NFL Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was just reading up about this bloke, and watched the videos - actually sickening.

Am I to understand that after that incident in the Bills game - where he almost collapses after getting up - he was cleared to play FOUR days later?!?! And then got concussed again? The way his fingers went, truly horrifying. And then he was concussed AGAIN on Christmas Day?????? What the fuck is going on?

The AFL over here has taken concussions super seriously in the last few years, thank goodness. Our rule is that if a player is even suspected of a concussion, he is subbed out of the game, and if he does suffer a concussion, of any level, he cannot return to the sport for at least 12 days.

So how can Tua be allowed to play and play and play again after the horrific injuries?

i've heard a theory that after his major hip injury in college, when he returned to play he would try to avoid falling on his side to avoid reinjuring himself. over time, that developed into a subconscious habit of regularly falling straight on his back instead, which of course increases the risk of hitting the back of his head on the turf.

whether that's the case or not, if he intends to come back next season, he would really benefit from some offseason training on how to fall with minimal risk. stuntmen, military, wrestlers/fighters, there's loads of interesting ways for him to learn it in a brief offseason course. i hope for his sake someone in his or the dolphins' camp is wise enough to point him in that direction if he's going to keep putting his brain at risk with more football.

Added to the Dolphins injured list is Raheem Mostert, he's out on Sunday. In the last game against the Bills in Buffalo, he ran for 136 yards, 8.0 YPC.

Was just reading up about this bloke, and watched the videos - actually sickening.

Am I to understand that after that incident in the Bills game - where he almost collapses after getting up - he was cleared to play FOUR days later?!?! And then got concussed again? The way his fingers went, truly horrifying. And then he was concussed AGAIN on Christmas Day?????? What the fuck is going on?

The AFL over here has taken concussions super seriously in the last few years, thank goodness. Our rule is that if a player is even suspected of a concussion, he is subbed out of the game, and if he does suffer a concussion, of any level, he cannot return to the sport for at least 12 days.

So how can Tua be allowed to play and play and play again after the horrific injuries?
For the incident in the Bills game, he wasn't just cleared to play four days later ... he was cleared to return to that same game. He briefly went out and then returned to the game after the halftime break. They claimed the almost-collapse was related to a back injury and not a head injury. So he was never diagnosed with a concussion at all, and didn't even need to be cleared for the game four days later because they said it was only his back. Then, when he got concussed in that game, afterwards everyone pointed out that they were full of shit, and they fired the doctor who cleared him to return against Buffalo.

That's sickening. These are people's lives we're talking about. I know players always want to go back out as soon as possible, but that's precisely why we need strong doctors to go "you're not fucking playing", or you'll be dead at 40.

Boy was Slayton let off the hook. The refs too but I’m thinking they called it for the hand hitting the helmet.

Other than a series in the first half where Daniels ran for a first down, clearly gassed, only to have his number called on a designed run that got him smashed into a DL…..a great game plan by the Giants

And fitting that the game ends on a pass to a Iowa TE well below the marker. That happens 500x a Saturday for the Ferentz’s

Good games this weekend.

Go 49ers

Injuries aside the Dolphins still could've (should've?) won. That clock management... yikes. 4th and 1, call a sneak.

I know he's a 3rd stringer but Thompson needed to scramble. He also failed to see Tyreek a few times. He's fast- throw it towards him. Oh well - it was entertaining. They clearly have a ton of pressure to win in the playoffs for next season.

Boy was Slayton let off the hook. The refs too but I’m thinking they called it for the hand hitting the helmet.

no kidding.

Slayton had an easy first down, and really only had one guy to beat for a possible game sealing touchdown. Alas...

That roughing the passer call though... oh my god. It was absolutely horrific. Thankfully it didn't change the outcome - but if Minnesota would have scored on that drive there would be a huge outcry to allow for review of roughing the passer penalties. And with the way they're doing the expedited reviews - it would have been very easy and very quick to overturn.

Cousins was wrapped up and going to the ground before the ball was out of his hand, and there wasn't any over the top throwing of him to the ground or anything like that. How on earth that was a roughing the passer penalty i do not know. Just awful.

Thankfully Cousins gonna Cousins.

I was dying to bet against Minnesota no matter who they played - that it happened to be the Giants only made it sweeter.

13-4 record with a negative point differential. Come on man.

Yeah biggest pretenders in recent history (aside from the perennial NFC East champion on many years).

Still thought they’d whoop the giants, but didn’t think they’d go any further.

Curious what team he’ll be with next year bc I find it hard to believe he retired on this finish. Jets would be worth it for the LOLs

good god would he please just go away

GlossyLimpingHackee-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom