NHL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the Bruins will win. Just not sure how many games. Will be a tough pill to swallow for this NYer. First the BoSox, then the Pats. Now the Bruins? Damn. But, the Blues have the whole Never Won storyline, so there's that.

I'm sure Yankees fans were thrilled to see the Red Sox win one after beating up on them all those years [emoji108]

I know I cried tears of joy when the Eagles finally got over the hump

Idk you’d know more about your own rivalries than me but I view Chicago as a rivalry akin to the Yankees and the Rays. Only relevant when the Rays are doing well.

Then again, I’m not sure Chicago has a classical division rival ever since Detroit went back east. So, at that, I suppose St. Louis is it ??*♂️

Idk you’d know more about your own rivalries than me but I view Chicago as a rivalry akin to the Yankees and the Rays. Only relevant when the Rays are doing well.

Then again, I’m not sure Chicago has a classical division rival ever since Detroit went back east. So, at that, I suppose St. Louis is it ??*♂️

The Blues came into existence because the Black Hawks owners had an arena in St. Louis and wanted a team there to buy it. Plus, it was closer to Chicago than Baltimore, the other city in consideration at that time.

The Hawks/Blues rivalry has actually been very intense for the last decade and we eliminated them in the playoffs twice during that time frame. Despite falling short in the playoffs, they've been a very tough regular season opponent every year and it helps stir things up that Quenneville got us just a little further than he could take St Louis.

Putting it another way, imagine the garbage fire St Louis Cardinals fanbase getting wasted and trying to get into hockey. It's awful.

But yes, I think most Hawks fans miss Detroit being in the division. They're the big fish.

I had a friend 20+ years ago who was a huge Blues fan. First time I ever watched hockey regularly. It was when Gretzky was on the team for a spell playing with Brett Hull, and they made an impressive run until some bullshit no-call on a blatant Red Wings infraction caused them to lose a Game 7 in double overtime.

Can't believe he had to wait this long after that for an actual championship.

So now the best Baseball town (with the best Baseball team in the history in the NL, with the best baseball fans) is also the best Hockey town with the best Hockey fans. SUCK IT CHICAGO!!!!!

I'm sure Yankees fans were thrilled to see the Red Sox win one after beating up on them all those years [emoji108]

I know I cried tears of joy when the Eagles finally got over the hump

Yeah we sure cried when the Cubs finally won, it got old beating up on the Cubs for like 100 years (wow 100 years is a long time) SUCK IT CHICAGO!!!!

Boston and Chicago the two worst, I mean the worst fanbases in history, their franchises (all sports) alternated between awful and mediocre for years (I guess except the Celtics but the NBA is awful anyway). Then suddenly they have a few good years and they puff way out of control. Act like you've been there before. St Louis fans don't boo their opponents lineup, throw crap on the ice on the field. They don't leave in the 3rd period or the 7th inning. Look the Patriots Cheat, the Bruins (Broons's) are whiney little babies, to include the coach (whiner). The Cubs, wow one WS in the same time the Cards won 11. Out of all the franchises in your cities (Chicago and Boston) only the Bears have any class.

Back
Top Bottom