NFL Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that all escalated quickly.

Russell Wilson looked like garbage yesterday and probably shouldn’t have come back so soon in a completely lost season.

That said, the Packers defense looked amazing.

Awesome top to bottom road win for WTF today after beating Brady last week. Heinicke isn't great but he's nails.

[TWEET]1462520983978266627[/TWEET]

Update. Ended up losing because Prescott totally shit the bed.
I ended up winning a shit week by a margin of 96.5 - 96.14 in my work league because my opponent had Prescott.

I almost lost. They also had Ekeler. I went into Sunday night with a very comfortable lead. Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

That Bill B in New England is a pretty good coach.

If Ravens lose tonight NE is #1 seed in AFC. Even if Bill wasn’t the coach who wants to play in New England during winter ??

Maybe see Bill vs TB12 in Superb owl ?

That Bill B in New England is a pretty good coach.

If Ravens lose tonight NE is #1 seed in AFC. Even if Bill wasn’t the coach who wants to play in New England during winter ??

Maybe see Bill vs TB12 in Superb owl ?

The AFC is certainly wide open enough this year that anything can happen. They are definitely part of the conversation...

...even if my fellow Pats fan Hewson flatly rejected this possibility before. :wink:

What happened after the refs took that TD from Logan Thomas is a moot point IMO and the result was the same in the end.

Great play from Kendall Fuller too, strongly reminiscent of every Patriot fan's favorite goal line stand.

That ruling on the onside kick was lame. Didn’t impact the play at all, not even sure it should be a rule but I’m open to any better explanation than they were giving last night.

Explanation is simple. Guy lined up in a place he's not allowed under the current (stupid) rules they implemented a few years back for "player safety" which have rendered the onside kick nearly impossible.

In essence what happened is the guy lined up inside the hash marks leaving only one player between the hashes and numbers, rule says you have to have at least 2 between hashes and numbers as well as at least 2 between numbers and sidelines.

Last edited:
I would be fine with kickoffs being eliminated at this point and just start the offense at the 25. Maybe for an onside kick option, give the "kicking team" the option to convert a 25 yard play from their own 35 and the "receiving team" gets the ball wherever that play ends if the "kicking team" doesn't convert it. I'd much rather watch something like that.

Oh, and adopt College OT rules.

Oh and one more thing, FFS get rid of the taunting penalties and maybe let the players tackle the QB's if their entire body weight is coming at the QB as they get rid of the ball.

I would be fine with kickoffs being eliminated at this point and just start the offense at the 25. Maybe for an onside kick option, give the "kicking team" the option to convert a 25 yard play from their own 35 and the "receiving team" gets the ball wherever that play ends if the "kicking team" doesn't convert it. I'd much rather watch something like that.

Oh, and adopt College OT rules.

Oh and one more thing, FFS get rid of the taunting penalties and maybe let the players tackle the QB's if their entire body weight is coming at the QB as they get rid of the ball.

One thing I liked about XFL 2.0 was how they handled kickoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom