Official Cricket Thread Part 302

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Black Caps are through to the semis, in no small part thanks to a quality knock by Guppy. And he was supposedly overlooked on the IPL auction because he can't play on the subcontinent. Yeah about that...

NZ are going great.

Meanwhile, Afghanistan have England 4/42! Nabi was on a hatrick but Root got run out the ball after!!!

I've softened on him over the years. Might have been an almighty cockhead, but he possessed rare talent and when he made good on it he'd be first-picked in a World XI. Also underrated as a leader.

But mostly I'll miss the memes.

CejlGw-W4AAeJ45.jpg

India are going to lose this. Bloody Finch and Khawaja.

India already embarrassing themselves.

I definitely thought I had lost the ability to read when I saw the Afghanistan result. Incredible. I'm so pleased for them.

The woes of being a Kiwi cricket fan continue.

Glad I didn't get up to watch it - but I did spend all night dreaming various victory scenarios. I woke up convinced we must have won.

That's underwhelming. I watched bits and pieces, I think it all went to shit after Munro got out.

Damnit Kiwi women I was relying upon you to salvage some glory for us!

And what a ride for the Windies men: lose to Afghanistan one game, storm into the final by defeating the home team the next.

I highly doubt that was a legitimate loss, to Afghanistan. Not suggesting match fixing, but they rested. Should be a great final and hopefully the Windies destroy England.

Windies needed 19 from the last over.

Enter Carlos Brathwaite.

6 6 6 6.

Game fucking over.

What an absolutely magnificent final. Well done Windies, the first ever repeat winners of the T20 world cup!

Back
Top Bottom