NFL Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
because, while he can still be a solid NFL quarterback - he's not tom brady anymore, he was decidedly middle of the road this year, and it might be a good idea if he gets out while he can walk and has his marbles in tact.

it's obviously his call - but he has absolutely ZERO left to prove to anyone and has zero need for the cash - so hopefully there's someone around him who can talk some sense into him before he leaves the game in the back of an ambulance.

and has zero need for the cash .

46eab3c701c94ab0b5beb2774c489589_md.jpg

He was middle of the road more because of the team around him, which was ravaged by injuries. I really didn’t see much drop off in him.

So fuck it, if he wants to keep playing, who gives a shit.

I’m all for him playing until the wheels fall off in spectacular fashion. Someone is going to pay him until he starts missing the playoffs.

Brady should sign with a team that is a QB away from getting to the playoffs. Brady needs a better cast around him. It ain't the Bucs. A lot of dropped passes. A lot of routes being run wrong. The offensive line sucks. Plus, like every team, they got nailed with the injury bug. I think Brady should go to LA and play for the Rams. Florida is God's waiting room. LA is practically the Devil's playground. :wink:

Agreed. He’s not in endstage Peyton “team drags me across the finish line” condition yet. No reason to think he won’t be in the postseason next year with the right folks around him.

Honestly, I think his receivers kinda suck. Granted, he has lost a few steps - Brady of the past makes stars out of garbage receivers.

I think the biggest issue was the O-line. He ended up kind of shell shocked as the year progressed and was bailing out on some throws because he thought he was going to get trucked.

As for the Rams...that isn't happening as they have Stafford.
If it's a new team it's one of Raiders, Dolphins or 49ers. Titans are also a long shot possibility.
There are connections with each of those teams and each could justify going after him.

Don't think a team is going to give the Packers anywhere near what some folks think/want for Wroggers and that contract.
Seen speculation that a few teams would give up 2 firsts plus some added capital. That's not happening.

Don't think a team is going to give the Packers anywhere near what some folks think/want for Wroggers and that contract.
Seen speculation that a few teams would give up 2 firsts plus some added capital. That's not happening.

You’d be surprised what teams will give up for a name like Rodgers.

You’d be surprised what teams will give up for a name like Rodgers.

I think the Russell Wilson fiasco in Denver will temper the market for Rodgers.

But you just need one stupid team, and there is a very stupid one in New Jersey and an even more stupid one in Nevada (where Larry is not on board), so maybe.

I think the Russell Wilson fiasco in Denver will temper the market for Rodgers.

But you just need one stupid team, and there is a very stupid one in New Jersey and an even more stupid one in Nevada (where Larry is not on board), so maybe.

Haha yep, my personal feeling is that Rodgers can still be good, and there were still flashes of greatness this year but unfortunately they were sandwiched between a lot of bad reads and throws. Add his refusal to actually run the offense and instead play hero ball, I will be furious if he's the Packers QB in 2023. Jordan Love may never be a Top 5 QB but I think he has enough talent to run this offense and be a contender.

And yep, only takes 1 team to say "oh this move would sell a lot of tickets!"

Cautiously optimistic that the Giants will be able to take advantage of early Philly rust and hold off the inevitable late charge.

Alas - could also get blown the fuck out.

Didn't expect to even be in the playoffs this year so it's house money either way.

Joe Judge should never get another job again.

Cautiously optimistic that the Giants will be able to take advantage of early Philly rust and hold off the inevitable late charge.

Alas - could also get blown the fuck out.

Didn't expect to even be in the playoffs this year so it's house money either way.

Joe Judge should never get another job again.

I'm struggling with this game. Philly could either be really rusty or pull off an '09 Saints and cruise to a Super Bowl after looking awful late in the regular season.

Back
Top Bottom