NFL Thread III - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2021, 06:03 PM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:40 PM
I see this evening game wishes to compete with the afternoon game in terms of lack of quality.

LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:47 PM   #82
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 10:40 AM
Same old shit. Go up two scores on the Chiefs and call it a day.

LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:55 PM   #83
Blue Crack Distributor

In the interest of public health I say we just hand Kansas City the lombardi now and we can start the next season two weeks earlier.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:15 PM   #84
More 5G Than Man

Guess the Bills didn't watch the end of the Packers game.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:22 PM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

Wannabe GOAT loses to GOAT
Wannabe best young QB loses to best young QB?
Old 01-24-2021, 07:28 PM   #86
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Did I say that? No. Tom Brady is the GOAT. Bill Belichick is not. Brady is the X factor and the magic.

No doubt the Packers can take the majority of the blame for their own fate today, but Brady got it done when it mattered most and otherwise has led the Bucs to the Super Bowl. My comment wasn’t about his overall performance today though, it’s a reflection on the fact that he’s in the Super Bowl and the Pats didn’t make the playoffs.
Bill Belichick is the GOAT. They can both be the GOAT.

But I do ask this...

If you went back in time and put Rodgers with Belichick and Brady in Green Bay, which QB ends up as the GOAT?
Old 01-24-2021, 08:00 PM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Bill Belichick is the GOAT. They can both be the GOAT.

But I do ask this...

If you went back in time and put Rodgers with Belichick and Brady in Green Bay, which QB ends up as the GOAT?

They both can be but I don’t think they both are. Great coach, greatest QB. Your scenario is impossible to have a serious answer though. It’s asking to determine if “intangibles” are real. Does Rodgers truly fluke and does Brady truly have a knack for winning?

Surely Rodgers would’ve had a far better coach and I think that’s the only definite statement that can be made from that.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:04 PM   #88
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Guess the Bills didn't watch the end of the Packers game.

Should henceforth be known in Bills history as the "Hold My Beer" play.
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 08:21 PM   #89
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
They both can be but I don’t think they both are. Great coach, greatest QB. Your scenario is impossible to have a serious answer though. It’s asking to determine if “intangibles” are real. Does Rodgers truly fluke and does Brady truly have a knack for winning?

Surely Rodgers would’ve had a far better coach and I think that’s the only definite statement that can be made from that.
Yea I'd disagree strongly on Belichick not being the GOAT coach.

He has 6 rings as a head coach, two more as a defensive coordinator. 9 Super Bowl appearances as head coach, 3 more as a defensive coordinator.

The onset of the salary cap made winning consistently incredibly difficult in the NFL, and he won consistently as both coach and defacto GM.

What the Pats did is the most impressive run of a professional sports team probably since the Celtics of the 60s.

Even though I don't think Brady is the most talented QB of his generation, there's no doubt that he's the GOAT. His stats are good enough, but the winning is just unprecedented. He's like the Bill Russell of football. Sure, Wilt was probably better - but god damn Bill won so god damn much while also being really damn good that you just can't deny him the title until someone like Jordan comes along that is not only clearly the most talented player but also wins at an incredible rate (coughcoughpatmahomescoughcough)

I'm not sure how anyone could possibly not say the same about Belichick. Nobody can match what he's done. He's the GOAT coach and I don't really think there's a close second.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:32 PM   #90
Blue Crack Addict

go chiefs.
DaveC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 08:40 PM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

But the argument you’re making for Bill’s maintained success can easily be equally attributed to having a stable star QB. It’s the single most important position in the game and determines whether or not you have a team. Any team that has had a star QB like Brady has been good at maintaining success. This argument ends up circular if we are simply saying winning defines who is the GOAT unless we also talk about who is losing.

You’re right, both can be GOATs, that’s not unfair to say. But you can really only start to compare them when they’re separated. Without Brady, we have a few samples of Bill. Two seasons over .500 with playoff appearances and then like 5 seasons of missing the playoffs. When we do the same for Brady, so far it looks to me like Brady isn’t all that different with or without Belichick.

So, sure. Bill can still be the HC GOAT. I just really think what separates Bill from the rest is Tom Brady, and I’m not so sure the reverse is true.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:45 PM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Should henceforth be known in Bills history as the "Hold My Beer" play.

Only to be trumped by going for two, missing, and then getting your onside kick down 17 lmao.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:57 PM   #93
Blue Crack Distributor

Yea I mean I'm clearly not as impressed by a 3 INT performance against a team that shit the bed at every opportunity as you are.

Brady went to a team with mondo weapons in a weak NFC. They beat the worst playoff team ever, a team with a noodle armed QB, and a historically choking team that choked. And wouldn't ya know they get to the Super Bowl and it's a home game.

Sorry if I'm not ready to write off Belichick based on this.

But since you brought it up - yes, the Pats had a down year this season.

Their record from 2001 on without Brady in the lineup was 14-6. So saying he's just a .500 coach without Brady's just a tad unfair.

In Cleveland he had a playoff team that was turning the corner before the owner pulled the rug out from underneath him with the announcement that they were headed to Baltimore. The last Browns playoff win before this season was by a Belichick coached team.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:08 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

JInx Time:

KC 45
TB 24
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:21 PM   #95
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Why in the name of Favre did they not go for it on 4th down?
The Packers board of governors or Mikal's family or whoever makes these type decisions up there should have used the 2 minute warning in that game to vote to fire Matt LaFleur on the spot and have him unceremoniously dragged out of Lambeau.
What a chicken shit call kicking that FG.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:31 PM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

Looking forward to an entertaining Super Bowl and a fascinating offseason.
phanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:41 PM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Yea I mean I'm clearly not as impressed by a 3 INT performance against a team that shit the bed at every opportunity as you are.

Brady went to a team with mondo weapons in a weak NFC. They beat the worst playoff team ever, a team with a noodle armed QB, and a historically choking team that choked. And wouldn't ya know they get to the Super Bowl and it's a home game.

Sorry if I'm not ready to write off Belichick based on this.

But since you brought it up - yes, the Pats had a down year this season.

Their record from 2001 on without Brady in the lineup was 14-6. So saying he's just a .500 coach without Brady's just a tad unfair.

In Cleveland he had a playoff team that was turning the corner before the owner pulled the rug out from underneath him with the announcement that they were headed to Baltimore. The last Browns playoff win before this season was by a Belichick coached team.

A 3 INT performance where his team never trailed and was up by 17 at half time. Remove that 4th quarter and it was a star performance by Brady. So, you could argue that it was in fact Tom Brady who took away any hope for GB and then literally was responsible for giving it back. Regardless, he came out victorious.

Good lord Tom Brady played his entire career without this long list of receiving weapons on one team and has proven that throughout his career with or without weapons he can win. To somehow try and pass his TB success off to his receivers, who didn’t exactly bring great success to Brady’s predecessors in Tampa, is silly.

Lastly, I don’t know how you’re going to quote 14-6 and try to sell that, and totally conveniently fail to include the peripheries of Brady. Yes, Bill put together an 11-5 season with Matt Cassel in 2008. It was impressive. It was also the 16-0 Patriots follow-on season when Brady went down, and undoubtedly the best unit the Patriots have had, with both Wes Welker and Randy Moss. The team also didn’t make the playoffs - any Dolphins fan remembers this.

But you conveniently decided to just ignore the peripheral years when you said 14-6. In 2001, Brady took over after an 0-2 start from Drew Bledsoe. You know, the year after Bill led the team to a 5-11 record with Bledsoe? And after Brady left, 7-9. But find me a single year Brady has struggled...
Old 01-24-2021, 10:22 PM   #98
Blue Crack Supplier

lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:47 PM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:40 PM
I won a pretty decent amount of money today. And it's already guaranteed to be a profitable Super Bowl for me because I picked up Tampa Bay ($5 to payout $50) and Chiefs ($25 to payout $75) futures tickets earlier in the season.

I can get used to this sports gambling thing. So glad they legalized the books in Illinois.
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:15 PM   #100
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:40 PM
And yes, during that fateful sequence it never once even crossed my mind that the Packers would attempt a field goal. It was always 4 down territory. Was shocked and happy when the camera cut to the field goal unit setting up. Absolutely horrendous call.

GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote