NFL Thread III - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-25-2022, 08:32 PM   #901
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,913
Local Time: 02:10 AM
It did give us the Sanchize
__________________

LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:18 PM   #902
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,674
Local Time: 01:10 AM
Aaron Rodgers says fans watched Packers-49ers game to root against him because he’s not vaccinated

__________________

Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:45 PM   #903
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,865
Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Footwork in the pocket could still use a little work, but that definitely improved in the Detroit game compared to KC where they were in his face every play.
This is the part I find worrying, but yeah, totally willing to give him another year or so to figure it out.





But we gotta get rid of this guy first....
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:35 PM   #904
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,642
Local Time: 11:10 PM
LOL there are plenty of unvaccinated players I root for on my own shitty team. I don't care that Throw Rogan isn't vaccinated, I care that he endangered people by lying about his status and because he pushes dangerous GQP propaganda. I also dislike the guy because he's a petty, selfish diva who can't justify it in games that matter and is given a scapegoat each time for his failings. None of that is directly related to his political views.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:26 AM   #905
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,444
Local Time: 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
This is the part I find worrying, but yeah, totally willing to give him another year or so to figure it out.

Yeah and most young QB's struggle with footwork. It's usually the last thing to develop. Even if you watch Rodgers in 08/09, it was still coming along.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:44 AM   #906
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,601
Local Time: 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
LOL there are plenty of unvaccinated players I root for on my own shitty team. I don't care that Throw Rogan isn't vaccinated, I care that he endangered people by lying about his status and because he pushes dangerous GQP propaganda. I also dislike the guy because he's a petty, selfish diva who can't justify it in games that matter and is given a scapegoat each time for his failings. None of that is directly related to his political views.
Throw Rogan

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:56 AM   #907
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,444
Local Time: 01:10 AM
The crazy part is, even though I consider myself left, I agree with Rodgers on a couple of his statements, specifically cancel culture, which I do agree has gotten out of control.

But I feel like he lost his platform when he wasn't straightforward with the media when they asked him if he was vaccinated. That was his opportunity to use his platform and even say "I'm allergic to a component of the vaccine". He didn't take that opportunity and because of that I agree that he deserved a lot of flack.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 02:35 PM   #908
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 32,733
Local Time: 02:10 AM
Yeah, it's not about him being unvaxxed, it's about his deceit in the matter, and apparently not following the protocols for unvaxxed players.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 03:07 PM   #909
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,642
Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Yeah and most young QB's struggle with footwork. It's usually the last thing to develop. Even if you watch Rodgers in 08/09, it was still coming along.
What's really concerning is when you see footwork and throwing mechanics regress over time. That happened to Baker Mayfield this year. He is seemingly incapable of standing upright in the pocket at this point and constantly drifts off to his left. This leads to sacks and poor accuracy. This has always been an issue for Baker, but I'm not sure it's ever been worse than that Packers game.

I watch a lot of film analysis for quarterbacks and I thought this video on Baker and the importance of footwork was extremely interesting:

https://youtu.be/RWNQiQOIG0A

Some relevant time stamps: 3:40, 8:15, 10:45, 20:40, 28:23

Even when it works out, like 14:22, you can see how difficult he makes things for himself. Again, I'm not 100% sure why he's still having games this bad, but it's something you want to prevent from happening to Jordan Love. Keep his pocket clean for the most part and he will develop in the psychological aspects of the game.

Joe Burrow seriously has incredible mental fortitude at his age for continuing to play his game despite a lack of protection from his OL. He's going to be really special if they can keep him healthy in Cincinnati.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 05:13 PM   #910
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,865
Local Time: 11:10 PM
I know I could just ask you this, but I thought some people in the thread would be interested too, has that person done a video on Jordan Love?
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 08:12 PM   #911
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,642
Local Time: 11:10 PM
From two months ago:

https://youtu.be/e4AlN9DSnVE

Analysis of the Chiefs game
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:21 PM   #912
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,865
Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
From two months ago:

https://youtu.be/e4AlN9DSnVE

Analysis of the Chiefs game
Bless you.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:31 AM   #913
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,444
Local Time: 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
What's really concerning is when you see footwork and throwing mechanics regress over time. That happened to Baker Mayfield this year. He is seemingly incapable of standing upright in the pocket at this point and constantly drifts off to his left. This leads to sacks and poor accuracy. This has always been an issue for Baker, but I'm not sure it's ever been worse than that Packers game.

I watch a lot of film analysis for quarterbacks and I thought this video on Baker and the importance of footwork was extremely interesting:

https://youtu.be/RWNQiQOIG0A

Some relevant time stamps: 3:40, 8:15, 10:45, 20:40, 28:23

Even when it works out, like 14:22, you can see how difficult he makes things for himself. Again, I'm not 100% sure why he's still having games this bad, but it's something you want to prevent from happening to Jordan Love. Keep his pocket clean for the most part and he will develop in the psychological aspects of the game.

Joe Burrow seriously has incredible mental fortitude at his age for continuing to play his game despite a lack of protection from his OL. He's going to be really special if they can keep him healthy in Cincinnati.
Really good video. And I agree with your point about keeping the pocket clean for Love. I think the stage is definitely set for him to have success. At the core, MLF is a run first coach that sets up open WR's with playaction and via routes. Has a phenomenal OL too.

Should be interesting for sure!
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:31 AM   #914
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,601
Local Time: 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Yeah, it's not about him being unvaxxed, it's about his deceit in the matter, and apparently not following the protocols for unvaxxed players.
right - it's because he lied, didn't follow protocols, and when called on it he responded like an entitled, arrogant douchebag.

ohhhh joe rogan told you what to do so that's why you didn't follow the protocols the league put in place. great.

if he would have said from jump street that he can't be vaccinated because he has an allergy then people wouldn't have been as hard on him.

so once again someone is complaining about cancel culture instead of owning up to their own shitty behavior.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:32 AM   #915
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,444
Local Time: 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
right - it's because he lied, didn't follow protocols, and when called on it he responded like an entitled, arrogant douchebag.

ohhhh joe rogan told you what to do so that's why you didn't follow the protocols the league put in place. great.

if he would have said from jump street that he can't be vaccinated because he has an allergy then people wouldn't have been as hard on him.

so once again someone is complaining about cancel culture instead of owning up to their own shitty behavior.
That's why I still think the best joke from Saturday night was that Aaron Rodgers was surrounded by snowflakes and got cancelled.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 01:42 PM   #916
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Posts: 69,601
Local Time: 02:10 AM
Brady to retire at a very young 63 years of age
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 01:50 PM   #917
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,865
Local Time: 11:10 PM
I'm not saying he had a bad year, that would be stupid, but seeing a dip in talent this year had me convinced he wouldn't come back. I don't think he'd want to risk a bad season.
__________________
bono_212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 02:15 PM   #918
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,913
Local Time: 02:10 AM
The Curse of the Bradybino is over
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 03:08 PM   #919
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,444
Local Time: 01:10 AM
Let’s go Jordan Love! Take over the NFC as best QB!
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 03:48 PM   #920
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,444
Local Time: 01:10 AM
Oh not official now. Man, if Brady purposely did this to troll Schefter, I’d hate him just a little less.
__________________

mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×