Penn State Child Molestation Scandal...continuing discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So revealed today is that Penn state was given an ultimatum of accepting these sanctions or facing an official NCAA investigation which likely would have resulted in what most of the NCAA presidents wanted... a four year death penalty.

So I wonder how those media types who say this is worse than a death penalty will want to spin that one...

So revealed today is that Penn state was given an ultimatum of accepting these sanctions or facing an official NCAA investigation which likely would have resulted in what most of the NCAA presidents wanted... a four year death penalty.

Sounds like some PSU brass is mighty afraid of any further info/facts coming out. Maybe this went a bit deeper than we think..if nothing else, the looking the other way part..

No shit, just this past Tuesday night, had a good buddy of mine jokingly say that Pacino should play Paterno in the inevitable movie. Weird.

He's still insisting that he's falsely accused and said that the only person he's ever had sexual contact with was his wife, after they were married. Don't know why he had to do that, guess he thinks that makes him look good (that he waited until they were married)? He's no different, people who sexually abuse children almost always lie and deny. I just hope that his victims can find some measure of comfort in the fact that he can never do it to another child. I wonder if he'll ever feel one ounce of guilt for what he did. He should just really shut up and stop tormenting them even more.

How could that evil man sit in the courtroom with his victims telling him of the hell he put them through, and still believe he did nothing wrong?

May he rot in hell.

Medical personnel changes at Penn State football raise questions - College Football - SI.com

Great follow up reporting by SI! Dear Lord. The last 18 months have just made me realize how naive most people are about what actually happened at Penn State. I'm glad I dropped out of this thread when I did, because I probably would have gotten banned. So many of you were so incredibly wrong, and I doubt you've given much thought to it since then.

How does this article illustrate or support either of your claims here ie "how naive most people are about what actually (?) happened" and how "so many of you were wrong"?

Oh, it doesn't. It does the opposite. It's more media bullshit displaying how little people outside of Pennsylvania have actually paid attention to any of this. They're creating a story where there is none. So a university has some inner-office politics? If it wasn't Penn State it wouldn't even make the magazine, let alone be mentioned on the cover and get 23 pages.

Why people are naive and wrong is a whole 'nother discussion. This just got me angry and made me mention it.

. So a university has some inner-office politics? If it wasn't Penn State it wouldn't even make the magazine, let alone be mentioned on the cover and get 23 pages.

Good thing you clarified that, I was like wth?? Lol

I agree that's gotta be one the driest most boring ass excuse for a story about a school I've read in a good long time. Curse you, I actually read the whole thing thinking there was a link! :fist:

It changes nothing. It's just an example.

I am not about defending Paterno, remember. I am about getting rid of the absurd, unnecessary, idiotic, unethical sanctions placed upon Penn State's football program and athletic department for no reason other than making people like you feel morally superior.

It changes nothing. It's just an example.

I am not about defending Paterno, remember. I am about getting rid of the absurd, unnecessary, idiotic, unethical sanctions placed upon Penn State's football program and athletic department for no reason other than making people like you feel morally superior.

Do not for one second think that you know the reasons behind why I'm in favor of these sanctions, or should I say, was in favor of even tougher sanctions.

Please, for the love of god, do not make that mistake. I can assure you it has zero to do with any sort of subjective morality.

A man testified in court in 2014 that Penn State football coach Joe Paterno ignored his complaints of a sexual assault committed by assistant coach Jerry Sandusky in 1976 when the man was a 14-year-old boy, according to new court documents unsealed Tuesday in a Philadelphia court.

The victim, who was identified in court records as John Doe 150, said that while he was attending a football camp at Penn State, Sandusky touched him as he showered. Sandusky’s finger penetrated the boy’s rectum, Doe testified in court in 2014, and the victim asked to speak with Paterno about it. Doe testified that he specifically told Paterno that Sandusky had sexually assaulted him, and Paterno ignored it.

“Is it accurate that Coach Paterno quickly said to you, ‘I don’t want to hear about any of that kind of stuff, I have a football season to worry about?'” the man’s lawyer asked him in 2014.

“Specifically. Yes … I was shocked, disappointed, offended. I was insulted… I said, is that all you’re going to do? You’re not going to do anything else?”

Insurance expert: Penn State had six chances to tell us about Sandusky problems | PennLive.com

Penn State officials were so stupidly cheap and greedy that they tried to get reimbursement for the Sandusky settlement payments from their insurance company.

The insurance company, in their argument to deny the insurance claim, argued that Penn State failed to disclose incidents that would lead to liability exposure in a timely manner, and the now unsealed court documents reveal that officials at Penn State knew of Sandusky's behavior as far back as 1976, and either ignored it or covered it up at every opportunity.

Never thought I'd be in a position to cheer an insurance company.

Wow....I wish Paterno was still alive so he could face the music too.

This. And apparently some alums are trying to get his statue reinstalled.

Back
Top Bottom