NFL Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You play the games in front of you.
Undefeated 49ers have played TB, CIN, PIT (Without Roethlisberger) and CLE (after a bye), and nobody is questioning their schedule.
Buffalo (4-1) is a more formidable opponent than any of those, and the Pats played a full strength Steelers squad who many predicted to win the AFC North and beat them 33-3. But yeah, weakest schedule in history of the universe.

You mean the 4-1 Bills, who have played the Jets, the Giants, the Bengals, and the titans?

Definitely the same as having to play TB and and Cleveland.

New England has six gimme division games, no meandering around that. They got the redskins, giants, and browns. Any reasonable estimate says they were awarded with an automatic 8-1 or 9-0 there.

I’m not sure how you can think that’s comparable (but then again I’m the champion of really bad pick em).

I'm not claiming they play murderer's row. But the league basically sucks aside from a handful of teams, so when it all shakes out, you'll be able to say most playoff teams played a soft-ish schedule. KC will get the Raiders and Broncos twice. Dallas & Philly will each get the Giants twice,, Redskins twice, Jets and Dolphins amongst others. N'awlins will get TB and ATL twice. Parity is a thing of the past, its a league of about 8 haves and 24 have nots.

But as for the division, Miami is tanking and sucks, no doubt. Buffalo has a top 5 defense in the league, probably a playoff team. The Jets...well they're the Jets, many thought they'd be competitive this year but overlooked the fact that they hired Adam Gase. Darnold getting Mono derailed any shot they had at a decent season (meaning 7 or 8 wins).

And weren't the Browns expected to be good this season? They have reverted to Browns level status but they are loaded with talent, but like the Jets made a foolish coaching hire in Freddie Kittens.

it's really one of the most LOLphins things ever to plan to deliberately tank at the start of the season for the #1 pick but then it turns out that the rest of the league is historically bad too.

How effective will Harry be and will Brady even look to him is the question.
They can start practicing this week and return in week 9, I believe, Harry if healthy would help a lot on the outside.

Wow these refs are so awful tonight.

Illegal hands to the shoulder is my new favorite penalty. I mean, it happened twice in a quarter, so it must be a rule change, right?

Last edited:
Well we know Washington wanted him over Haskins at 15.

There's a second team that was rumored but never named. Cincinnati and Jacksonville are the only ones that made sense - and if they really thought Jacksonville was in on him, then it made sense to grab him when they did.
An AFC team who will likely be drafting a QB in 2020, but not one of the two you named.

The Seahawks look like hot trash today both offensively and defensively. I kinda thought they had a shot at a wild card until today. That’s two losses at home now. Yuck.

al michaels literally just called the dallas cowboys "god's team"

and people wonder why i hate it when the eagles play the sunday night NBC game

Yeah, I expected them to end up going for it after the 2nd declined penalty to really stick it to "Brain genius" Adam Gase, but I don't think Bill hates him...had it been Eric Mangenius at the Jets' helm, different story.

Screw Adam Gase. There’s nothing I love more than how, despite how the dolphins are an embarrassing football franchise, the Jets are always there to sweep up our sloppy seconds.

Turns out blowing six straight drafts has some consequences.

Thankfully it’s not as difficult to right the ship as it used to be. Ted Thompson absolutely shit the bed in drafts and ignored free agency this decade, but now the Packers are in year 2 of the new regime and are seeing good returns so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom