Official Cricket Thread Part 302

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm watching a replay of the Australia vs South Africa ODI and boy oh boy did Miller hit some great shots.

Hong Kong now have a 44 year old Ryan Chapman playing for them in the WT20, who played a couple of ODIs for Australia in the early 00s.

Last edited:
Campbell, mate. He invented the dig/ramp shot.

Cool that the World T20 has this little qualifying period that's actually part of the tournament. Goes against the ICC's penchant for being fucking idiots though. Expect Bangladesh and Zimbabwe will get through but hoping for a surprise in group b.

Here's a sentence nobody fifteen years ago would've ever expected to read: Zimbabwe today are searching for their first win against Afghanistan, and for this sudden-death qualifying game the Afghans are both favourites and in more consistent form.

Also, what a horrible way for the Dutch to be knocked out of the tournament: thanks to a washout, having only played one game so far. What a joke.

Peter Borren (their captain) is understandably upset, see the Cricinfo article.

Peter Borren (their captain) is understandably upset, see the Cricinfo article.

Yep that's what inspired my comment. It's insane that the game represents 10% of their internationals for the year. How are they meant to build a competitive and experienced team with a paucity of fixtures? Fuck the ICC is shit at growing the game.

And Afghanistan in the drivers seat here. Great stuff.

Mohammad Shahzad's antics are hilarious. Cricinfo commentary said he let out a big 'ha ha haaaa' when Sean Williams missed a shot. :lol: Add that to his enthusiasm at Mohammad Nabi getting a half century earlier.

And on the ICC thing, I think Afghanistan are making themselves impossible to ignore at the moment.

Wow what a comprehensive win. I wish I had been able to watch it. Afghanistan sure have announced themselves in the last year. I'll never forget the scenes when they defeated Scotland in the World Cup, and I hope they claim a scalp or two in the next round of this tournament.

Terrible decision by the umpire in the first over costs Guptill his wicket. And then Munro throws away his wicket in the second over. NZ need to post something close to 200 to stand a chance against this Indian batting lineup.

Well that was a total shock. NZ defended their paltry total of 126 against an in-form India in India, with considerable ease. Great start to the world cup!

Could not believe the headlines when I got up this morning. What a result! Who knew our spinners could do this?!

What a thriller of a last few overs! Was fucking off my seat.

Great start to the tournament.

Would have been nice if 9 showed more than just the Australian matches, England v. South Africa is next up.

I do love sweet sweet Foxtel Go.

I had been considering a reasonably early night too. Damn you cricket!

Oh and can we finally dispense with this nonsense of calling Faulkner "the finisher"? Only thing he's finished lately are Australia's chances of winning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom