The 2011 AFL Thread: *insert desired expletives here*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone see Jamie Graham's horrible injury from the WAFL? Really not for the squeamish at all, and the worst thing is that he's a nice guy who's already had a tough run in his time (missed 06 premiership after playing all H&A games, mum's apparently a junkie).

Seriously, look away NOW.

Oh crap.

21 minutes into the first quarter... Essendon lead 57 to 1. lol. looks like my estimate of a 100 point loss is well off the mark

Axver is proud.

And how am I a bandwagoner?

Back to the usual anger for me. God we're so unbelievably pathetic. New coach, please.

to

I'm back, chums.

I don't think we were really that bad in front of goal, I mean, Tippett only kicked one behind. It seems as if he's totally turned his kicking style around.

And from what I saw I got the feeling that the umpires were deliberately trying to gift St. Kilda goals, but their fail kicking much of the time backfired on the umpires.

I wet my pants, multiple times.

I knew he was going to slot that, confidence is a wonderful thing.

And for a 33k crowd, they sure make a shitload of noise! The crowd was deafening when Walker kicked that freak goal in the third.

in the space of a week!

so the highest quarter-time lead in history was 72 points.

15.4.94 to 0.1.1 at quarter time.

even country football games don't have discrepancies that big.

how embarrassing for the AFL and how scary for Port.

Also,

Anyone see Jamie Graham's horrible injury from the WAFL? Really not for the squeamish at all, and the worst thing is that he's a nice guy who's already had a tough run in his time (missed 06 premiership after playing all H&A games, mum's apparently a junkie).

Seriously, look away NOW.

Oh my fucking god that's horrendous.

i can't bring myself to watch it. Even mild knee injuries bring out my squeamishness.

Should think McKenna would have given his troops a right spray at QT, how did they concede 15 goals per quarter.

Best VFL/AFL quarter ever is 17.2.104. Against the Saints of course, back in the 1910's I think.

to

in the space of a week!

Well, okay, it's not like I gave up on them, though. That win was great and required for us.

so the highest quarter-time lead in history was 72 points.

15.4.94 to 0.1.1 at quarter time.

even country football games don't have discrepancies that big.

how embarrassing for the AFL and how scary for Port.

Oh lord.

If I were on the Essendon team, I'd have already gone home.

maybe they won't beat our record score of 37.17.239

incidentally we hold the record for holding an opposition to the lowest ever score... St Kilda 0.1.1 in 1899 :lol:

Looks like half the Bombers really did go home! :lol:

Hope they can return to steamrollering GC just for the sake of percentage, if nothing else.

Yeah, as I somewhat predicted, looks like they've just gone into cruise control now.

Imagine what's going to happen when Collingwood finally plays the Suns! :lol:

Reaching 200+ should have been their goal, like we did against Richmond a few years ago. Disappointing.

Riemers has six, maybe he doesn't need the yellow boots after all.

Well in the end they might as well have struck the 200 mark, 197-58! Good lord, Gold Coast.

Excellent. Much as hate Essendon cos of their rabid fans this seaon, I was hoping they'd comfortably belt the Suns.

Hopefully Collingwood scores 37.16.238 against them.

It's funny, I used to know a fair few Essendon fans up on the Gold Coast - now that I'm an Essendon fan, I barely know anybody else who is! Still the only fans that really bug me are Collingwood ones. I must say our resident Pies fans are wonderful people who don't deserve to be lumped in with that bunch, but christ I've encountered some unpleasant Pies fans out there away from Interference.

Apparently Folau had to bury his best mate just days before playing on the G yesterday (against the Bullants, they lost by 89, were goalless to half-time but won the third), but that doesn't change the fact he was terrible and damn I wish he hadn't changed codes.

I had to interview a 16yo kid yesterday, after he tore it up for Bannockburn's seniors. It was a bit like trying to get blood out of a stone... "Yep." "Good." "Yeah alright". "Good experience." "Enjoyed it."

Can't believe the pressure Bailey is under. Fair go, his squad is still very raw... It takes time to get some consistency, typical fickle Melbourne fans. He was entrusted to build the squad from scratch, that process should not be interrupted.

It really takes the edge off of our victory. Much of the reason Melbourne played badly because of our pressure, not solely because of their regular skills.

Folks still ain't ready to admit how much West Coast have improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom