Official Cricket Thread Part 302

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SA are 103-3 in 116 overs against India in the final test, chasing 481.

That's right, 103 runs scored in 116 overs. That's a run rate of 0.88. Bizarre stuff.

Can't blame them for trying something different to save a test, but even at this rate they've only got 3 wickets in hand with the bulk of the last session remaining.

Geez that was a massive finish by India. 7 wickets in the last 7 or so overs to win.

Unbelievable stonewalling by the Saffers though. That was close to being one of the greatest draws of all time. They had to block out over five sessions, and to think that had that been just one session less they would've done it - incredible. Look at Amla's stats, 25 off 244, SR 10.24! He makes AB look positively hasty with 43 off 297 at 14.47.

Also, can I just say it is absolutely extraordinary that a batsman known for pyrotechnics like AB is also capable of playing in such a way. Much as I love BMac, he may be able to equal AB's explosions but he could never replicate such stonewalling.

Reckon there's a solid chance it will be the smallest Boxing Day crowd ever, too. I struggle to think of a harsh enough adjective for the West Indies' performance against the CAXI.

Frankly, I want this series to be an absolute rout. If the Windies manage to drag each Test into the fourth day, nothing will change. We'll complain about boring lopsided Tests, wring our hands over the state of West Indian cricket, and move on. But if they don't make it past day two, if they get thumped by an innings and a few hundred runs each time, that may - may - force some action. Especially to stop the farce that is some of the best West Indian players choosing T20 over representing their countries. Sports like rugby have this sorted out, where domestic leagues and international tournaments do not clash, but that's pretty much impossible with cricket. There needs to be some mechanism to ensure that it is more attractive to represent your country than take the cash to play for some random franchise.

Essentially, a Test that ends late on the fourth day at Aus 4/500d, Windies 200, Aus 3/250d, Windies 150 won't change anything, but a couple of Tests of Aus 3/400d, Windies 70 & 95 might.

I don't think WI will have that much trouble taking wickets, their bowling attack isn't poor. It's the batting.

Shikhar Dhawan pulled for suspect bowling action even though he bowls like one over every now and then and isn't a proper bowler. :lol:

Guptill leaves Australia and gets a century. :lol: Well, good to see he persevered and got a good result.

Windies recovered well after Australia were going at 7 rpo early.

Good to see from Guppy. :up:

And huh, Australia 3/121, surely the Windies can't stay competitive for long?

And as we expected, now Australia's powering on. How the hell did Smarsh get selected again? Voges doing all the heavy lifting in this partnership.

Ugh I wish somebody had got Smarsh out. Easily the least talented person on the team and I fear he will become a Twatto: given so many chances, not offered to much better players, that he inevitably becomes halfway decent and stays in the team. He's useless and should be dropped. I thought Khawaja had recovered?

Thankfully Shaun Marsh fell before his Voges' stand passed Bradman and Ponsford's record (451) for highest ever Australian partnership. Regardless, it was the sixth-highest in history.

Geez that was a close-run thing, dismissed with the partnership on 449.

Voges certain to get to 300. Not exactly the player I would've predicted to reach that milestone.

Well, it's guaranteed to be better than this Test series.

Lyon has murdered the Windies top order. Stick a fork in this Test.

Smith is copping shit for declaring - have to say I was surprised he didn't call it as soon as marsh got out. I like to se records fall as much as the next guy, but with rain floating about, he did the right thing

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Seriously, why not let Voges get to 300? Australia won't need to bat again.

Nice work at the end from Roach. Such a shame that Bravo is the only class batsman. He's played very well and looked quite untroubled.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I was just coming here to say Bravo's done well and passed his century, and will probably be left stranded by everybody else failing - but then he went and got out on 108 as I began typing. Good effort though, made his teammates look ordinary (which they absolutely were).

Australia have enforced the follow-on. Will the Windies even get within 200?

Oh god. Will this game even get to the end of today?

Also, Bravo out twice in 6.1 overs. :lol:

Can someone explain how the hell Braithwaite wasn't out LBW there? Way more than half the ball is hitting the stumps; I don't understand how that was umpire's call. Ridiculous.

Edit: Oh but never mind, Ramdin falls next ball, it's 5/30. :crack:

Seriously depressing. I would struggle to believe how any cricket fan could enjoy this.

I was looking forward to a quiet Sunday tomorrow watching the game. At the moment I'm sceptical play will even make it to tea today.

Boomer Harvey and Drew Petrie batting against Warnie during the Cricket Show was actually better quality and more entertaining than what's happening out in the middle.

Holder runs two to move to 6, and is now the second-highest scorer in the Windies' second innings. What a fucking joke.

Back
Top Bottom