NHL 2014-2015 Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Elated to have Jaromir Jagr on our team, but sadly I don't see him changing the fact that we are offensively one of the saddest, most inept teams ever.

One anchor finally cut loose, how many left to go?

I find it amazing/awesome that Jagr still gets that kind of trade value at the age of 43.

I'm by no means opposed to giving away picks at this point for the Panthers... I just wish we were picking in the second round for a draft that's 1) really good and 2) I would like to attend.

April 2014
Six years, $30 million for Andrew fucking MacDonald.
July 2014
Amaro's Worst Moves, Ranked
1. Ryan Howard Extension
2. Four Prospects for Hunter Pence
3. Cliff Lee to Seattle for Nothing
4. Jonathan Papelbon Contract
5. Andrew MacDonald Contract*

*This is required by law to be listed in every bad move ranking in every sport for the rest of time.
September 2014
Andrew MacDonald bankrupted my business and burned all of my friends' houses down.

Yeah no, he and I were arguing over Bolland, Andy, and Clarkson.

Two teams are highly jealous of Toronto right now. Though, I don't think I'd be okay with bringing Nathan Horton back. Even if his career is already over. I hate him. So much.

Love Kimmo but that is an amazing haul for him. This market for defensemen is perfect for the Flyers. They should be able to get something good for Coburn.

Coburn's a good player. He's gotten a Matt Carle-like, undeserved reputation for being the problem on defense when the real problem is guys like Nick Grossmann and Andrew MacDonald.

Fortunately, most other teams know this, and Coburn should be able to fetch a first. Unless of course the Flyers use Coburn to ship off a bad contract like Vinny Lecavalier's, which is fine too.

A first, a third, and another third pairing defenseman for Coburn? I'll take it. I'm still furious about the Schultz extension and the Hartnell trade, but Hextall has otherwise shown himself to be a definitive step up from Paul Holmgren. Low(est) bar, sure, but you take what you can get.

I'll be honest, the Coburn trade was a good one. From what I've heard, Gudas is a player who has some potential, aside from the -5 and 34 PIMs he's racked up.

I'll be honest, the Coburn trade was a good one. From what I've heard, Gudas is a player who has some potential, aside from the -5 and 34 PIMs he's racked up.
Gudas seems like a cheap fringe third pairing guy which is, while a significant improvement on their normal expensive fringe third pairing guy, not much in my view. Let him play out his contract and walk.

Watching the Flyers and the Senators be sellers pretty much put the East race for 8, on paper, between Florida and Boston. Given that we got a huge morale boost by bringing in a legend for some 20 year olds to play with... we are in a very good position. You can just see how excited they are in between plays or in interviews. There are very few times where I would defend the 'x factor' and intangibles and blah blah blah... but this is one of those cases where it's pretty apparent that it has got them going.

2001, 1999, and 2011, yes. And all featured those 'stupid plastic rats.'

That's an...odd chronology, but ok. It was an honest question, I couldn't recall seeing them in the postseason since Krupp put one past the Beezer.

And those rats were really cool to me when they were running through the playoffs when I was 9 years old, but ever since I was a teenager I thought that was one of the more ridiculous "fan crazes" I've ever seen.

I only appreciate them if they're where they're from... the playoffs. Throwing them on the ice for a last place team diminishes the value/purpose.

And yeah sorry, I forgot about 99 or some year around then, so I just randomly stuck it in the list. Three or four playoff appearances, I was too young to remember anything before 2001.

Interesting side note about the trade deadline: NHL Gamecenter put out an article from NHL.com with a title somewhere along the lines of "Red Wings add (I forgot who), Blues respond by adding Michalek." I think the NHL forgot that these two teams are no longer in the same division, let alone conference. It was no response.

zikw1v41gtkryzzlshdm.jpg

Elfa's tweet wins deadline day in Canada.

I only appreciate them if they're where they're from... the playoffs. Throwing them on the ice for a last place team diminishes the value/purpose.

And yeah sorry, I forgot about 99 or some year around then, so I just randomly stuck it in the list. Three or four playoff appearances, I was too young to remember anything before 2001.

Interesting side note about the trade deadline: NHL Gamecenter put out an article from NHL.com with a title somewhere along the lines of "Red Wings add (I forgot who), Blues respond by adding Michalek." I think the NHL forgot that these two teams are no longer in the same division, let alone conference. It was no response.

:lol: don't apologize, it was amusing.

That was a very interesting Leafs-Panthers game, to say the least.

Yeah down goes Luongo, in comes Montoya. Down goes Montoya. In comes... Upshall? Pads probably didn't fit. Out comes Upshall. In comes MacKenzie? In comes Luongo in street clothes. On second thought, let's just sign our goalie coach to a one day contract in the middle of the game. In comes Rob Tallas? Yes! Just kidding. In comes Montoya. With Tallas dressed. Out goes new Florida Panther Rob Tallas. Out comes Montoya. In comes Tallas? Nah. In comes Luongo.

Oh, and Bjugstad just gets randomly hit in the face by the puck off a pass. Can we be momentarily scared any more during one game?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom