NFL Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron Rodgers says fans watched Packers-49ers game to root against him because he’s not vaccinated

giphy.gif

LOL there are plenty of unvaccinated players I root for on my own shitty team. I don't care that Throw Rogan isn't vaccinated, I care that he endangered people by lying about his status and because he pushes dangerous GQP propaganda. I also dislike the guy because he's a petty, selfish diva who can't justify it in games that matter and is given a scapegoat each time for his failings. None of that is directly related to his political views.

Last edited:
This is the part I find worrying, but yeah, totally willing to give him another year or so to figure it out.

Yeah and most young QB's struggle with footwork. It's usually the last thing to develop. Even if you watch Rodgers in 08/09, it was still coming along.

LOL there are plenty of unvaccinated players I root for on my own shitty team. I don't care that Throw Rogan isn't vaccinated, I care that he endangered people by lying about his status and because he pushes dangerous GQP propaganda. I also dislike the guy because he's a petty, selfish diva who can't justify it in games that matter and is given a scapegoat each time for his failings. None of that is directly related to his political views.

Throw Rogan

UnluckySmartChickadee-size_restricted.gif

The crazy part is, even though I consider myself left, I agree with Rodgers on a couple of his statements, specifically cancel culture, which I do agree has gotten out of control.

But I feel like he lost his platform when he wasn't straightforward with the media when they asked him if he was vaccinated. That was his opportunity to use his platform and even say "I'm allergic to a component of the vaccine". He didn't take that opportunity and because of that I agree that he deserved a lot of flack.

Yeah, it's not about him being unvaxxed, it's about his deceit in the matter, and apparently not following the protocols for unvaxxed players.

Yeah and most young QB's struggle with footwork. It's usually the last thing to develop. Even if you watch Rodgers in 08/09, it was still coming along.
What's really concerning is when you see footwork and throwing mechanics regress over time. That happened to Baker Mayfield this year. He is seemingly incapable of standing upright in the pocket at this point and constantly drifts off to his left. This leads to sacks and poor accuracy. This has always been an issue for Baker, but I'm not sure it's ever been worse than that Packers game.

I watch a lot of film analysis for quarterbacks and I thought this video on Baker and the importance of footwork was extremely interesting:

https://youtu.be/RWNQiQOIG0A

Some relevant time stamps: 3:40, 8:15, 10:45, 20:40, 28:23

Even when it works out, like 14:22, you can see how difficult he makes things for himself. Again, I'm not 100% sure why he's still having games this bad, but it's something you want to prevent from happening to Jordan Love. Keep his pocket clean for the most part and he will develop in the psychological aspects of the game.

Joe Burrow seriously has incredible mental fortitude at his age for continuing to play his game despite a lack of protection from his OL. He's going to be really special if they can keep him healthy in Cincinnati.

Last edited:
I know I could just ask you this, but I thought some people in the thread would be interested too, has that person done a video on Jordan Love?

What's really concerning is when you see footwork and throwing mechanics regress over time. That happened to Baker Mayfield this year. He is seemingly incapable of standing upright in the pocket at this point and constantly drifts off to his left. This leads to sacks and poor accuracy. This has always been an issue for Baker, but I'm not sure it's ever been worse than that Packers game.

I watch a lot of film analysis for quarterbacks and I thought this video on Baker and the importance of footwork was extremely interesting:

https://youtu.be/RWNQiQOIG0A

Some relevant time stamps: 3:40, 8:15, 10:45, 20:40, 28:23

Even when it works out, like 14:22, you can see how difficult he makes things for himself. Again, I'm not 100% sure why he's still having games this bad, but it's something you want to prevent from happening to Jordan Love. Keep his pocket clean for the most part and he will develop in the psychological aspects of the game.

Joe Burrow seriously has incredible mental fortitude at his age for continuing to play his game despite a lack of protection from his OL. He's going to be really special if they can keep him healthy in Cincinnati.

Really good video. And I agree with your point about keeping the pocket clean for Love. I think the stage is definitely set for him to have success. At the core, MLF is a run first coach that sets up open WR's with playaction and via routes. Has a phenomenal OL too.

Should be interesting for sure!

Yeah, it's not about him being unvaxxed, it's about his deceit in the matter, and apparently not following the protocols for unvaxxed players.

right - it's because he lied, didn't follow protocols, and when called on it he responded like an entitled, arrogant douchebag.

ohhhh joe rogan told you what to do so that's why you didn't follow the protocols the league put in place. great.

if he would have said from jump street that he can't be vaccinated because he has an allergy then people wouldn't have been as hard on him.

so once again someone is complaining about cancel culture instead of owning up to their own shitty behavior.

right - it's because he lied, didn't follow protocols, and when called on it he responded like an entitled, arrogant douchebag.

ohhhh joe rogan told you what to do so that's why you didn't follow the protocols the league put in place. great.

if he would have said from jump street that he can't be vaccinated because he has an allergy then people wouldn't have been as hard on him.

so once again someone is complaining about cancel culture instead of owning up to their own shitty behavior.

That's why I still think the best joke from Saturday night was that Aaron Rodgers was surrounded by snowflakes and got cancelled.

I'm not saying he had a bad year, that would be stupid, but seeing a dip in talent this year had me convinced he wouldn't come back. I don't think he'd want to risk a bad season.

Oh not official now. Man, if Brady purposely did this to troll Schefter, I’d hate him just a little less.

but seeing a dip in talent this year .

A dip this year? Seriously?
5,316 passing yards (led NFL), 2nd most in his career (yes there was an added game, but the 312 yards/game is also 2nd most in his career)
43 TD passes (led NFL), 2nd most in his career
67.5 comp pct (2nd best in his career, I'm seeing a trend)
2nd in all pro voting to Toe Rogan (and likely 2nd in MVP voting to Throw Rogan)

I don't see a dip at all.
In fact, it's probably his 2nd or 3rd best season as a passer, and let's not overlook that as stacked as that offense was in September, it was far from stacked down the stretch.

As for the retirement. He's pissed that word got leaked, the person who leaked it is looking for employment, and he's now considering playing next year just out of spite. But the Arians factor will likely ultimately still cause him to retire. He can't stand Arians, and if Leftwich leaves, Arians claims he'll go back to play calling and Brady will be out of there.

A dip this year? Seriously?
5,316 passing yards (led NFL), 2nd most in his career (yes there was an added game, but the 312 yards/game is also 2nd most in his career)
43 TD passes (led NFL), 2nd most in his career
67.5 comp pct (2nd best in his career, I'm seeing a trend)
2nd in all pro voting to Toe Rogan (and likely 2nd in MVP voting to Throw Rogan)

I don't see a dip at all.
In fact, it's probably his 2nd or 3rd best season as a passer, and let's not overlook that as stacked as that offense was in September, it was far from stacked down the stretch.

As for the retirement. He's pissed that word got leaked, the person who leaked it is looking for employment, and he's now considering playing next year just out of spite. But the Arians factor will likely ultimately still cause him to retire. He can't stand Arians, and if Leftwich leaves, Arians claims he'll go back to play calling and Brady will be out of there.

Eh, not going to fight about Tom Brady again, that might be the single most boring thing that happens in this forum. I didn't know the stats, thanks for sharing them, it definitely does surprise me to see them compared to what I saw in the handful of games I watched, where his performance didn't seem anywhere near as impressive as other years.

But yes, absolutely the "retraction" is coming from being angry about the leak. He'll still retire.

There were a few more games this year than usual where Brady failed to elevate his team or was all around lackluster. We kept him in check, Indy and NE made him look average, the Rams had him locked down for 3 quarters and he was awful against the Saints.

He threw an astounding 42(!) times a game this season and his QB rating was inflated by a few games where he was absolutely incredible (Miami, Carolina, Atlanta). It definitely was a dip from last season though in terms of consistency. It was not the kind of season that should make a QB want to retire, but I'm not surprised that he's tired. 42 passes a game is stupid.

When comparing 2020 and 2021 stats, you also have to take into account that he was starting fresh with a new system. As a result, he had a somewhat slow start, though he wasn't bad in the first few weeks. In fact, it was quite impressive how well he performed. He had one really awful game against the Saints later in the season but was mostly very good last year.

Last edited:
I wonder if Brady was pissed because he wanted to give his own speech in which he passes the torch to Jordan Love.

Overtime rules are still awful and this game doesn’t prove an argument in the other direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom