Pro Wrestling Thread- Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll share more thoughts later, but my top two takeaways were that the Rock/Roman Seth/Cody match might be the best wrestling match I've ever seen (having only started watching WWE in the last few years) and that I am actually really fucking upset and salty that they didn't get Stone Cold. The bell with Taker was cool but I was so underwhelmed. Aaaaaall of Rock and Stone Cold's history. His status as probably the most over wrestler that has ever been over. His iconic entrance. That glass hits and the joint would have fucking combusted and millions around the world watching would have completely lost their shit. I am trying to take what was an exceptional Wrestlemania in my stride, but at the moment I can't help but feel like I got gibbed not having Stone Cold. It feels like you go and see your favourite band and they've played your favourite song for 40 nights in a row and then they drop it for the one show you go to.

i didn't watch it live - but i feel like everyone expected stone cold - thus why taker making the appearance was actually the more surprising move.

but as late 90s early 2000s WWF/E fan who only pops his head back in when the big guns from the Attitude era reappear, a stone cold appearance is always welcome.

and the best match ever remains taker/mankind hell in a cell - but i'll allow the TLC match with the Hardy's, Dudley's and Edge & Christian.

kurt angle had some amazing matches against chris benoit and brock lesnar asd well.

i didn't watch it live - but i feel like everyone expected stone cold - thus why taker making the appearance was actually the more surprising move.

but as late 90s early 2000s WWF/E fan who only pops his head back in when the big guns from the Attitude era reappear, a stone cold appearance is always welcome.

and the best match ever remains taker/mankind hell in a cell - but i'll allow the TLC match with the Hardy's, Dudley's and Edge & Christian.

kurt angle had some amazing matches against chris benoit and brock lesnar asd well.
Good times. I haven't watched any sort of Pro Wrestling in over 20 years. Seems like they found their groove again, so that's good.

Man, when Shawn Michaels came back in 2002, that was probably my favorite moment.

Back
Top Bottom