NFL Thread III - Page 52 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-28-2022, 07:29 AM   #1021
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,733
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Why would the Colts be concerned with playoff OT rules.
__________________

Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 11:18 AM   #1022
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,607
Local Time: 11:47 PM
gotta fill seats in that retractable roof stadium, which was invented by an interference user, if you weren't aware.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 12:06 PM   #1023
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 26,080
Local Time: 11:47 PM
It still would be no match for the Hewson Headache Center.
phanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 12:51 PM   #1024
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,733
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
gotta fill seats in that retractable roof stadium, which was invented by an interference user, if you weren't aware.
Meeeeeeow.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:32 AM   #1025
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,444
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Looks like the Bears will not have a new owner for the next 4 years.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:29 AM   #1026
ONE
love, blood, life
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,715
Local Time: 10:47 PM
So what exactly was the point of his endless posturing over the last 18 months?
iron yuppie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:37 AM   #1027
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,444
Local Time: 10:47 PM
I'll say this, there has been a lot of playoff heartbreak as a Packers fan. It sucks. But it's crazy to think that Favre started playing for GB when I was 11, and by the time Rodgers' 4 year contract is done, I'll be 46. That's 35 years of HOF QB play. It's been fun and have a couple of Superb Owl Trophies to show for it. Hopefully 1 more by the time this is done.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:09 PM   #1028
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,733
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
So what exactly was the point of his endless posturing over the last 18 months?
$$$
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:48 PM   #1029
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 9,797
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Wow, Rogers agrees to 4 year, 200 mil deal with GB.

Seattle trades Russell Wilson to Denver for multiple 1st round draft picks.
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:51 PM   #1030
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,444
Local Time: 10:47 PM
There's a part of me that is jealous of Seattle getting all of those draft picks. Could have been GB, lol. But draft picks aren't always guaranteed.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 02:28 PM   #1031
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,733
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
There's a part of me that is jealous of Seattle getting all of those draft picks. Could have been GB, lol. But draft picks aren't always guaranteed.
True. But that's an epic, almost Herschel Walker-esque haul for Wilson.
Fant is an above average TE. Lock can be a decent 2nd string QB/clipboard holder, or could start during the 2022 tank season to ensure they draft his replacement in 23.

And 2 1's and 2 2's. That's potentially 4 starters for 5-10 years if they draft well.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 03:26 PM   #1032
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 26,080
Local Time: 11:47 PM
Seems like a fair trade to me.
phanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 04:47 PM   #1033
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,444
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
True. But that's an epic, almost Herschel Walker-esque haul for Wilson.
Fant is an above average TE. Lock can be a decent 2nd string QB/clipboard holder, or could start during the 2022 tank season to ensure they draft his replacement in 23.

And 2 1's and 2 2's. That's potentially 4 starters for 5-10 years if they draft well.
I still think Seattle will come on the losing side of this, mostly because they just have not been drafting well at all recently. Unless one of those picks can be turned into either a franchise QB or future HOF'er at another position, they lose. Obviously it'll take some time to declare a winner.

PS. The AFC West is gonna be a fun division to watch.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 06:26 PM   #1034
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,642
Local Time: 08:47 PM
Today was interesting but I don't feel like it's going to shake things up that much.

The highest paid QB in the league puts on MAGAface in the morning for attention and can't beat Jimmy G. They really just kicked the can down the road and their roster is going to be appreciably worse because of their cap situation...but at least they'll still be watchable for a while longer. I have no idea what happens to Jordan Love now.

Seattle stocked up on draft picks but hasn't been able to draft well in years. They needed to part ways though, so I get the impulse. It's not a bad trade for them. I think the best thing they could do is package the picks for a known quantity stud QB.

Denver mortgaged their future for the third best QB in the AFC West. They'll be much better but probably not Super Bowl caliber in a conference stacked with great QBs.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 07:52 AM   #1035
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,444
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Today was interesting but I don't feel like it's going to shake things up that much.

The highest paid QB in the league puts on MAGAface in the morning for attention and can't beat Jimmy G. They really just kicked the can down the road and their roster is going to be appreciably worse because of their cap situation...but at least they'll still be watchable for a while longer. I have no idea what happens to Jordan Love now.

Seattle stocked up on draft picks but hasn't been able to draft well in years. They needed to part ways though, so I get the impulse. It's not a bad trade for them. I think the best thing they could do is package the picks for a known quantity stud QB.

Denver mortgaged their future for the third best QB in the AFC West. They'll be much better but probably not Super Bowl caliber in a conference stacked with great QBs.
Obviously talking what ifs here, but just because Rodgers has come up short recently does that automatically mean he will in 2022. Even the almighty Brady went thru a 10 year SB drought. And the Packers won't be in salary cap hell every year. The cap continues to grow every year and it's definitely something you can manipulate, especially having Russ Ball in the Front Office.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 08:16 AM   #1036
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,607
Local Time: 11:47 PM
live shot at Jordan Love

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 08:16 AM   #1037
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,607
Local Time: 11:47 PM
live shot at Jordan Love

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 08:38 AM   #1038
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,444
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
live shot at Jordan Love

Amazing how fragile an NFL career is. I think he has promise, but he looked shaky in his two games last year, and the Packers must just not have seen enough to hand the keys over.

I see a lot of people slamming the Packers for the pick 2 years ago, but how quickly they forget that Rodgers was turning 37 at the time and had two below average years in a row and was injured in 2017. I don't think anyone expected 2 back to back MVP years.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 09:17 AM   #1039
ONE
love, blood, life
 
iron yuppie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,715
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
I see a lot of people slamming the Packers for the pick 2 years ago, but how quickly they forget that Rodgers was turning 37 at the time and had two below average years in a row and was injured in 2017. I don't think anyone expected 2 back to back MVP years.
I will never understand this mentality among some fans (and players) that an organization is supposed to sit around in hushed reverence over an aging star rather than plan for the future. Seems like the route that Pittsburgh took with Roethlisberger, and look where they are now - praying that SF makes Garappolo available for trade.
iron yuppie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 09:30 AM   #1040
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,444
Local Time: 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
I will never understand this mentality among some fans (and players) that an organization is supposed to sit around in hushed reverence over an aging star rather than plan for the future. Seems like the route that Pittsburgh took with Roethlisberger, and look where they are now - praying that SF makes Garappolo available for trade.
100%. And it may still work out for the Packers/Love. He's a low cap number, he has another year or so to learn the system and fine tune his game. While everyone thinks Rodgers has 4 more years left, all it takes is a major injury to start the next phase quickly. If Love is looking really good in a year or two, then he's either ready to take over in that scenario or the Packers go let him go and start the search over.
__________________

mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×