NHL 2008-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawks win! I should be going for the Wings, based on local content, but I'd love for this to turn into a great series...

Just a brutal call on Kronwald in last night's game. 5 for interference? What's next, major penalties for hooking? Memo to refs - the NHL allows checking, it's not against the rules. I still want the Hawks to win, but that was terrible.

Just a brutal call on Kronwald in last night's game. 5 for interference? What's next, major penalties for hooking? Memo to refs - the NHL allows checking, it's not against the rules. I still want the Hawks to win, but that was terrible.

Interference because Havlat didn't touch the puck, and the five minutes and game misconduct because they deemed it intent to injure. Not saying it was the correct call, but it was borderline.

Interference because Havlat didn't touch the puck, and the five minutes and game misconduct because they deemed it intent to injure. Not saying it was the correct call, but it was borderline.

Yeah I know that's how they came up with the call, but I think it's pretty weak. I don't think Havlat ever touched the puck, but he was trying to play it and it kind of jumped on him, the whole reason he got drilled in the first place is he's looking down at the puck. But there was no initial call...the officials spent 10 minutes looking at Havlat down, put their heads together, and came up with a call.

Shucks. At least we fought hard tonight as opposed to Game 4 when we played like a bunch of idiots. And yeah BoMac I look forward to next year... but these Finals should be pretty intense, too.

I'm gonna predict another cup for the Wings, but who knows?

GAME 2! :rockon:

So many questions! Can Pittsburgh bounce back? Will the Wings be fatigued? Just what the hell is Don Cherry wearing?

:cheer::yippie::cheer:

id love to see the series start at pittsburgh for once. they get a huuuge advantage playing at home the first 2 games. :mad:

i think the pens will kick ass this on tues. they get pumped at home.

Jacques Martin in, goaltender coach Roland Melanson out and no word on assistants Kirk Muller, Doug Jarvis and Don Lever. However, according to radio reports Mario Tremblay will be brought in as an assistant, with Jacques Lemaire as a special advisor.

That's it. I can't take it anymore. While I hope to be proven wrong, these choices are very uninspiring and it's back to the 'old boys club' mentality. When teams around the league are hiring young, enthusiastic, hungry coaches with new ideas (Boudreau, DeBoer, McLellan, Clouston, Bylsma) and positive results, I was hoping that the Canadiens would go the same route.

BUT NO. The team sees fit to pander to the French media and hire a bilingual coach. Why? Why would you reduce the talent pool by only looking at one type of coach? Other rumoured candidates were Marc Crawford and Bob Hartley—both bilingual. Why not try and get the best available coach?

I've had it. Can't stand it anymore. :sad:

You're starting to sound like a Leafs fan. Does this mean you are going to change your avatar?

Not a chance. I'm still a fan and always will be. But I still reserve the right to be critical, irrational, and unrealistic....

:wink:

COOL! Double post, first time that's ever happened to me...

You REALLY need to get out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom