Official Cricket Thread Part 302

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How good is Kraigg Braithwaite! 142 and 60 without getting out against Pakistan in the UAE. Great win for Windies cricket.

Would like to see Starc go back over the wicket to De Kock here. Little bit either way off the deck would have him really struggling. He's going hard, and digging in has him looking pretty comfortable

I recall Kraigg Brathwaite showing promise on the Windies' ill-fated Aussie tour last summer. Amazing win for them. Didn't realise it's also Holder's first ever Test win as captain, and the first time they've won away from home against a team ranked higher than them since 2007. Ridiculous. I hope they can harness this as the moment when their luck swung back towards the positive.

Meanwhile, hope the Saffers can pick up a couple of wickets here before stumps. Their recovery wasn't bad but it'll be meaningless if they let Australia pile on 550+.

South Africa bowled out for 242. Australia haven't lost a wicket.

Good reminder why I shouldn't get excited about cricketing series here.

About time the Saffers started taking some wickets!

Hahaha Smarsh gets out on the last ball of the morning session - and pisses the last review down the drain too.

At least Smith's decision to review was reasonable. Smarsh's review was very poorly chosen.

Smith shouldn't have had to review, that's fucking outrageous to give that out. Still, I'm a lot happier than I was last night.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well shit, who expected the Saffers to be on top at stumps this evening. Great day of cricket.

Can't wait to spend all day in my comfy armchair watching tomorrow's action. :up:

Duminy and Elgar doing a sensational job here. Centuries to both now. This is drifting away from Australia. Their bowling has rarely seemed that threatening today.

Duminy and Elgar have batted exceptionally well. For the most part I don't think the Aussies have bowled badly at any point, just this pair have been so good. Watching Duminy today it's really hard to reconcile the fact he has only played 37 Tests and has a middling average. He started his career so well in 2008 against us too. It's been a phenomenal innings. And Elgar has been the perfect foil. About as enjoyable to watch as a game of soccer, but he's been great all the same.

Starc's drop was village and I have no idea why Lyon didn't bowl in the morning session.

But I've had my fun. It's time for wickets now. A collapse and the Aussies in for five overs before stumps please.

There's your wicket, Cobbs! I was stunned that wasn't given straight away.

Could Warner be any less suited to hocking off TVs? So damn sick of this ad.

The thing about that ad... is you can either fly into rage or accept that if you watch the cricket you're going to see it 25 thousand times this summer. See the humour in it. The meme pages have already come up with some absolute rippers.

Great day for South Africa, however I think Australia would still feel pretty bouyant given SA only have two quicks. One genuine spinner on debut and then it's part-timers, and they'll have to bowl a LOT of overs.

It's just that Warner is possibly the least charismatic person I've ever seen. That ad's going to annoy me more than "what's a Gilly, bro?" And out of the five ads that Channel 9 seems to have, it's easily being done to death the most.

Yeah, once Australia dismiss South Africa they're all but assured of the need for a record WACA chase - but these are the circumstances in which to do it. Should be a cracking final couple of days.

Call me juvenile if you want, but it's cracking me up having two batsmen at the crease called Philander and de Kock.

I look forward to South Africa's next star being Lothario.

de Kock is the next Dhoni/Gilchrist as far as wicketkeeper-batsmen go.

Oh how about that runout of Warner by Bavuma! Sensational fielding.

307503_3900a79e728f27dc8b90f9e9a2d60a2b.JPG

That run out was amazing. Superhuman. Maybe the best run out in history.

No way it'll be a draw, what are you watching Vlad? Kagiso in that last session was making me erect.

Yeah the Saffers only need six wickets now. If Australia can force a draw it will be through some very impressive stonewalling.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom