NHL 2014-2015 Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Leafs are infuriatingly inconsistent - they're playing pretty well against the Red Wings now, a couple of days ago they were losing by baseball scores. They're a decent enough team on paper that they should be playing better than they are. I don't think Randy Carlyle is the coach to lead this team to great things, but I also don't believe in changing horses midstream either unless things get truly hopeless.

And this "saluting the fans" thing is stupid. Who cares? Hockey players are a superstitious lot. This is no different than the playoff beard, or the goalie hopping over the lines on his way out to the net before the game starts. Phaneuf might as well have stood at centre ice and given the crowd the finger the way some people are taking this.

Blackhawks had a really rough stretch there and the injuries looked to be a major setback, but they actually seem to be playing better without many of their starters. They've won 6 out of the last 8 and absolutely destroyed Edmonton tonight. Even Hossa had some relief after a terrible scoring drought.

The Rangers could have won the Cup last year with a little help:

B3PLwOoIUAAFcqk.jpg:large

Speaking of revered, Hall of Fame players, here's Toronto Maple Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier on one of the greatest hockey icons, Nelson Mandela. Oh....wait.

“He is one of the most known athletes in the world and a lot of impact in any kind of sport that he did. Even playing hockey, everyone knows him. From being the type of person he was off the ice and on the ice. But you know he changed a lot while he was with us. He’s a tremendous guy.”

Hey, all. In case any of you haven't seen it, here is yesterday's pre-game tribute to the great Jean Beliveau. It's hard to put into words what this man has meant to Montreal, the province of Quebec, and Canada, but you'll get an idea by watching this tribute. That moment of silence was something else. One of the best ceremonies I've ever seen--simple, elegant, yet understated.

Also, throughout the entire game, the Habs didn't play any loud music during breaks--it was all organ music. And they announced the attendance as 21,286, one short of a sellout.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ME_lVe9s3js

Panthers go six rounds against Philly in the shootout a game after going 20 against Washington.

13 out of 30 Panther games have gone to OT.

The team has almost as many wins as total losses (OTL included).

The young talent, namely Bjugstad and Ekblad, are performing like stars at an incredibly young age.

What freaking team am I watching? Is this real life?

Back
Top Bottom