NFL Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anecdotal for me as well, but I'm so tired of hearing about Rodgers' greatness from the pundits that seeing him lose, especially to an underdog, is welcome. Same goes for Brady.

Brady blowing up his personal life for this Bucs team is something.

i have a dilemma in my other fantasy league and would like some opinions please.

i have chubb and taylor locked in at RB but can't decide on my FLEX - should i start travis etienne (vs denver) or dameon pierce (vs tenn)?

etienne is trending upwards right now, but pierce has been more consistent over the last few weeks. hence why i'm having a hard time deciding. it's a money league with a huge payout and i'm in first place so i gotta make the right call.

etienne is trending upwards right now, but pierce has been more consistent over the last few weeks. hence why i'm having a hard time deciding. it's a money league with a huge payout and i'm in first place so i gotta make the right call.

If the rest of your roster is really strong, then I always like having a consistent Flex player. If you're playing a team where you think you're going to need your flex player to put up a huge week and it's well worth the risk, then go with the less consistent option.

yeah the rest of my team is pretty killer - jalen hurts, tyreek hill, aj brown, those two stud rb's, and ertz are the main core, plus a pretty deep bench. and robbie gould has been kicking a shit load of field goals lately with the qb play in san fran.

i was 6-0 until this week when i finally got my first loss, both because the eagles were on a bye and the guy i was up against had joe burrow and josh jacobs. i should hopefully be in the mix to win it all at the end, provided my guys stay healthy.

you make a very good point about needing the flex guy to put up big numbers. the team i'm against this coming week is pretty weak so i think i'm gonna go with pierce.

yeah the rest of my team is pretty killer - jalen hurts, tyreek hill, aj brown, those two stud rb's, and ertz are the main core, plus a pretty deep bench. and robbie gould has been kicking a shit load of field goals lately with the qb play in san fran.

i was 6-0 until this week when i finally got my first loss, both because the eagles were on a bye and the guy i was up against had joe burrow and josh jacobs. i should hopefully be in the mix to win it all at the end, provided my guys stay healthy.

you make a very good point about needing the flex guy to put up big numbers. the team i'm against this coming week is pretty weak so i think i'm gonna go with pierce.

Hell yeah, that's a good roster. At the end of the day, when I make my final roster decisions, I go with the least risk possible. Doesn't always work out but most of the time, that strategy pays off.

The eagles are 7-0 and have played arguably the most laughable schedule across 7 games.

What’s scarier though is their schedule forward is equally laughable. Maybe 1-2 tough teams. I’d the Eagles are genuinely decent as they’re showing, they really only have to be underdogs like once or twice.

The eagles are 7-0 and have played arguably the most laughable schedule across 7 games.

What’s scarier though is their schedule forward is equally laughable. Maybe 1-2 tough teams. I’d the Eagles are genuinely decent as they’re showing, they really only have to be underdogs like once or twice.
Yeah, I made note of their easy schedule after week 3:
Eagles have a pretty favorable schedule too.
Biggest road tests appear to be at AZ and at Indy (plus at DAL is iate Dec so Dak should be back)
Home tests are Tenn and GB.
Could easily get the bye if they continue playing like the first 3 weeks. Big if of course.

And the games at Indy and home to GB don't look like such big tests anymore. They already took care of at AZ. Tennessee looks less imposing with their QB situation. Honestly, I think at Dallas is the only time they'll be an underdog if they stay healthy.
They have a shot at 17-0. I doubt it happens, but it's far from unrealistic.

And the games at Indy and home to GB don't look like such big tests anymore. They already took care of at AZ. Tennessee looks less imposing with their QB situation. Honestly, I think at Dallas is the only time they'll be an underdog if they stay healthy.

Agreed. It’s the worst team capable of going undefeated I think we’ve ever seen (not to say they’re bad) but it’s crazy how the stars have aligned.

Also, Dallas with Dak kinda still looks like hot garbage, but apparently the secret to getting out of the trash can was benching Zeke.

, but apparently the secret to getting out of the trash can was benching Zeke.

maxresdefault.jpg

what is this soft and easy schedule featuring teams that were supposed to be good but now aren't of which you speak?

Dear Dan Snyder,

Good fucking riddance you soulless Napoleon complex-having, cheerleader-creeping, journalist-suing pile of garbage propped up to look vaguely humanoid. I spent decades suffering at the hands of your horrible ownership. I emotionally hedge all sports, no matter how good the team I support is, because 20+ years of Washington football fandom taught me to expect the worst. Because the football I've been subjected to my whole life has already been as terrible as it gets, the only disappointment that can really come out of this for me is if you don't spend time in prison. Fuck you, Dan.

Sincerely,

ElMel

P.S. You looked like a dipshit at the name reveal and I hope your wife went home with that mannequin.

ap22033521957561_wide-0754d97b32e7d81b887f849eab2baad1431cd4e2-s1400-c100.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom