NHL 2008-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been following the Bruins series at all...even though there's a great local player on the team.

Crosby was awesome last night for the Pens...he's impressing me.

Ovechkin seemed out of sorts tonight...

Probably feeling bad for that Knee on Knee on Gonchar :tsk: That was not very clean...

I agree with you on Crosby though, as much as he is a giant douche allegedly you can't deny his talent as a hockey player...

Good to see the Bruins waking up finally, I wonder if it's too late though...

Hell yes. That was a show tonight on the West Side of Chicago. PK with the hat trick. A beautiful thing. Hard to believe the Blackhawks are in the final four of the Stanley Cup playoffs. I'm not used to the feeling. Can't wait for the next series to get goin. Bring that shit on...Red Wings or Ducks, it don't matter.

:heart:

Well, I was really hoping Vancouver would come out of the west. But since the Hawks won, now I'm hoping it's the Hawks.

Nice win for the Caps in a sloppy game...hoping for a B's win tonight and a couple of epic game 7's ending in home team wins.

I watched the third period of that game, Chicago is unbelievable... If they don't burn out in the next round I have a feeling this could be their year.

There's two ways I see this team going: First, they're probably the closest team, in terms of young , burgeoning stars, to the Oilers of the 80s. If this is not their year, their time will come in the very near future, and probably quite often.

Secondly, their youth may work against them. They're young, brash, and cocky. If they make it to the final, they may take it for granted, and it may be a while before they learn their lessons and make another deep playoff run.

that final goal by Kane for the hat trick was insane, it just looked so effortless...

This.

We all went friggin insane when he made that third goal. Unbelievable.

Also, I gotta say, I love BoMac's comparing us to the 80's Oilers...makes me happy. If the Blackhawks run is anywhere even close to that Oilers' run it will be a beautiful time to be alive in Chicago.

all these game 7's makes for a good post season so far. I want to see Boston in the Eastern Final but I don't really care if it's Washington or Pittsburgh. Same goes for Anaheim or Detroit although I will say that I hate Anaheim more so there is that...

I'm hoping for Boston, DC, and Anaheim. I don't like Anaheim or Detroit, but I always pull for the underdog.

Tonight's game should be fan-fucking-tastic, I cannot wait!

I'm always thinking in terms of what would be good for the game, and I think a Chicago-Detroit conference final would be excellent, as would a series between Boston and either the Caps or Pens.

just one comment, this has got to be one of the best Stanley Cup Playoff's in recent history.....

my grandpa played for the Leafs, Red Wings, and Blackhawks

I'm seriously thrilled over the Wings/Hawks. I don't think we've seen an Original Six conf final since the mid-90's. :cheer:

And if they beat the Wings then I definitely would love to see Chicago win it all. Usually I wish death or horrible curses on teams who beat my teams, but I've always liked Chicago, even when I hated them. Does that make sense?

I'm seriously thrilled over the Wings/Hawks. I don't think we've seen an Original Six conf final since the mid-90's. :cheer:

Yeah, it's awesome. And it's not only two Original Six teams, it's two Original Six teams that are HUUUUGE rivals and hate each other. Shit could get nasty on the ice. I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom