NFL Thread III - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2021, 03:09 PM   #121
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:49 PM
McNabb ran the slowest 2 minute offense I've ever seen in Superb Owl 39. Supposedly dry heaving and unable to get a no huddle going.
Moral of the story, a strict diet of Chunky Soup is not a winning combination for an NFL QB.

Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 04:20 PM   #122
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Given that “all of that” is a response to me, perhaps unintentionally, I’d appreciate if you’re going to participate that you don’t just seem to entirely neglect the response to “all of that” because it feels sort of dismissive.
I was not even remotely interested in the two of you's conversation, I didn't even read it, besides Headache's post, which summed up my frustration with the Bucs/Brady/Patriots triangle this season pretty well. I have no idea what you two were arguing about and still haven't gone back to read it. I just came into the thread after finally finding a little peace in watching my favorite sports team shit the bed yet again.

So I was not dismissing your opinion, because I don't know what your opinion was. I could go back and read it, but that would require me to go back to where people were talking about the Packers game and honestly, I still don't feel like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Yeah I mean it's one of those judgement calls where if the Packers didn't get it on 4th down, then you'd wish you had the 3 points and a chance to stop them.

Hate to say it, as much as I appreciate everything Rodgers has done for Green Bay, the guy is not good in championship games. He wasn't good enough yesterday. The game clearly swung in GB's favor after those Brady picks and we went 3 and put twice. You can't do that in a Championship game. Sure there were a lot of factors that caused the Packers to lose, but once again I came away underwhelmed by Rodgers. If the Jordan Love Era starts next season, I'm not going to be crushed having all of that salary cap space to bulk up the roster even more.
Except to say that I also agree with all of this, unfortunately. Several years ago, I recall us having some pretty intense debate because I said the Rodgers era was over. I'm glad to see I was wrong, but at the end of the day, what did we actually come away with? Controversy, depression and a lot of "What-ifs?".

I hope he's back. I hope they're great. I hope he wins a second ring with GB. But I'm not ever going to become the kind of person who discounts an entire player's career based on how many rings they do/don't have. Thank God Marino didn't play in the era of hot takes, because I don't know how he'd have any legacy at all at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
Andy Reid was held back in Philadelphia by an incompetent front office.
Really starting to feel that way, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Yeah but if you failed on 4th, you have TB pinned at the 8 yard line (or closer if you complete a pass short of the goal line), so you increase your odds if you do stop them.
I haven't looked into it, because, as I said, I'm still feeling pretty low, but has LaFleur explained himself at all, yet?

Old 01-25-2021, 05:18 PM   #123
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
has LaFleur explained himself at all, yet?
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:28 PM   #124
Blue Crack Addict

DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:26 PM   #125
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:49 AM
Gee
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:05 PM   #126
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:49 PM
Another lesson I've learned throughout the last 10 years is to appreciate every Super Bowl trophy. After SB 45 it really looked like the Packers were on the verge of a dynasty. Same thing with the Seahawks and a couple of other teams. Nothing is guaranteed. I think that's helped me get a lot less upset than I used to.
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:12 PM   #127
Blue Crack Supplier

Despite the fact that the 49ers as a franchise have a nice haul of trophies, I'll probably never get over Steve Young only winning one championship. And he never really gets his due in general; guy is legit all-time Top 10 IMO and I don't think we hear his name enough.

This is from 2019, for what it's worth:

Adjusted Passer Rating: Top Ten Quarterbacks of All-Time
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:18 PM   #128
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Despite the fact that the 49ers as a franchise have a nice haul of trophies, I'll probably never get over Steve Young only winning one championship. And he never really gets his due in general; guy is legit all-time Top 10 IMO and I don't think we hear his name enough.

I can not fully express how completely OVER the current era in sports talk radio/news I am. It's absolutely ridiculous that a QB has to win 2 SB rings, at this point, for anyone to take them seriously. But they have to have something to talk about on the 15 sports networks we have for 8 hours a day that there aren't any live programs on, right?
Old 01-25-2021, 10:26 PM   #129
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I can not fully express how completely OVER the current era in sports talk radio/news I am. It's absolutely ridiculous that a QB has to win 2 SB rings, at this point, for anyone to take them seriously. But they have to have something to talk about on the 15 sports networks we have for 8 hours a day that there aren't any live programs on, right?
i can not fully express how completely in agreement i am with this post.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:56 PM   #130
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
The real "fake news" when you think about it.
mikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:31 PM   #131
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I don't know. I think Young gets his fair due of praise.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 10:03 PM   #132
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Oh my god
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 10:15 PM   #133
Blue Crack Addict

NFL Thread III

Lol what the flying fuck is this Goff-Stafford trade ive never seen a bigger lose lose
Old 01-30-2021, 11:31 PM   #134
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:49 PM
NFL Thread III

I don’t know it’s a lose for the Lions with all the draft picks going their way. Not that they won’t fuck it up somehow because Lions.
the tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 11:47 PM   #135
Blue Crack Distributor

IMO, I think the rams may have won here, if their goal is simply to win a super bowl and forget the rest. Which is a very LA team move.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:06 AM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
I don’t know it’s a lose for the Lions with all the draft picks going their way. Not that they won’t fuck it up somehow because Lions.

They’re committing to Jared Goff with that monstrous contract, and Jared Goff has shown he isn’t at the NFL level. Lots of guaranteed money too. Also one of the picks is coming from a playoff team. Not that good of a 1st.

Quote:
IMO, I think the rams may have won here, if their goal is simply to win a super bowl and forget the rest. Which is a very LA team move.

They’re not going to win a Super Bowl with Matt Stafford. He’s a good QB but on the wrong side of his prime.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:52 AM   #137
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:49 PM
Does that mean I should be bummed to be a Seahawks fan since Stafford and Wilson are the same age?
the tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 01:18 AM   #138
More 5G Than Man

I just don't see the Rams improving enough to make losing that draft capital worthwhile. Stafford makes $1 million less than Goff next year and $6 million less the year after that, so it's not like they're saving a ton of money anyway.

The Lions are in a rebuild, so I could see them getting what they can from Goff in an inflated trade market and drafting someone like Trey Lance to be the face of their rebuild. Or they'll just keep him and spend way too much on a QB that won't win for them, so...a more expensive Stafford.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 01:25 AM   #139
Blue Crack Addict

the rams got absolutely hosed in this trade. the lions will continue to be the lions with goff at quarterback.

the only explanation i can think of for the team to give away even more first-round draft picks to the point that they don't have a single one for SEVEN years is that kroenke intends to go all-in for a run when the new stadium properly opens with fans, and he thinks stafford is the guy to do it (after realizing the rams don't have enough to offer for watson). i give it two seasons at most before the rams crash into the basement for at least five years.
Old 01-31-2021, 01:43 AM   #140
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
Does that mean I should be bummed to be a Seahawks fan since Stafford and Wilson are the same age?

With many great QBs proving that they can play until 38-40 you never really know... but also Stafford didn’t really accomplish anything up until this point, and I’m not sure how many QBs wait until they’re 33-35 to suddenly start being taken seriously as a QB capable of winning a super bowl.