Official Cricket Thread Part 302

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...and they don't even get to tea.

What a horrible Test.

Somebody needs to break it to Warne that the Windies really can't do much better than this.

Kane is the second Kiwi batsman to score a thousand runs in a calendar year, following BMac achieving the milestone last year. :love:

Kane :pray:

Utterly pathetic but about what I expected from the West Indies. It is so sad. Even in June they at least provided some semblance of competitiveness. Would have been nice to see Kraigg Brathwaite (whatta name) get a century, at least. Those are going to be the small mercies in this series.

Was also happy for Pattinson.

Guptill got bowled by Herath with a ball that probably bounced no more than 10cm lmao

If I ever do anything important in life, I fucking hope Neesham tweets about it.

Very good bowling stats all-round. I wish I'd watched more of it. Hope we can keep up that style of play, but it goes to show just how different our performances are on Kiwi (or English) pitches versus Aussie ones.

And today I learnt that Boonie is now a match referee. What a world.

Any of you guys watching the start of the Big Bash? Normally I'd be pleased that the Sydney Thunder are finally going to beat the Sydney Sixers, since if I must favour one Sydney team it would have been the Thunder, but now they have Shane Watson and that's incredibly off-putting.

One team has Watto and the other has Haddin. Tough decision. But Huss and Russell have been very good. Michael Lumb dropped the easiest catch in the universe. Amazing.

BMac is playing in his 99th consecutive Test since debut, which is a record. What a run.

He also now shares the record for most Test sixes with Gilchrist and you'd back him to take the record for himself sometime in this Test.

Impressive, no doubt.

One thing about the BBL coverage that bugs me is that when they talk about the stars and big names, Mahela Jayawardene is not mentioned? It's as if they've completely forgotten that he's signed for this year's tournament.

Strikers turned a pretty ordinary 4/80-something after 14 overs into 5/187 after 20. Not bad. Hodge and Ross with half centuries.

Geez this NZ vs Sri Lanka Test has really turned bad for us after looking so promising earlier today. Some awful dismissals.

Yeah, no shame in him getting a 5fa, he's got a lot of ability and I hope for Sri Lanka's sake he keeps getting better because he's just what they're in need of.

This Heat vs Renegade game has been great. What a conclusion this should be.

Also I swear there's more West Indian talent onfield tonight than there is in the Windies' Test team.

Chris Gayle interview-bombing Dwayne Bravo after the game! :lol:

NZ take 5/10 to bowl Sri Lanka out for 133. Target of 188 to win. Now that's a test cricket.

Total carnage in Hamilton today. New Zealand now 2/11! Let's hope Kane and Ross can set up another legendary partnership. That's thirteen wickets so far today and we're not even at tea.

Meanwhile, Women's Big Bash is being shown on One. :up: I'm impressed by Suzie Bates - Scorchers have been in all sorts of trouble but she's done everything to progress the innings and keep them from totally collapsing.

Lyon runs 3 on the last ball after hitting it into his pad and it going only a couple of metres from him. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom