The 2011 AFL Thread: *insert desired expletives here*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has nobody on the Gold Coast Suns ever actually played Aussie Rules?

Though hey, what do you know, just as I typed this, the Suns finally get their first goal in the AFL!

59-7 at quarter time. Let the howls of "get rid of 'em, and GWS too!" begin.

Haha, damn. That's where I usually get streams. Can't help you further, sorry. My attempts to find last week's Essendon game were utterly futile.

can i assume carlton have shut up shop and are playing for time?

Somewhat, but they've still taken the score out to 146-46 with ten minutes to go. Think I'll head off to bed now, wonder if Carlton can hold on to a triple digit margin in the end. More disappointed I'm too tired to follow the rest of the Cricket World Cup final, really.

Should also point out that Ablett's been ... well, not totally useless, but pretty ineffective.

I can't say I expected such a thrashing, but it's fair to say I'm confident enough that they'll come good.

And kudos to West Coast.

1dqu.jpg

Wow, Reggo, you're really good at this. :wink:
Beginner's luck.

My picks for this week:

St Kilda vs Richmond
Kangaroos vs Collingwood
Port vs West Coast
Gold Coast vs Carlton
Freo vs Geelong
Dogs vs Lions
Sydney vs Essendon
Hawks vs Melbourne

97-23 at half time. Sweet fucking jesus.

Not all that sorry I missed this, to be honest. I can catch these sorts of cases any time by netflixing Law & Order: SVU.

Been a great year to arbitrarily choose Carlton as the team to follow though. :up:

I don't want to them to fail, well, it would be a different story if they steal Walker from us. Then I'd happily dig the boot in.

Massive loss to GC. The AFL have designed this new team, as opposed to previous new teams, to be premiers in 4 or 5 years, that's the idea. They never made a concerted effort to achieve this with previous new sides.

Port won their first game in Round 3 of 97, after getting smashed by 12-13 goals by a mid-table Collingwoood side.

Freo lost their first ever match by just 5 points away to the arguably the best Richmond side since the early 80's. Freo won their first ever match just a few weeks later.

Adelaide smashed eventual premiers Hawthorn by 14 goals or something back in 1991.

But I suppose all these clubs were feeding from the cream of the WAFL and SANFL, while Gold Coast aren't. They had a fair share of mature players, and were primed to be competitive.

I expected more from GC against Carlton, and they'll probably really struggle next week against Footscray. I do wonder whether it's the right thing to do on the AFL's part, to let GC be shit for a year or two, before expecting what is supposed to be the most talented of young squads to be lifting the premiership cup in 2014-2015

Thats exactly it. And they will have to be pushing for flags by then, cause what happens when all their concessions run out? Its a possibility they will get screwed over after putting a few solid years into young kids, who will then get poached by other teams.

Way to early to say the whole thing is pearshaped, I know. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom