NFL Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the better half time shows in recent memory. So of course people on my Facebook feed are ripping it to shreds.

In terms of displays and productions it certainly was one of the more low key ones, but in fairness it’s Covid times etc., maybe people aren’t noticing that aspect just yet.

Is Mahomes going to score even a single touchdown?

Also, this will easily wind up being Brady's largest Super Bowl-winning margin. Currently it's the last one, the 10 point victory over the Rams. And this one tonight was the game people thought he might get blown out.

giphy.gif

Tom Brady is the absolute GOAT, nothing more to be said there.

But give someone on defense MVP tonight.

Brady got pressured 4 times in 4 quarters man.

OLs are important, shout out Hewson for calling the importance of Eric Fisher being out.

Brady got pressured 4 times in 4 quarters man.

OLs are important, shout out Hewson for calling the importance of Eric Fisher being out.

The lasting image of this game will be how many times Mahomes was running backwards trying to elude the rush.
Bowles clearly watched film of the 2018 AFC title game (Brady and Gronk probably had copies to lend), Pats did the same thing for a half, couldn't sustain it in the 2nd half. Tonight the Bucs did it all night, and took full advantage of that make shift OL.
Bowles will deserve his next head coaching position when Arians announces his retirement this week.

saw this on twitter:

Between Brady's 1st and 10th Super Bowls, Calvin Johnson graduated high school, college, played in the NFL and was elected to the HOF.

Last edited:
Tom Brady has been on 7 teams that were good enough to win the Super Bowl, nothing more to be said there.

But give someone on defense MVP tonight.

Fixed.

I’ve said it all along, Brady is a top 10 all time player in his position group.

Even Taylor Heinicke and the Washington Football Team made the Bucs sweat for a second.

Only one thing to say about the Chiefs:

thumb.png

Fixed.

I’ve said it all along, Brady is a top 10 all time player in his position group.

I mean sure he's no Aaron Wroggers. Who wouldn't want him and his 1-4 NFC championship game record and State Farm commercials over Brady.
I mean Wroggers has only 9 playoff losses in his career and Brady has 11. No brainer.

I mean sure he's no Aaron Wroggers. Who wouldn't want him and his 1-4 NFC championship game record and State Farm commercials over Brady.

I mean Wroggers has only 9 playoff losses in his career and Brady has 11. No brainer.
Games won is certainly a component of why I would put Brady in my personal top 10.

I mean let's be serious here for a minute. There is basically zero argument for him not to be the #1 of all time now, saying he's top 10 all time is just Christopher Bridges.

If your argument is that some guys are more mobile, or have more arm strength or whatever then you're not fully grasping the concept of playing QB. Most important attribute is ability to read defenses and do the right thing with the ball. If how strong your arm is was the most important thing, Jeff George would be the greatest. If mobility was most important, Michael Vick would be #1 with Lamar Jackson the heir apparent.
And yes, winning games, and titles, kind of important as well.

For shits and giggles Mikal, what is your top 10 list?

I mean let's be serious here for a minute. There is basically zero argument for him not to be the #1 of all time now, saying he's top 10 all time is just Christopher Bridges.

If your argument is that some guys are more mobile, or have more arm strength or whatever then you're not fully grasping the concept of playing QB. Most important attribute is ability to read defenses and do the right thing with the ball. If how strong your arm is was the most important thing, Jeff George would be the greatest. If mobility was most important, Michael Vick would be #1 with Lamar Jackson the heir apparent.
And yes, winning games, and titles, kind of important as well.

For shits and giggles Mikal, what is your top 10 list?
It's all about how you measure QB's. Super Bowl rings is definitely a thing, but just weighted lower in how I rank QB's.

Games won is certainly a component of why I would put Brady in my personal top 10.

AARon Rodgers will finish his career as a better QB statistically, with the raw QBR and int% and TDs and whatever you want statistically to say he’s the greatest blah blah blah... until Patrick Mahommes or someone like him takes that away. The modern NFL has produced more “greatness” in the last two decades than all the other decades past, and much like in hockey, the sport has a very strong necessity for adjustment against league average for the era.

That’s not taking away from Rodgers or eventually Mahommes or even Brady or Brees or Manning, who all have benefitted from the upward tick in inflating stats. Thankfully, the NFL is not the Big 10. But one statistic has withstood and will continue to withstand time, and that’s winning.

So, sure, Tom Brady might not the best passer of all time, but he’s the best player of all time. I’m more than happy with settling on that distinction. QB just so happens to be one of the few positions in sports where making that distinction is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom