NFL Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We both did lol. Probably long road trip + fear of Kyler magic being greater than Tua magic (which almost happened)

Yes it's a long trip, the Dolphins D was probably tired after last week, going up against I believe the #1 ranked offense in AZ? Then the Dolphins lost a few assistant coaches to COVID-19.

So they went to Arizona without some coaches and beat a high powered team coming off its bye. I guess I can't say "same old Dolphins" now.

I knew when they drafted Tua it wouldn’t be the same old dolphins. Tua is a winner. I’m fr more afraid of injury for him.

It’s very easy to see after yesterday how they could win any game against there division.

But also yesterday was just order in chaos. Philly couldn’t just “run away with it” right???
I mean... I'm in no way saying the Giants are good. But they're getting better each week, and short or the 49ers game they've been in every game against a pretty good schedule.

They either had the lead in the 4th quarter or were within one score in the 4th in 6 of their 7 loses.

Six wins might be enough to win the division. Seriously. Six.

It's not a stretch whatsoever that the Eagles win the division because of their tie at a record of 6-9-1.

2020, what a year.

Side note - everyone knows the NFC East sucks but if you just look at the standings it's pretty clear that the entire nfc sucks, not just the East.

2020, what a year.

Side note - everyone knows the NFC East sucks but if you just look at the standings it's pretty clear that the entire nfc sucks, not just the East.

But this isn’t the first time we’ve had this discussion about the NFC East. It’s every year lol.

Reminds me of the Key and Peele skit where Jordan Peele doesn’t realize hes wowed by the continental breakfast every morning

Someone is enjoying this.

It’s not often that you get to watch the Patriots lose.

It’s not often that you get to watch Bill Bellyfuck’s piece of shit cheating Trumping self lose.

It’s not often the dolphins have an actual stake in the division while the patriots do not (not in my conscious life!!).

It’s not often you have great success with a deep sleeper pick at QB.

It’s also not often that you get to lol with unwavering confidence at Hewson and Headache every single week of a sports season in any sports league. Nana nana booboo stick ur heads in doodoo, bois.

Hell yeah im enjoying this.

Brady was only 22-11 vs Miami.

Miami was like 0-2 in the playoffs in years as a fan old enough to care

And yes believe me we relished in our strangely disproportionate ability to beat the Pats. Who could forget the miracle in Miami? Or the day Miami took the wildcat to foxy b.

But did you ever feel that hopeless? Pats went to more Super Bowls than Marino did. Probably had just as many playoff wins lol

Sure did, during the late 80s and early 90s. It wasn’t for as long of a stretch that you’ve gone through, but Marino won something like 10 division titles, so more often than not, the Pats had no chance.

But in the 90s the pats legit went to the super bowl. And in the 80s too. The dolphins needed to have Tom Brady go out for the season for the right to a first round exit lol

No doubt, but that was still a ten year gap with a lot of hopeless seasons.

I dunno man. I wasn’t consciously there so I can’t say, but just looking at the 90s I see 5 Super Bowls where the Bills or Pats represented the AFC and of course zero for the dolphins. I just don’t see how the situations are comparable.

Pardon me for saying this but I think you’re so accustomed to the last 20 years that you actually believe a ten year gap of super bowl appearances is somehow a bad thing.

I agree it’s not quite as long, so it’s not an exact comparison, but trust me, there were definitely some hopeless years there. They were baaaadddd.

Certainly feeling that way again this year, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom