NFL Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stunned that the Chiefs are still only favored by 3. I feel like I'm stealing money.

Same. I actually thought the Packers had a better chance to beat the Chiefs than the Bucs.

eagles-patriots-super-bodwl-football.jpg

I wouldn’t bet against Tom Brady. Even though the Chiefs are clearly the favorite, I just wouldn’t do it. He’s a dream wrecker.

No dream wrecked - LIII (Feb 3, 2019) New England 13, Los Angeles 3 NE -2.5 (55.5)

Patriots dreams wrecked -
LII (Feb 4, 2018) Philadelphia 41, New England 33 NE -4.5 (49)

Dreams wrecked in-game, I can happily admit that one, but not going INTO the game -
LI (Feb 5, 2017) New England 34, Atlanta 28 NE -3 (57.5)

Dreams wrecked - XLIX (Feb 1, 2015) New England 28, Seattle 24 SEA -1 (47.5)

Patriots Dreams wrecked -
XLVI (Feb 5, 2012) N.Y. Giants 21, New England 17 NE -2.5 (53)

Patriot's Dreams rickety wrecked -
XLII (Feb 3, 2008) N.Y. Giants 17, New England 14 NE -12 (55)

No dream wrecked -
XXIX (Feb 6, 2005) New England 24, Philadelphia 21 NE -7 (46.5)

No dream wrecked -
XXXVIII (Feb 1, 2004) New England 32, Carolina 29 NE -7 (37.5)

Dreams wrecked -
XXXVI (Feb 3, 2002) New England 20, St. Louis 17 STL -14 (53)

He's only had to overcome spread odds twice. Most of the time, he's the one getting his dreams wrecked, or they win as expected.

Still, none of this means much of anything. But I'm not going to allow unchecked Brady circlejerks to go uncontested.

What’s your deal? A circle jerk, are you kidding me?
I know it can be hard to detect when someone's just screwing around, but I'm 100% doing just that.

We were talking about points spreads. I was simply pointing out, he hasn't exactly had to overcome the odds in the SB very often.

The Chiefs are going to win comfortably and if I had like 1k to burn I would happily take the current spread. Easy money.

Yeah sometimes you have a situation where the better defense wins out over an amazing offense (2007, 2013 seasons), but this Chiefs offense is possibly the most dominant I've ever seen and the Bucs' D hasn't been anything spectacular. Pretty good, but no 2013 Seahawks, and certainly not transcendent like the Chiefs' offense. The Chiefs hung 34 on the Ravens and 32 on the Saints, both higher ranked in yards and points against than the Bucs.

The only way the Bucs win is if they pick off Mahomes 3-4 times, and he's not especially careless with the ball.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t bet against Tom Brady. Even though the Chiefs are clearly the favorite, I just wouldn’t do it. He’s a dream wrecker.

No dream wrecked
Patriots dreams wrecked

Dreams wrecked
Dreams wrecked
Patriots Dreams wrecked -
Patriot's Dreams rickety wrecked -
No dream wrecked -
No dream wrecked -
Dreams wrecked -
he's the one getting his dreams wrecked

I'm not going to allow unchecked Brady circle jerks to go uncontested.

Do you not see how this is extremely I-can’t-find-the-right-word-for-it? I’m not “debating” you in any way. I shared an opinion of why I wouldn’t bet against a guy who has killed the hopes of AFC teams 9 times and NFC champions 6 times. You can say whatever you want, your post was uncalled for.

The Chiefs are going to win comfortably and if I had like 1k to burn I would happily take the current spread. Easy money.

Yeah sometimes you have a situation where the better defense wins out over an amazing offense (2007, 2013 seasons), but this Chiefs offense is possibly the most dominant I've ever seen and the Bucs' D hasn't been anything spectacular. Pretty good, but no 2013 Seahawks, and certainly not transcendent like the Chiefs' offense. The Chiefs hung 34 on the Ravens and 32 on the Saints, both higher ranked in yards and points against than the Bucs.

The only way the Bucs win is if they pick off Mahomes 3-4 times, and he's not especially careless with the ball.

Well lets not forget the Chiefs lost their left tackle Eric Fisher to an Achilles injury in the championship game. (and right tackle Schwartz has been out since October) That will be a factor. Bucs may be able to pressure Mahomes rushing only 4, which would free them to double both Hill and Kelce at times. Strength of TB's defense is the front, so this injury plays right into their hand. Also DeMarcus Robinson and their back up center just hit the Covid list(got their hair cut Sunday by a Covid positive barber), need 5 days of negative tests to play, with 5 days to go before the game, so they are in doubt.
To me the key for the Chiefs will be can they stop the Bucs with any consistency. If they can, they win and probably fairly comfortably. If not, it comes down to the 4th quarter and quite possibly who possesses the ball last. I wouldn't bet against Brady in that scenario.

Ahh, Mr. Brady, what Hell hath you wrought? :wink: Old Buc(k) versus Young Chief. This SB could be the passing of the torch. I suppose I'm "rooting" for the Bucs because I'm an NFC dude, but the prospect of a dynasty is exciting.

Well lets not forget the Chiefs lost their left tackle Eric Fisher to an Achilles injury in the championship game. (and right tackle Schwartz has been out since October) That will be a factor. Bucs may be able to pressure Mahomes rushing only 4, which would free them to double both Hill and Kelce at times. Strength of TB's defense is the front, so this injury plays right into their hand. Also DeMarcus Robinson and their back up center just hit the Covid list(got their hair cut Sunday by a Covid positive barber), need 5 days of negative tests to play, with 5 days to go before the game, so they are in doubt.
To me the key for the Chiefs will be can they stop the Bucs with any consistency. If they can, they win and probably fairly comfortably. If not, it comes down to the 4th quarter and quite possibly who possesses the ball last. I wouldn't bet against Brady in that scenario.

Yeah, it's going to come down to how many errors the Bucs can force Mahomes into. They can win with consistent short fields. The Chiefs are absolutely the better team, but even the most elite teams can be brought down by turnovers that, crucially, turn into points. The Packers had the takeaways vs. the Bucs but couldn't do anything with them.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Bennet didn't also mention that the game turned him into a really shady guy who fakes injuries to get him out of contracts.

Bucs' defense holding up better than I expected but it won't last if the Bucs' offense can't sustain a drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom