NFL Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus christ. This game really annoyed me. Also I really don't like the Rams. So there's that.

Haha, I was literally saying to Travis, "I don't think the Seahawks line is that bad..." as it collapsed to end the game.

It wasn’t that bad throughout the regular season aside from maybe 2-3 games.

But the real problems today were that they couldn’t stop the run (something happened they’ve done well all season), Russell was having accuracy issues (which is very atypical), and a few receivers who are usually more sure-handed dropped a few.

I definitely think the accuracy issues and glaring drops were extremely atypical from that Seahawks offense and that triggered my “worst playoff game I’ve seen in a while” comment.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F5ed56484570be8000647428e%2F0x0.jpg%3Fbackground%3D000000%26cropX1%3D414%26cropX2%3D1670%26cropY1%3D0%26cropY2%3D1255
246.jpg

Played pretty well

I'm happy.

Fuck it, get Heinecke some weapons and see what happens. On occasion, UDFAs come through.

I think a series of poopoo decisions after the fact can quickly negate living in the past.

It reminds me of Claudio Ranieri in Leicester in the premier league. Definitely deserved to be let go.

i don't think doug was the problem. literally every time a quarterback who doesn't audible out of most of the plays he calls went into the game, the entire offense got noticeably better.

Philip Rivers is one of my all-time favorite quarterbacks, and I honestly have been a little (ridiculously) emotional about him retiring. I think it's partially because I really got into football during college, and we're now very close to all of the star QBs from that time period being gone. Brees, Brady and Rodgers don't have much left and Rodgers wasn't even our starting QB then. Just kinda makes me feel old all-around, I suppose.

On another note, I'm also very sad to hear about the passing of Ted Thompson. I was pretty harsh on him towards the end of his tenure as the Packers' GM, but honestly, the team would not be where it is, nor have the longevity it's had, without him. He always believed in growing the team from within and it's led to continued success, even past his retirement. Hell, Davante Adams was the WORST WR of all time for a brief moment, and Ted still believed in him enough to resign him. And thank goodness for it.

Players, colleagues, friends remember Ted Thompson

Lmao what was that kickoff return slide? Seems like the bucs wanted to explicitly ensure that the packers would benefit from the 2 minute warning.

Was wondering that myself. But it was on the 8 yard line, right? They have to complete that and the 2-pt conversion to tie the game, maybe too tall of an order.

Brady is very lucky only 1 of his 3 INTs was turned into a GB touchdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom