NHL 2008-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited cause I'm bringing my daughter to her first Islanders game tonight. :cute: I'm curious to see what she does. My guess is that after saying "hockey" for 10 minutes, she'll want to leave.

How was it?

I may try to go to the Islanders game on Saturday night. I may have a way of pulling off a freebie. If this is the case, I may just tire myself out by saying hockey for ten minutes.

It was good. he first period she was kinda freaked out, and the second period she was jumping around. She actually enjoyed the race between the hot dog, french fries and Sparky the Dragon and the zambonies more than the hockey. It was fun.

She actually enjoyed the race between the hot dog, french fries and Sparky the Dragon and the zambonies more than the hockey. It was fun.

Well, considering we are talking about the Islanders, I can see how the racing hot dog, fries, Sparky and the zambonies are more entertaining. :sexywink:

I am headed to the game tonight. Should be fun.

Sweet game.

Flyers score 3 in the third to take the lead then give up a goal to send it into OT.

So, I got to see five fights, my first shoot out, Four Flyers in the penalty box and a good crowd at the coliseum.

^ That was an odd game, fights and penalties the first 2 periods but settled right down to hockey in the 3rd.

Big win for the Flyers to stay ahead of Carolina for 4th. I think they're pretty assured of 4th with the games in hand but you don't want to fall behind.

^ That was an odd game, fights and penalties the first 2 periods but settled right down to hockey in the 3rd.

Big win for the Flyers to stay ahead of Carolina for 4th. I think they're pretty assured of 4th with the games in hand but you don't want to fall behind.

The challenge for the Flyers is having far more games than anyone else down the stretch. A loss to Boston tonight doesn't help...and then have two trips up to Canada in one week.

It should be a fun two weeks.

The challenge for the Flyers is having far more games than anyone else down the stretch. A loss to Boston tonight doesn't help...and then have two trips up to Canada in one week.

It should be a fun two weeks.

Yeah, games in hand are nice but it makes for a tired club heading into the postseason.

The NHL wants to ban this?

Note the playing of Sunday Bloody Sunday over the PA as it's breaking up. :up:

I just don't see how this is productive for the sport.

The five fights I saw Saturday night looked a bit contrived. I just don't get it.

Basketball can be just as physical with the speed and size that the NBA and NCAA players are, yet, you do not see random fistfights break out every game.

I love the speed and the skill of the game, as well as the physical aspect (the hitting). I just don't think you need the brutality.

From watching University games I understand why you have fighting in hockey.
There is so much more chippy stick work when there is no fighting because nobody is accountable.

That said, I'm not a fan of fighting. I don't think it should be outlawed.
I think the way to handle both issues (fighting and stickwork) is to enforce penalties harder for stuff like fights or cheap shots.

Huge puck fan here!

I'm sooo happy that my boys, the Blue Jackets, will finally play in the post season! :hyper: It's been such a long, emotional roller coaster. I've sat through so many stinkers at Nationwide...:crack:

I've been to a few play-off games in Raleigh & Nashville and the folks in Columbus have no idea playoff hockey is all about. Nationwide will be rocking! I can't wait! :applaud:

Yay for the postseason!

The papers up in Cbus are saying that the Jackets are definately in, but a lot of us fans won't really believe it until after the last game versus the Mild.

Although I think once we're in, we've got a good chance to surprise a lot of teams... :macdevil:

The fact that this just came from a Blue Jackets fan astounds me. I don't know whether to laugh or wail in despair.

Ironically Dave....ladyhawke at least is speaking of her (?) HOMETOWN team...and she (again,?) has probably been a fan of the BJs as long as you have been a fan of the Phillies.

So...yeah. Who are you to judge via a desperate wail or a laugh.

I went to a Jackets game this year and was underwhelmed by the local crowd (minus the ladies we were sitting by that TRULY knew what was going on). I did like the civil war cannon that was shot after each goal. BOOM goes the dynamite.

Excuse me? It doesn't matter if the roller coaster ride was 8 years or 20 years. I've been a Jackets fan since their inception through the highs and the lows. We stick with them even if they have been sucking the big one year after year after year. Just feels a little sweeter when we do finally make it it.

Yes, the Jackets are my hometown team and yes I happen to be a 'she'. I'm not one of those floozies/puck bunnies that I see at the rink whose only thing is getting into the guys' pants. I, along with my other girlfriends happen to know what the hell is going on down on the ice.

And yes the cannon rocks at Nationwide! We need more cannon! :wink:

Ironically Dave....ladyhawke at least is speaking of her (?) HOMETOWN team...and she (again,?) has probably been a fan of the BJs as long as you have been a fan of the Phillies.

So...yeah. Who are you to judge via a desperate wail or a laugh.

I went to a Jackets game this year and was underwhelmed by the local crowd (minus the ladies we were sitting by that TRULY knew what was going on). I did like the civil war cannon that was shot after each goal. BOOM goes the dynamite.

:huh:

Excuse me? It doesn't matter if the roller coaster ride was 8 years or 20 years. I've been a Jackets fan since their inception through the highs and the lows. We stick with them even if they have been sucking the big one year after year after year. Just feels a little sweeter when we do finally make it it.

Yes, the Jackets are my hometown team and yes I happen to be a 'she'. I'm not one of those floozies/puck bunnies that I see at the rink whose only thing is getting into the guys' pants. I, along with my other girlfriends happen to know what the hell is going on down on the ice.

:shrug:

Enjoy the playoffs. :hi5:

Yep. Being a fan from the inception counts, as a few of my local "long term" Jacksonville Jags fans can boast. Plus the BJ's are an expansion team...now if you talk about being a long-term fan of a relocated team you lose me. Luckily we have no Carolina fans in here...as a Whalers fan when I hear the word Caniac I want to gag.

Ric Nash in the playoffs is a good thing, that guy is long overdue for some national exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom