NFL Thread III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curtis Samuel for 11 million let's go [emoji91][emoji91]

Go get Jared Cook or one of the top TEs in the draft to pair with Logan Thomas and we have have a ton of weapons for Fitzpatrick to choose from.

Curtis Samuel for 11 million let's go [emoji91][emoji91]

Go get Jared Cook or one of the top TEs in the draft to pair with Logan Thomas and we have have a ton of weapons for Fitzpatrick to choose from.

Samuel was one player I would have liked the Packers to get, but not at 11 million obviously. Washington is going to have some good weapons next year for once.

This off season has been a disaster for Chicago so far, Kirk Cousins just got paid 33 million today, and Jared Goff is the starting QB for Detroit. Losing in the NFC Championship for the 3rd straight season looks like a real possibility for Green Bay!

So Deshaun Watson is a creep. Didn't see that coming but also I'm now glad the Bears didn't trade a million picks for him. He can waste away in Houston.

I wonder if Houston knew this was coming and that's why they said he wasn't available for trade. I know conventional wisdom would say they should have quickly unloaded him before this all came out but that would have been low and they'd literally never have a trade partner again.

Dolphins fleeced the Niners. then flipped next year's first rounder (not sure yet if its theirs or the NIners) to the Eagles to jump back to 6 from 12.
In essence Miami traded the #3 pick for the #6 pick, a 3rd rounder this year and a 2023 first rounder.
That's some good maneuvering.
They seem like their staying with Tua, and everyone was projecting Jamarr Chase at 3, he might still be there at 6 now that SF looks to be drafting a QB at 3, if not they would still have their choice of Bama WRs at 6.

Summing up the trading of picks for assets over the last couple year...Dolphins good, Texans very bad.

Only thing that stinks about the otherwise great trade is they could miss out on DeVonta Smith, which would be a super cool addition to develop alongside Tua. Hopefully they can still land him.

Who would’ve thought Laremy Tunsil was so valuable...

Only thing that stinks about the otherwise great trade is they could miss out on DeVonta Smith, which would be a super cool addition to develop alongside Tua. Hopefully they can still land him.

Who would’ve thought Laremy Tunsil was so valuable...

Highly doubtful Smith is off the board at 6.

Likely draft scenario:

1. Jags: Ronnie Sunshine Bass QB
2. Jets: QB (likely Zach Wilson)
3. 49ers: QB (Fields or Lance)
4. Falcons: Possibly the remaining QB, Possibly a defender
5. Bengals OT Sewell or Slater
6. Fish: Choice of any of the top 3 wideouts or TE Pitts

Either way, at least 2 of Chase, Smith and Waddle will be available at 6, very likely all 3.
I think we will see QBs taken with the first 4 picks...and likely at least 2 teams getting a bust (or at least a guy who never lives up to his draft position)

On another note, this isn’t so good for the Patriots if they were targeting one of the top four QBs.

Its exactly what Belichick wanted to happen.
He's planning to get Garoppolo back, and while the Niners say they are keeping him, that's probably a smoke screen.

He would have to be cut by the Niners. The Pats are not going to want to take on that salary, especially with all the spending they have done.

The roster is set up for a rookie QB contract.

We can only hope Atlanta passes on replacing Ryan and Fields or Lance falls to Detroit at 7. That’s their best shot at a trade up.

So I haven’t been on Facebook in a while...

View attachment 12837

giphy.gif

I can’t feel bad for Packer fans. They’ve had a HOF QB at the helm for probably longer than LN7 has been alive

I can’t feel bad for Packer fans. They’ve had a HOF QB at the helm for probably longer than LN7 has been alive

Oh yeah don't feel bad for us at all. If Jordan Love is the real deal, and I think he is, this is a necessary evil. And I've never been a big fan of Rodgers' personality, so I saw this coming from a mile away. Everyone will say the Packers are so stupid and fucked this up just like 2008 but then we'll have another great QB for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom