Official Cricket Thread Part 302

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gutted I've been out most of today and the only cricket I got to see was some of Bates's stand (but at least that was quality cricket to see). The scorecard from Hamilton makes for unbelievable reading. Sixteen wickets all told! I hope New Zealand can hold on for these last 47 runs tomorrow - and that Kane brings up his century. He needs 22 more runs to be the Kiwi who's scored the most runs in a calendar year.

Lyon runs 3 on the last ball after hitting it into his pad and it going only a couple of metres from him. :laugh:

Just saw a replay of that. What the fuck, Hobart. Then geez it's like they didn't even turn up for the second innings.

Hobart's innings was bizarre, especially Sanga halfheartedly chipping the ball to the fielder off Lyon on his first ball.

What a finish! Holy shit. This is a classic T20 match.

Stars need 10 off 6? Get to 4 off 3. Old man Kallis manages two dot balls in a row, Faulkner completely misses a premeditated ramp shot off the second of those. Then scores 2 off the last ball when he needed a boundary. Thunder win by one measly run.

That was a fucking edge-of-your-seat finish. I wish the Stars had got up, but damn what entertainment. I'd gone out for dinner and when I came back the Stars needed something like 78 off 39 and looked gone for all money. KP's knock was incredible.

Can we all gather around again to talk about how fucking good Kane Williamson is? Seriously, this never gets old. What an incredible player. He guided New Zealand to victory today with 108 not out, which means he has scored the most Test runs by a New Zealander in a calendar year and has the most centuries by a New Zealander in a calendar year. He finishes the year with a Test average of 90.15 from 16 innings! The only person in the world ahead of him is Khawaja, who averaged 152 from three innings, so that barely holds as a comparison.

:love:

The new updated rankings has him as the #1 test batsman in the world according to Cricinfo. So very good, and he is 0.07 off an average of 50 which is astounding if you consider he's been in the national side since the age of 20 - which I would imagine, is not a particularly easy age to debut at when you're still in the process of developing.

And especially not when you're playing for an NZ Test team then in the doldrums! He has clearly played a huge role dragging us out of that hole.

Let's also not forget his ODI feats this year either, especially that cool as ice six in Auckland to win the game against Australia. He has three more ODIs left this year; what more can he do?

Bring back the bubblegum.

I'm starting to think Kane could hit classy four after classy four even if his helmet were on fire.

I can not believe the actual pissing and bitching today. We just won and people want just about everyone gone

Really? Geez. There are some people who need to step up, and the bowling has dipped since the heights achieved earlier this year, but we have a good core. I am sceptical if Guptill belongs in Tests; he has a far, far better ODI average and should perhaps be used only in the short forms of the game.

Also read somewhere that KW is the 3rd youngest player to reach 13 test hundreds. You can have a good idea of who the first two are.

Delays in the Hobart/Brisbane match because Paine has hit it out of the ground twice. :lol:

Both Paine and Sanga look in great form.

Plus, since I'm in Port Macquarie, between overs I'm getting to enjoy all those hilarious local ads that Gruen took the piss out of this year.

Brisbane started their chase with a real hiss and a roar but now they've lost a bunch of wickets and look shaky. Dan Christian is bowling quite well. Rainbird (what a name) was smashed for 19 off his first over but has now taken a couple of big wickets.

The Stars/Thunder finish was awesome. Was with bae, and somehow managed to catch the last five overs and not get dumped.

Fair to say I'm a BBL fan these days, although having said that I'd say 90% of the reason I love it is because it's on when you get home. It's great having a game of cricket to watch.

Sad McCullum has retired. Have to say some of the innings he's played in 2015 have infuriated me (the WC final, most of his innings vs Aus in the series just gone) because I think the whole "it's how he plays" thing is a bit of a copout and he's capable of being better, but, having said that, when he gets going, there is just no one better to watch. His good innings are absolute gold and his attitude has been wonderful - a) the take-no-prisoners batting and b) the trying to bring joy and smiles to cricket. Will never forget his reaction to his big ton in that Test v Pak after Hughes died - didn't celebrate and from then on tried to lift the spirit of the game a bit, like cricketers tried to do post-WWII in the face of the colossus that was Bradman.

Very glad he's retiring after the return Aus series but don't really see the logic in not doing the World T20. I mean, I get it, wanting to blood youngsters, but I'm pretty bummed.

not embedding, but McCullum smoting Southee for four huge sixes in what I'm assuming is NZ's domestic T20 comp.

Don't need to add anything about Kane. I have a gigantic man crush on the bloke.

Lyon runs 3 on the last ball after hitting it into his pad and it going only a couple of metres from him. :laugh:

Overthrows...?

Bring back the bubblegum.

Fuck. That is so awesome.

Anyone watching the Big Bash tonight? There was halftime entertainment involving a fake elephant that Mark Waugh mistook for a real one. The rest of the commentary team has been giving him shit ever since, and for once a running commentator joke is actually funny.

Sydney Sixers looked totally cooked chasing the Renegades' 173 having lost two wickets and scored barely anything in the first five overs. Since then Lumb and Henriques have scored a century partnership- ah yes but now Lumb is out! He's been on fire hitting great sixes.

Great cricket, big swings in momentum, could be any result.

That runout was great. Botha looked completely safe until the replay was shown. Nobody seemed particularly interested beforehand.

Back
Top Bottom