NFL Thread III - Page 45 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2022, 06:24 PM   #881
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
As we all know, not too long ago, it really was basically the coin toss that decided who won. A field goal to end things on the first drive was a joke of a rule. I've been content since that went out the window.

Exactly! We grew up with that shit. But, I'm actually fine with the current format. If a team wants fairness, then they need to D-up and prevent the other team from scoring a TD.

Old 01-24-2022, 06:58 PM   #882
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:34 PM
I would imagine those defenses last night were both exhausted. Whoever lost the coin toss was likely to lose the game, and we all knew it.

Old 01-24-2022, 10:10 PM   #883
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:34 PM
Where do we think Rodgers will be playing next year?
Old 01-24-2022, 10:23 PM   #884
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post

On a Wrangler Jeans commercial
Old 01-24-2022, 10:51 PM   #885
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Denver
Old 01-24-2022, 11:25 PM   #886
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Hopefully anywhere but Green Bay. I just can't believe the team is already vocally saying they want him back. Just...why? What is there to gain from another season of this? I get that there's nothing waiting in the wings, but the guy is a complete headcase at this point. Drama everywhere he goes, looks foolish, drawing hugely unnecessary attention on himself. Now he's an election denier as well as an anti-vaxxer? Like....just distance yourself from this dude already, he's a trainwreck.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:20 AM   #887
Blue Crack Distributor

Location: This forum just ain't what it was pre-2007 but I still post here
Quote:
Fox and Friends
Old 01-25-2022, 07:38 AM   #888
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Hopefully anywhere but Green Bay. I just can't believe the team is already vocally saying they want him back. Just...why? What is there to gain from another season of this? I get that there's nothing waiting in the wings, but the guy is a complete headcase at this point. Drama everywhere he goes, looks foolish, drawing hugely unnecessary attention on himself. Now he's an election denier as well as an anti-vaxxer? Like....just distance yourself from this dude already, he's a trainwreck.
I think they're saying that to drive up his value. Financially, it doesn't make sense to bring Rodgers back. Doing so would cripple the rest of the team and the supporting cast wouldn't look anywhere near what it did the last couple years.

Gutey is really good at bringing in talent. I'd expect a "mutual breakup" much like Payton Manning and the Colts did, then they'll trade him to Denver or Pittsburg, Love will be QB1 but the Packers will also draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round as a safeguard.

The myth that the Packers would only win 4 games without Rodgers will be proven false as they have a ton of talent on the Defense, a top 5 offensive line, and key skill position players. They'll play different ball, rely on the run more, but they'll still be competitive while Love settles in.

Most importantly, we'll still own the Bears.
Old 01-25-2022, 07:56 AM   #889
Blue Crack Addict

PS. The best Rodgers joke I saw over the weekend was that it was ironic that Rodgers ran into a bunch of snowflakes and his season was cancelled. LOLZ
Old 01-25-2022, 08:48 AM   #890
Blue Crack Distributor

maybe they can trade him to the Jets.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:46 AM   #891
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Hopefully not Seattle, though I’ll be a little surprised if we don’t have a QB vacancy.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:57 AM   #892
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I wonder if Pittsburgh would take him.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:52 AM   #893
Blue Crack Distributor

i think pittsburgh has proven that they don't mind sloppy white trash quarterbacks.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:26 AM   #894
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
I think they're saying that to drive up his value. Financially, it doesn't make sense to bring Rodgers back. Doing so would cripple the rest of the team and the supporting cast wouldn't look anywhere near what it did the last couple years.

Gutey is really good at bringing in talent. I'd expect a "mutual breakup" much like Payton Manning and the Colts did, then they'll trade him to Denver or Pittsburg, Love will be QB1 but the Packers will also draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round as a safeguard.

The myth that the Packers would only win 4 games without Rodgers will be proven false as they have a ton of talent on the Defense, a top 5 offensive line, and key skill position players. They'll play different ball, rely on the run more, but they'll still be competitive while Love settles in.

Most importantly, we'll still own the Bears.
My ideal is the team manages to get a low-mid QB next season (like Jimmy G), drafts a flyer QB and then let's Love and Jimmy fight for the starting role for a year to see if there's any hope for Love or not (unlikely).

Maybe I'm ridiculous, but I don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
i think pittsburgh has proven that they don't mind sloppy white trash quarterbacks.
My most preferred landing place for him, so I can hate him without reserve.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:08 PM   #895
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
My ideal is the team manages to get a low-mid QB next season (like Jimmy G), drafts a flyer QB and then let's Love and Jimmy fight for the starting role for a year to see if there's any hope for Love or not (unlikely).

Maybe I'm ridiculous, but I don't care.

My most preferred landing place for him, so I can hate him without reserve.
Yeah, I'm good with the veteran QB in place of an early round draft choice too. I was actually for the most part impressed with what I saw from Jordan Love this season. Everyone gave him crap for the KC game, but fact is, they were shutting down everyone around that time. Very tough environment to come into for your very first start. If he can be above average and have a clutch gene, which Rodgers obviously did not have other than a couple crazy awesome plays in 2015-2016, then I think the Packers are still in great position long term.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:11 PM   #896
Blue Crack Addict

A veteran would be the way to go this year at least, with the draft not a particularly strong one for QBs.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:13 PM   #897
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
A veteran would be the way to go this year at least, with the draft not a particularly strong one for QBs.
I'm more about them getting a veteran that wouldn't actually create a controversy though. One that is for sure a true backup. Give Love the keys and see what he can do.
Old 01-25-2022, 12:35 PM   #898
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
My thought as well, though I'd obviously be happy to find a surprise if there is one to be found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
I'm more about them getting a veteran that wouldn't actually create a controversy though. One that is for sure a true backup. Give Love the keys and see what he can do.
I just can't agree here at all. What have you seen from Love in any of his starts that inspires so much confidence?

I'd much rather he have competition and if he earns the job, great!
Old 01-25-2022, 01:05 PM   #899
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
My thought as well, though I'd obviously be happy to find a surprise if there is one to be found.

I just can't agree here at all. What have you seen from Love in any of his starts that inspires so much confidence?

I'd much rather he have competition and if he earns the job, great!
The Detroit game specifically, he looked a lot more poised until the very end where he had to try to force one (and did make a bad throw).

Even in the KC game, the kid hung in there and did lead a TD drive towards the end and never saw that ball again after that.

Looking beyond the numbers and Win/Loss column when he was in there, his mechanics looked good. Much quicker release than when he was in college. That will help him improve his accuracy from Year 2 to Year 3. Seemed to have a good grip on the offense. Check downs, audibles, all went smooth. Footwork in the pocket could still use a little work, but that definitely improved in the Detroit game compared to KC where they were in his face every play.

Have I seen anything that tells me he's the next Rodgers or Favre? Not yet, but he's definitely an NFL QB with a really good QB centered Head Coach and a GM that is very good at bringing in talent.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:12 PM   #900
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
maybe they can trade him to the Jets.
Hell, anything's possible. These kids don't even remember 2008.

Closed Thread