Penn State Child Molestation Scandal...continuing discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Well, you might think that. I don't know," Sandusky said, and then laughed, according to a transcript from the interview. "I didn't go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I've helped. There are many that I didn't have -- I hardly had any contact with who I have helped in many, many ways."

...I hate this guy so much.

here's a fairly simple question...

"are you sexually attracted to young boys?"

if the answer is no, the next words, within a matter of a second, maybe two, would be something along the lines of "no," "hell no," "fuck no," "absolutely not," "are you fucking crazy, of course not," or something along those lines.

if your answer is this...

... you're probably a pedophile.

Fucking this X 10000000000000

Did he reveal his identity?
Yes, as a matter of fact he did. Signed it with his name and location. Can't remember what it was, but he was from Texas as I recall.

It could be fake, for all I know. Most of the threats people received ended up being people who used fake names and fake email addresses, though the university has been investigating them.
is this just all hear say and rumors?

like when they said Sandusky was pimping out young boys to wealthy donors? anymore on that one?
At least one person said she had lost an internship from it. I can't speak to her reliability. The thing about the donations is more of a projection, though a couple reporters reported having sources saying so.

Again, the pimping out thing has only been reported by that shithead Mark Madden, so that's still a rumor till someone else says something.

I'd love to find out if that CEO in Texas or whatever is real, just to see the rage of the internet put upon him.

"Well, you might think that. I don't know," Sandusky said, and then laughed, according to a transcript from the interview. "I didn't go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I've helped. There are many that I didn't have -- I hardly had any contact with who I have helped in many, many ways."

Seriously. That's gotta be the most incriminating thing he said in the interview.

I mean, come on. Look at those sentences carefully. What the fuck?

"I didn't go around seeking every young person for sexual needs..."

Translation: "I only sought out a few young people for sexual needs."

"There are many that I didn't have --"

Translation: "There are many that I didn't rape. But I did rape a few of them."

I just watched an excerpt of the interview on espn. I probably shouldn't comment, given I'm on the other side of the world, but it's such a massive story.

Did he say "I touched their legs" as well as "showering and horsing around"?? That's what I heard.

Maybe he is innocent. But what normal adult says shit like that? Answers the sexually attracted question like that? So fucking wrong.

And then he said Paterno didn't speak with him ever about anything regarding it.

BoMac said:
Someone just tweeted:

"Hannibal Lecter's phone call to Clarice Starling was less creepy than Bob Costas's interview with Jerry Sandusky."

And I very much agree with that.

Truth.

Seriously. That's gotta be the most incriminating thing he said in the interview.

I mean, come on. Look at those sentences carefully. What the fuck?

"I didn't go around seeking every young person for sexual needs..."

Translation: "I only sought out a few young people for sexual needs."

"There are many that I didn't have --"

Translation: "There are many that I didn't rape. But I did rape a few of them."

I was trying to understand his words from a sympathetic viewpoint, just to understand what his own justification might be, and I don't have a fucking clue. I mean...is he trying to ironically distance himself from the charge that Second Mile was a front for child molesting? Because that certainly didn't come across. The best way to say that, as Headache said, is to say No. Unequivocally.

Yes, as a matter of fact he did. Signed it with his name and location. Can't remember what it was, but he was from Texas as I recall.

It could be fake, for all I know. Most of the threats people received ended up being people who used fake names and fake email addresses, though the university has been investigating them.

It has got to be fake. No legit CEO for a corporation that would be hiring top-tier grads would make such an ignorant statement.

This was going to be Paterno's last year as coach anyway. He was planning his retirement this past summer. That could as easily be innocuous as it could be incriminating.

Why does college cost so much?

Pa. state pension system records show Paterno in line for six-figure annual benefit

By Associated Press, Tuesday, November 15, 7:04 PM

HARRISBURG, Pa. — Former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno’s long service at the university theoretically puts him in line for a pension of more than $500,000 a year, according to an Associated Press analysis of state public pension records.

Paterno’s pension records obtained Tuesday from the State Employees’ Retirement System credit him with more than 60 years in the system. The formula used to determine benefits makes him eligible for a pension equal to 100 percent of the average of his three highest-salary years.

His pay rose from $541,000 to $568,000 over the past three full calendar years.

When Paterno retires, he will have to make a set of choices to determine his pension, including whether to designate a survivor to receive benefits after he dies and whether to obtain a one-time, lump-sum payment of his own contributions.

College costs so much because Pennsylvania provides one third of what other states are providing for their Big Ten state universities. Paterno makes way less than most college football coaches with his résumé.

This is the second time you have confused the issue

If PA tax payers pay some or more of the costs of your college education, it does not cost less.

Why should others pay for your education, beyond the mandated K-12 public education?

I can pay the same tax rate I'm paying now and have Penn State receive a more appropriate appropriation if taxes are applied to businesses in the state such as those in the natural gas industry.

Again why should tax payers, individuals or businesses, pay any of the costs of your non mandatory higher education?

here in CA tuition at state colleges is going up 9%, if students or their families don't want to pay it, they do not have to go.

Why does college cost so much?

Pa. state pension system records show Paterno in line for six-figure annual benefit

By Associated Press, Tuesday, November 15, 7:04 PM

HARRISBURG, Pa. — Former Penn State football coach Joe Paterno’s long service at the university theoretically puts him in line for a pension of more than $500,000 a year, according to an Associated Press analysis of state public pension records.

Paterno’s pension records obtained Tuesday from the State Employees’ Retirement System credit him with more than 60 years in the system. The formula used to determine benefits makes him eligible for a pension equal to 100 percent of the average of his three highest-salary years.

His pay rose from $541,000 to $568,000 over the past three full calendar years.

When Paterno retires, he will have to make a set of choices to determine his pension, including whether to designate a survivor to receive benefits after he dies and whether to obtain a one-time, lump-sum payment of his own contributions.

As Headache stated, this is a discussion for elsewhere...but c'mon...you're equating roughly a half million annually for Paterno's salary and subsequent pension to Penn State costing too much? When the football program (Which was until a week ago essentially Joe Paterno) nets roughly $50 million profit annually for the school...you're smarter than that man.

Again why should tax payers, individuals or businesses, pay any of the costs of your non mandatory higher education?

here in CA tuition at state colleges is going up 9%, if students or their families don't want to pay it, they do not have to go.
As part of Penn State being a state university, the university has to put millions of dollars of time and resources into state-requested research projects.

You seem to be making the argument that no tax money should go to any public university. Is that the road you want to go down?

So now McQueary (sp?) is saying he DID go to the police.

Okay. So .... what did the police do? Did they do nothing as well? Or did they do an investigation and kept it under the radar?

He's using a technicality. Part of Schultz's duties was to oversee the University Park Police Department, so as far as he was concerned, he did technically meet with the police.

Back
Top Bottom