NFL Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Giants can beat the Eagles, but it will be tough. They're healthier than they were in Week 14, and the Eagles are more injured, which helps. Their pass rush has to get home and make Hurts really think about that shoulder. And Lane Johnson playing with a torn abductor could be a big factor. Offensively, the Giants should lean on the run and have Jones scramble when possible. Both teams will want to take advantage of the other team being very weak at linebacker. Ultimately, I think the Eagles win because they're just more talented. Dallas Goeddert is a really bad mismatch for New York's linebackers. He missed the Week 14 game in New York, so we haven't really seen the Eagles attempt to attack with him against this defense. Just too many weapons on Philly's side. And Miles Sanders should be healthier than he was for the last few weeks, which will help because the run game really can take the teeth out of some of that Giants blitz if it's effective.

As for the other games, I think Dallas-San Fran can be a really good game. Dallas is flawed defensively, but they're playing Brock Purdy, and the Cowboys will put more consistent pressure on the Niners defense than they've seen recently. Should be one to watch. Either team will be a very tough test in the NFC title game for whoever emerges from the game in Philly.

In the AFC, as much as I love Dougie P, I think KC takes care of business at home. The drama could come in late for the gamblers, but I just don't see Jacksonville having what it takes to win on the road. The other game is more interesting to me. Cincy's figured out how to navigate this year's annual Weak Offensive Line, but you can't totally count out Buffalo at home even if they've looked very vulnerable as the season has worn on. I also predict that the second Buffalo is knocked out of the playoffs, we find out that Josh Allen needs some kind of surgery.

My best guess is that your winners are: Kansas City, Philadelphia, Cincinnati, San Francisco.

Last edited:
If the Giants at least keep it close, I can tolerate the loss.

If they win, I may be insufferable for a solid 24-48 hours.

There's zero doubt that the Eagles are the more talented team. But there's something to be said for peaking late, and there's a definite question mark surrounding Hurts' health.

Hockenson absolutely killed us last week, and no doubt Philly saw that. Godert must be salivating.

I think Daboll purposefully held Jones back from running during the regular season, but has now opened up the floor gates and unleashed Vanilla Vick on the world.

The public money has been going hard on the Giants +7.5 so Vegas will take a bath if they cover.

I do think it'll be close. Philly probably wins, but the Giants have some moxy to them currently that I haven't seen in a long long time with this franchise. They certainly won't be scared of the moment.

Think it comes down to Hurts. If he's healthy, and playing at his peak? Philly's gonna win this and probably cover. If he's not 100%, or is rusty? It's anyone's game.

fox is playing CSNY songs going to commercial as an obvious attempt at a tribute to david crosby, but so far they've only played songs written by young and stills lol.

Jalen Not That Hurts

3155N5KA8kL._SY780_.jpg

I took a chance on going to the movies instead of watching this shit, looks like I made the right call.

There's zero doubt that the Eagles are the more talented team. But there's something to be said for peaking late, and there's a definite question mark surrounding Hurts' health.

Hockenson absolutely killed us last week, and no doubt Philly saw that. Godert must be salivating.

I think Daboll purposefully held Jones back from running during the regular season, but has now opened up the floor gates and unleashed Vanilla Vick on the world.

The public money has been going hard on the Giants +7.5 so Vegas will take a bath if they cover.

I do think it'll be close. Philly probably wins, but the Giants have some moxy to them currently that I haven't seen in a long long time with this franchise. They certainly won't be scared of the moment.

Think it comes down to Hurts. If he's healthy, and playing at his peak? Philly's gonna win this and probably cover. If he's not 100%, or is rusty? It's anyone's game.
Here I'll do it for you

78bocg.jpg

well this is a disaster so far.

decision to go for it on 4th down was really dumb.
The game was over at this point. Not that the Giants would have won if they punted and/or went for it and got it, but going for it on 4th down and missing, and the eagles using the short field to score another quick touchdown? Giants aren't good enough to recover from that, on the road, against a more talented team.

AFC East will be quite interesting next season.

Bills will now be trying to shake a choke artist label. Getting blown out at home a week after nearly blowing it against a 3rd string QB at home. Allen was a turnover machine in both games. They have a ton of free agents apparently.

Dolphins will be seeing if they can fix the OL and actually get a full season out of a healthy Tua. They probably would've won a playoff game if he did this year. But... didn't happen.

Jets and Pats, neither is bad, have QB decisions to make.

Im curious about your take on the dolphins.

My thought is actually Tua isn’t coming back to football and they need a quarterback.

I think Tua will get one more season. And everyone will be on pins and needles watching when he gets sacked. Unless, of course, he decides to retire. It seems like that isn't going to happen, but we'll see.

If he did... then I'm not really sure who I'd hope to see them get at QB. Lamar Jackson would probably sign with them, but he also missed the playoffs due to injury. Derek Carr...idk, he played for the dysfunctional Raiders, I do wonder if he could pull a 2021 Stafford on the Rams. Rodgers and Brady are aging, but I'm sure they'd enjoy throwing to the Dolphins WRs. I'm not sure people want Rodgers' drama.

i'd stay away from lamar jackson due to his injury concerns. you'd be back in the same boat you're in now.

best bet for the dolphins is the guy who'd love to talk about the benefits of ivermectin with governor desantis. he's also dating the daughter of the bucks' owner, so you could possibly use him as a spy in your quest to get giannis to the heat.

I’m torn on both games. My hunch is it will come down to turnovers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom