The 2011 AFL Thread: *insert desired expletives here*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I'm obscenely wealthy, I'll buy all the best AFL players, fix the books so that nobody notices the salary cap rort/pay off Demetriu III so that he doesn't care, and found a Wellington team to dominate the entire competition. We'll even have enough money to convince Richmond to let us have black and yellow as colours (i.e. $3).

It will be glorious.

Not half as painful as the agonising rugby commentary or any commentary at the Olympics/Commonwealth Games/similar. :shrug:

Meh, I wasn't a fan of her but she didn't bother me as much as she could have, probably because she was Vic based so I didn't hear her as often.

Also not AFL related, but 8-1. :bono:

here's the video.

YouTube - Western Bulldogs Players Disgracing Themselves In Hong Kong (November 2010)

i'm getting pretty sick of the fun police. no one was hurt, no one was raped, no one was ridiculed. it's a bunch of footy boys having fun and getting loose on footy trip. silly behaviour, but that's life. fucking pathetic how the media portray this shit and if i don't end up doing sports journalism that will be one of the major reasons why.

I can't wait for season 2011.

I can't wait to see how this lightning NAB thing works out.

I can't wait to see the slightly new score boxes that Channels 7 & 10 will have.

I can't wait to hear games on Channel 10 with Michael Christian more often and Kelli Underwhelmingwood relegated to the boundary.

I can't wait for The Footy Show.

I can't wait for Sam Newman to say something funny and Robyn Riley to write another 200-word piece dissecting an offhand comment.

I can't wait for JB to say, "that's funny, Garry!"

I can't wait for the Saturday Rub.

I can't wait for beers on a Friday night watching the footy in my mate's garage.

I can't wait to see Gold Coast make their debut.

I can't wait to see how Ablett goes in his first game as captain.

I can't wait to see how Collingwood perform.

I can't wait to see people turn their noses up when Geelong remind everyone that one player and a disinterested coach don't make a team.

I can't wait to read Mike Sheahan bandwagoning.

I can't wait for the moment I don't have to hear Michael Slater, Ian Healy or Tony Greig anymore.

I can't wait for that lovely, red (though it will be yellow), oval-shaped piece of luscious leather to go booming into the turf when Carlton take on Richmond on the Thursday the 24th of March, in exactly 44 days, 21 hours and 28 minutes.

/GAF

Make that three.

I can't believe I can be so excited for such an insignificant thing.

I'm in the same boat mate. it was the thing I most looked forward to EVERY year!

I still see an old game on TV and can just about 100% of the time know which season it was because of the scoreboard :laugh:

Unbelievably true. Don't forget about the themes at the start of the coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom