The 2011 AFL Thread: *insert desired expletives here*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, the Saints/Lions game IS at the 'Gabba?

Well in that case. Hmm.

*was

Lions really should've won that one, they really had St. Kilda on the ropes in the second term and ended up only scoring one goal through all that domination.

Oh man, fuck, I had no idea the footy was LAST NIGHT and that THERE'S NO FOOTY TONIGHT! Fuck you Good Friday.

Well I'm glad I didn't change that Saints pick after all, at least.

I'm gutted Brisbane lost that game. Got a soft spot for the Lions; love how they went about their footy in 01/2/3. And I fucking loathe St Kilda. ( Who are paying $2.25 to make the 8!)

If it's any consolation, I really like the Lions' group of younger players. Some talented ones in that bunch. Banfield will be/is a gun, not just because he looks like the Brisbane logo.

OH MY GOD GOLD COAST! OH MY GOD. I ALMOST TIPPED GOLD COAST BUT I DIDN'T WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.

Seriously, I stopped watching at three quarter time expecting Port to continously run them over but when I switched onto Before the Game I WAS SHOCKED SO MUCH to find that Gold Coast somehow won. :ohmy:

Back to the usual anger for me. God we're so unbelievably pathetic. New coach, please.

Haven't got any injuries so far into this match, as far as I'm concerned. Ugh, so much inconsistency, still a somewhat new feeling when you've still got years such as 2005/ 2006/2008/2009 fresh in your mind when we killed shit.

Thank god we haven't been blown away considering the sheer amount of opportunities by Carlton. :crack:

Haven't got any injuries so far into this match, as far as I'm concerned. Ugh, so much inconsistency, still a somewhat new feeling when you've still got years such as 2005/ 2006/2008/2009 fresh in your mind when we killed shit.

I thought you had a couple of good players out with injury ...?

We do, but from your post I assumed you were talking about this match on its own.

I'm so fucking distraught right now. The umpires went missing those last few minutes, payed a throw and refused to acknowledge the situations where we were being held without the ball. Dubious. Mistakes by Otten didn't help either.

Oh no, I just meant in general it would be a right help to your cause!

Thrilling final quarter there, really entertaining footy. Think the Crows largely have themselves to blame though, with some abysmal errors near the death - the main villain seemed to me to be Johncock (what a horrid name too). Also lulz at Carlton's inaccuracy in front of goal, only to get those two sensational goals to regain the lead in the final term.

Oh no, I just meant in general it would be a right help to your cause!

Thrilling final quarter there, really entertaining footy. Think the Crows largely have themselves to blame though, with some abysmal errors near the death - the main villain seemed to me to be Johncock (what a horrid name too). Also lulz at Carlton's inaccuracy in front of goal, only to get those two sensational goals to regain the lead in the final term.

I won't hold too much against Johncock, he was mostly terrific tonight. The turning point would've to be the underdone Otten's costly fumble. Hasn't been himself since '09. :(

how about the highlanders knocking off the crusaders, ax?

Unbelieveable! Highlanders are having such an unexpectedly good year.

But must admit I've kind of fallen away from following this season over the last month ... with basically no coverage here, lacklustre reporting on Stuff, and the Hurricanes having such a dismal and worthless season, I've got to the point where I've even stopped submitting my weekly picks.

Dustin Martin is taking football to another level.

Richmond are a better football side than North Melbourne. There is nothing at all surprising about our win yesterday. We are now, quite simply, better and are no longer cellar-dwellers.

Don't North and Port faceoff next week? I'd love to see the crowd in that. :giggle:

That and North will finally win.

Anyone seen that Hungry Jack's ad with footage of a bunch of screamers, and the players trading cards popping out from the centre? Check out the unbelievable trying-so-hard-to-be-inoffensive-that-it's-terribly-offensive caricature card of Liam Jurrah. He's barely a shade darker than Cameron Ling. That's PCness gone mad.

God I hate Pendles.

I swear to god there are two Essendon teams on the park today. One team, outside the 50, is playing a strong game that's taking it right to the Pies and making a lot of chances. The other team, inside the 50, is laughably inept and can barely kick a behind. UGH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom