NHL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, the Blackhawks are really doing everything in their power to be the league's villains. Extremely easy team to root against at this point.

We also totally suck ass right now. Beating up on the dregs of the league and getting blown out by good opponents isn't exactly a positive sign going forward.

But hey, 8 straight playoff appearances!

That Flyers-Capitals game last night was a very entertaining one to watch, and I say this as someone who has not derived much enjoyment from hockey this season.

Seriously, though, it was a lot of fun, and it reminded me why Philly is at the top of my list of places I would love to one day watch a hockey game.

Philly is definitely a team I want to play in the playoffs. If only to see the hometown Shane "Gots to Be Here" Gostibehere play in his home arena and be the first real NHLer to be a big deal. And none of that Dallas Eakins bullshit, I mean a real Floridian.

We're not even a lock for the playoffs so I don't want to count on anything, but this team does remind me of the 2010 Flyers a little bit. The makeup of the roster is different, but the ebb and flow of the season is very familiar.

The one thing that team didn't have was goaltending. This team has a red hot Steve Mason. The playoffs will be fun.

It's strange because I'm so used to not being in the playoffs and yet I'm still unhappy with how my team is walking ass backwards into first place. We've been begging someone to take it from us and nobody has made the claim.

Sort of like 2012. We were great in that series versus the Devils though, so that's a great sign. But, of course, we still lost. I think this year's Florida is far better though.

I'm amazed the Leafs actually managed to do something right for once.

Edmonton will win the first overall pick because of course they will but beyond that I am actually kind of pleased with how this year went all things considered.

The garbage fire in Montreal and Boston being shut out at the end also helps my mood immensely.

Voila_Capture-2015-03-24_11-31-28_AM.jpg

Hey peef, maybe you'll enjoy this...

Rumor is circulating around my group of old hockey friends that the one time we organized a community ice hockey game... one of the attendees was Shayne Gostibehere. Here's a picture... dated 2008...

1929948_14328346834_4272_n.jpg

He's the one on the white side under the guy wearing the C for their team. We didn't actually know him, he was an invite of one of my friends. We were all like 15 at the time... I remember not being able to keep up with him so I cross-checked him on his way into the offensive zone ahahahahhaha. I'm the one in the all-black in the middle on my knee without the helmet.

I cross-checked Shayne Gostibehere when he was 15!! ahahahahahaha.

I once goaded James Sheppard into two-hand slashing me in the ankle and drawing a penalty. We scored on the PP and won the game.(this guy)

I also played road hockey once with Sidney Crosby when I was 10. He's my stepsiblings' cousin on their mother's side and he and his parents came over for some dinner/bbq thing. We all played street hockey together and he was a little shithead who never passed the ball and bragged about how much better he was than anybody and how he was going to be a millionaire in the NHL some day. :|

Also, I once took a piss at the urinal next to Scotty Bowman.

I think that's all my interesting NHLer stories.

EDIT: I do have another Sidney Crosby story, but that's just one of him being a general dick.

Last edited:
DAL over MIN (5)
CHI over STL (7)
ANA over NSH (6)
SJ over LA (7)
FLA over NYI (6)
DET over TB (7)
PHI over WSH (6)
NYR over PIT (6)

CHI over DAL (6)
ANA over SJ (5)
FLA over DET (4)
NYR over PHI (6)

ANA over CHI (4)
NYR over FLA (7)

ANA over NYR (6)

DAL over MIN (5)
CHI over STL (7)
ANA over NSH (6)
SJ over LA (7)
FLA over NYI (6)
DET over TB (7)
PHI over WSH (6)
NYR over PIT (6)

CHI over DAL (6)
ANA over SJ (5)
FLA over DET (4)
NYR over PHI (6)

ANA over CHI (4)
NYR over FLA (7)

ANA over NYR (6)

Bare with my homerism I'm just excited but...

DAL 4
STL 7
ANA 6
LA 6

FLA 5
TB 6
WSH 5
NYR 7

------

DAL 6
ANA 7

FLA 4
WSH 6

------

DAL 5
FLA 7

------

FLA 6

Hey peef, maybe you'll enjoy this...

Rumor is circulating around my group of old hockey friends that the one time we organized a community ice hockey game... one of the attendees was Shayne Gostibehere. Here's a picture... dated 2008...

1929948_14328346834_4272_n.jpg

He's the one on the white side under the guy wearing the C for their team. We didn't actually know him, he was an invite of one of my friends. We were all like 15 at the time... I remember not being able to keep up with him so I cross-checked him on his way into the offensive zone ahahahahhaha. I'm the one in the all-black in the middle on my knee without the helmet.

I cross-checked Shayne Gostibehere when he was 15!! ahahahahahaha.
:up: Great story. And I completely believe that cross-checking Shayne was both the only play you could make on him and a very realistic thing to do. Even now he doesn't look like he weighs that much more than I do.
DAL over MIN (5)
CHI over STL (7)
ANA over NSH (6)
SJ over LA (7)
FLA over NYI (6)
DET over TB (7)
PHI over WSH (6)
NYR over PIT (6)

CHI over DAL (6)
ANA over SJ (5)
FLA over DET (4)
NYR over PHI (6)

ANA over CHI (4)
NYR over FLA (7)

ANA over NYR (6)
Rangers in the finals?? I can't see them getting out of the first round unless Flower gets concussed again.

I fully expect the Flyers to give Washington a great series, and if they do manage to advance, to get absolutely blown away by Pittsburgh.

:up: Great story. And I completely believe that cross-checking Shayne was both the only play you could make on him and a very realistic thing to do. Even now he doesn't look like he weighs that much more than I do.

Rangers in the finals?? I can't see them getting out of the first round unless Flower gets concussed again.

I fully expect the Flyers to give Washington a great series, and if they do manage to advance, to get absolutely blown away by Pittsburgh.

Wait, what? :lol: You mean even then?

I see Pittsburgh collapsing again, so I get the Rangers upset. But I don't see the Rangers going farther than that.

If the Caps fail so hard as to lose to the Flyers in 6, I... Actually, I don't have the slightest idea what those poor fans would do. That would be heartbreaking.

The only team I think we'll beat in a 7 game series is the Blues and that's because they're known choke artists. I don't see us getting swept by anyone though. The only series we've lost in three seasons was in a game 7 off a deflected shot in OT. This is a seasoned, talented team... That's been absolutely mediocre since February.

I guess my joke of distaste of your Canadianism was a little more subtle than I thought.

i don't even know wtf either of us is talking about anymore :huh: :hi5:

bonus to there being no canadian teams in the playoffs: i only have to sit through one unbearable national anthem per game.

i haven't watched enough hockey this year to really know, and i had to get my money pool picks in before 7:00. i haven't had any success in the years i really have paid attention, so i went on gut feeling. might as well.

the girl sitting right behind the tampa bay bench is reeeeeally cute

i don't even know wtf either of us is talking about anymore :huh: :hi5:

bonus to there being no canadian teams in the playoffs: i only have to sit through one unbearable national anthem per game.

Something about how Canadians are all related to Alex Trebek in some way shape or form, I think.

Back
Top Bottom