The 2009 Masters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need an Interference golf tournament; I can find something to set up in Palm Springs...I'm a 9.2 and I play from the ladies tees.....:giggle:

Anyone wanna hook up for a weekend in the desert??????

I followed it through word of mouth the first three days and then actually sat down and watched the majority of Sunday. I wanted Watson to win so very badly. Was more emotionally invested (for lack of a better way to say it) in this tournament than I had been in a loooong time. Huge bummer. Huge choke job on the putt on 18. Oh well. Such is life.

After going to my first Major on Thursday...I would HIGHLY encourage attendance to one of these events.

It is amazing how close you can be to top athletes while they are performing (I watched six groups go by the 11th Tee box and I was ten feet from the golfers). Nevermind the opportunity to see their mechanics and how far they drive the ball WITH accuracy.

Wish I could have brought a camera. I look forward to going again.

I am going to watch Tiger's entire round today. Every hole, every shot. I have beers. I'm runnin low on cigarettes. No food. I got a good amount of love and a little bit of a clear mind, and I'm goign to watch this motherfucker win his first Major championship since the surgery.

It will be UH-MAY-ZING.

you guys can join me if you want.

Have Yang on my fantasy team :up:. Haven't seen Tiger play like this in a while in the final group.

At some point, you'd have thought Tiger would have realized that the greens just weren't breaking that much. But he kept overplaying the breaks and kept missing.

Tiger doesn't typically putt well on the bumpy poa annua greens - a reason he doesn't play Pebble Beach anymore.

It was only a matter of time he would be beat in a Major after holding the lead. At least now we dont have to hear how unbeatable he is. Maybe this will help him too, as some pressure should be off. He's handled pressure better than any other pro (maybe MJ is 1a).

He had an off day. His putting had been incredible the past 3 weeks, and it failed him today. I was still rooting for him, and when he got he birdie to go one up I thought that was it. But he gave it right back on the next hole.

It's not going to be easy for him to get his 4 more majors, but he will do it.

Just a personal observation and no excuses for Tiger.

I think the media and the unknowing golf world seem to believe that Tiger can win everytime he steps on the course...its not going to happen...

When he made his debut, I didn't care for Tiger, despite his OC roots; but after his father's passing, I saw another side of him...he was human...

I kicked 3-Day Phil to the side and Tiger became my #1, along with Freddie Couples, who will always be one of my fav's..

Back to the subject, I now see Tiger as a Father figure, he's got a wife, two children of his own, business ventures...he's like us, he's got bills (but at least he can pay them on time!) and he's probably got things on his mind other than golf...are the kids okay, the wife's health, his mother...

Its got to be terribly difficult, stressful, to play in front of 40 thousand on the course, 40 million on TV and be scrutinized for every thing you do...

I've noted a little something about Tiger; I recognize that when he's under the gun and the pressure has really gotten to him he starts spitting on the course..and he started spitting after Yang made the chip-shot from the fringe...

I'm gonna put this loss in the past; I'll say that Yang didn't beat Tiger but that he lost it himself...just my view.

The Tiger of 4 years ago (pre marriage and kids) would not have lost this tourney. He would have built up a lead of about 6-8 strokes going into the final round, and would have won easily.

Tiger has shown cracks. He did look rattled, and he looked rattled the week before against Harrington. Tiger will make great shots though, and that puts the pressure back.

Yang is the first golfer to play against Woods and not make a huge mistake. In fact, Yang hit more "Tiger" type shots than Tiger. Perhaps the language barrier played a role, hard to say. What it did appear like is this guy was having FUN.

When was the last time Tiger looked like he was having fun? Probably never. The field has closed on him now, he needs to loosen up. Nobody is really that scared of him anymore, and if some unknown can get up and play in front of 40k people, and 40 million more at home, then so can the big guys.

Imagine the thought of arriving to "work" on Thursday with 144 guys wanting to beat you; winning is probably 2nd but beating you (Tiger) is the paramount pleasure...by Saturday morning, only the top 70 are left and everyone is still trying to beat you, not the course, you...

And Beal, you're observation is correct; he's looked beatable, rattled and seems to be taking more time between shots, hence, "put on the clock" at Bridgestone...

Tiger played too conservatively Saturday - if anything he lost it then. Yang's chip-in on 14 and the 3-hybrid to 10 feet on 18 will be long remembered. He shot as low as anyone (70).

This was his first stretch at 3 in a row for as long as I can remember; emotionally and physically drained, without tempo everything goes south, including the world's best golf swing...

*Yang's shot on 18 is the shot that we all dream of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom