NHL 2008-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am absolutely disgusted that the Leafs used Desire in the video to honour Doug Gilmour prior to his jersey retirement. They took a good song and ruined it for me. :barf: :down:

:wink:

Aw c'mon, who doesn't like Dougie Gilmour? Don Cherry's been angling to have Doug's babies or 20 years now.

I mean, it's not like using "Desire" for Alexei Kovalev or something. :wink:

Actually, speaking of Kovalev, check this out...

Stone hands...or not

I am absolutely disgusted that the Leafs used Desire in the video to honour Doug Gilmour prior to his jersey retirement. They took a good song and ruined it for me. :barf: :down:

:wink:

Well, they couldn't use "Fix You"... but then, who would want to? Oh wait... :wink:

Three game win streak. Watch them blow the draft pick...:|

Sounds like they are copying the Leafs...

lol. Even when they win, they lose. Unreal. I'll say this, they put those 3 kids (Okposo, Comeau and Bailey) on a line and they've been dominating. I hope they can keep that going for a few years.

Ahh, I remember the days when the Canucks had Mogilny. He wasn't half bad back then. I haven't heard of him in eons, though.

I'm hoping that tonight the Canucks will be able to pull their heads out of their asses, and not lose for the 9th time in a row (or 10th time in a row at home). Nothing to do but laugh at this point. It's quite comical. :lol:

Actually, speaking of Kovalev, check this out...
Stone hands...or not

That guy's unbelievably skilled. :up: I try to do my own version of this in the Walmart sporting goods aisle on occasion. Not quite the same.

Anyone hear about the Sens firing their coach? I'm a diehard fan (haha yeah I know they suck this year):sad:

There's a guy at work who is friends with him...he's been very quiet lately. :wink: The Sens lost again last night, even after the change. Yikes.

Not if you're a Habs fan :sad:

Congrats on tonight's superb win Thora :applaud:
Sundin has 7 points in last 3 games. Not bad...:wink:
No seriously, I really enjoy the Kessler-Sundin-Demitra line :up:

I missed the game last night, as I was in Seattle, and of course they don't show the games there. :lol: Figures that I'd miss an awesome game like that! Oh well. :D

That's 2 in a row no? And the Hawks are a good club too, impressive.

Good weekend for the Flyers, 2 W's. Would be nice if Jersey would cool off a little, they're playing better without Brodeur than they did when he was playing.

That's 2 in a row no? And the Hawks are a good club too, impressive.

Yup. It's certainly a hell of a lot better than the horrible losing streak they were on earlier. Sounds like it was a fantastic game - I'll have to see if I can find a replay to watch somewhere.

It was a much better game than the score showed. The Habs were controlling most of the second period, and most of the third period was pretty even. But when the Canadiens sucked (the entire first period and part of the third), they looked like a peewee house team. A couple of the goals were definitely on Price, though.

I was shocked at how open the scalping is at the Bell Centre (although it was my first NHL game, so it might not just be Montreal). We had four tickets in minutes, and if we had been looking for pairs it would have been seconds. I was approached the second I stepped off the subway (about a 5-10 minute walk from the stadium). Anyways, we paid $150 each for four seats in the first row of the blue section. Good view, and a good mix of Leafs and Habs fans in our section to provide extra entertainment. It was definitely the highlight of my weekend in the city. :up:

I ran into Georges St. Pierre at the game, too. He's a lot bigger than he looks on TV :yikes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom