NHL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
literally nobody here is pissed off about this except for like 100 delusional people in quebec city.

as retro-cool as their unis were, the nordiques are never coming back (for a multitude of very good reasons) and people need to get the fuck over it.

i am definitely an angry canuck, but i'm angry at the idiot that waited until 4:55 pm on billing day to send me the expenses i've been asking him for since the 12th. :angry:

firebirds is by far the best one on that list, although it really should be thunderbirds if they're going that route.

The actual names currently under consideration...

Renegades
Totems
Evergreens
Sockeyes
Firebirds
Cougars
Emeralds
Rainiers
Sea Lions
Whales
Kraken
Seals
This list is missing one.

DYni3CVX0AAc2u-.jpg

Man, I thought for sure this season was long over. I kept watching more out of a "so you're saying there's a chance?" mindset, never thought the Hawks would crawl back in.

Im really not sure what to think of the Leafs this year. I mean, they’re good but another first round against the Bruins is not exactly filling me with much hope at this point... and if they somehow win that series they surely would face Tampa the next round.

It's kind of unfortunate (this year) the way the NHL playoffs seed now, with their attempt to get back to division play in the playoffs a few years back that the winner of Bruins/Leafs will have to play a 120+ point TB in the 2nd round, but it is what it is. Likely the Bruins will finish with 2nd most points in east (possibly 2nd in league) and in any other sport would avoid Tampa till the conference finals should they advance that far, but not the good old NHL.

TB def CBJ (5)
BOS def TOR (6)
WAS def CAR (6)
PIT def NYI (7)

CGY def COL (4)
SJ def VGK (7)
NAS def DAL (5)
WPG def STL (7)

TB def BOS (6)
WAS def PIT (7)

CGY def SJ (4)
WPG def NAS (6)