NFL Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that division is missing is the Jets.

I’m no pro scout but I think I could’ve told you Zach Wilson wasn’t NFL-worthy. He had a Heisman campaign in his favor to inflate his status with the rest of the NCAA’s good-but-not-great QBs. He’s just like our Dillon Gabriel. A competitor, a leader, and talented, but not a top pick.

Very Jets Sanchize pick though.

Darnold is a classic example of buying low from a shit franchise. Plenty of teams have poached our players and found success with them on the cheap.

Wilson certainly has talent, but so did Ryan Leaf and Jeff George and any number of high draft picks. Getting drafted by the Jets is not usually the best situation. Of course its a new regime there. but there's a dark cloud hanging over the franchise, especially the QB position. I mean Sunshine Bass contemplated staying at Clemson until the Jags fell behind the Jets in the standings last year.

As a fan of Zach Wilson in college, I was really really REALLY hoping he would drop to the 49ers at # 3, knowing he was likely screwed going to the Jets, regardless if he has what it takes or not to make it in the NFL.

That said, I’ll give him a full season or two to decide if he’s a bust or not. He has some elite arm talent if he can figure the other stuff out

This is why I still think the best thing to do with MOST rookie QB's is to have them sit one year.

Did the Chargers actually just choose to score a TD on 1st and goal with 30 seconds left tied against the Chiefs and then miss a PAT? Golden. I hope they lose now.

ladies and gentlemen, the detroit lions.

JXzL4K2.jpg

Anyone who thinks Justin Tucker’s ability to kick a 66-yard FG and Baltimore’s willingness to let him try equates to a scenario that is <0.1% likely is wrong.

Another good example of how sports win-o-meters are dumb. Dolphins down by 1 score 8 points) with the ball and 2 minutes at mid field with a timeout remaining and you mean to tell me they have a 3.7% chance of winning that game?

Dumb.

Another good example of how sports win-o-meters are dumb. Dolphins down by 1 score 8 points) with the ball and 2 minutes at mid field with a timeout remaining and you mean to tell me they have a 3.7% chance of winning that game?

Dumb.

i would say yes probably at least 95% of the time that team does not score a touchdown and a two point conversion to tie the game in that particular situation.

i would say yes probably at least 95% of the time that team does not score a touchdown and a two point conversion to tie the game in that particular situation.

When the last sample was taken from Yahoo (which I was citing) the Dolphins were somewhere at the opposing 30. At that range, there’s some 30-40% chance the drive results in a touchdown from 1st down. There’s a subsequent 50% chance of conversion for the extra points. Beyond that, OT has a 50% chance of victory.

Pen and paper there, thats 7.5-10%. I can believe that Tucker’s kick can bust a computer model since it was record breaking and a model might limit FG range to kicker’s range or what have you.

If there’s biasing involved in the model from pre-game favorites, I already don’t like the model. That overreaches.

Ahhhhh shit. I love it so much. Starting to feel this season now. There was so much weirdness it was hard to get into things but now it feels more normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom