NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waterloo!

Couldn't escape if I wanted to!

Rooting for the Steelers, but for the Jets to make it more interesting in the second half.

edit- and that just happened

That's my quarterback.

terrell_owens_crying.jpg

Disappointing shit, today. And a very bizarre situation with Cutler.

Now, here's the thing.

It's quite simple, really.

Personally, I'm going to stand by the guy. And defend him. And cheer for him. He's the most talented QB the franchise has ever had. He had a good year, got us to the conference title game behind a mediocre O-line and with a mediocre receiving corps. Very unfortunate what happened today, but I'm going to put that behind me and move forward.

As for the majority of Chicago fans, though? It's simple.

Jay Cutler: Go win a Super Bowl or else you go down as the biggest goat in the history of the city. Steve Bartman, you're off the hook.

Win a Super Bowl. This is it. Jay, if you don't win a Super Bowl before your contract is up, you are completely fucked and are public enemy #1 in one of the biggest sports cities in the world. He won't be able to show his face. He won't be able to buy a pack of smokes. He won't be able to walk down the street. Cutler can never live this down, unless we soon see a picture of him smiling and holding the Lombardi trophy.

Do I think he can win a Super Bowl? Absofuckinglutely. The Bears will be in position for another playoff run next year. Matt Forte, Devin Hester, and that defense aren't going anywhere.

He just makes himself such an easy target, which is frustrating. His demeanor is open for ridicule. He's a smart guy, and is perfectly aware that standing on the sidelines during the second half of the NFC title game is only going to add fuel to the fire. He knows that he's not the most liked guy in the sporting world, already. And then he goes and does this shit today.

Vexing, for certain. I am vexed. Confused. And half drunk on caffeine.

But he's going to get a chance to bounce back from this. Go win the big one. And I pray he does. Shut everybody else up. And shut me up.

1-10-PIT 1(7:44) B.Roethlisberger Aborted. [] FUMBLES at PIT 0, recovered by PIT-B.Roethlisberger at PIT -1. B.Roethlisberger tackled in End Zone, SAFETY.

From NFL.com's official summary

headache said:
Still don't believe they were the best team the league... I believe they were the best team at the right time, and that's the only thing that matters.

Or perhaps they were one of the best teams in the league simply shaken up by injury.

Eh, Green Bay is like all the other top teams this year -- very talented, but they still have some major weaknesses (specifically, inability to run the ball late in the game, and also some problems protecting Rodgers).

Another classic title game performance from LessDanian Tomless-on.
Don't know why the Jets had him in the game late instead of Greene. Dude goes down at first contact. If Greene's in on 4th and goal we might have had OT.

LuckyNumber7 said:
Or perhaps they were one of the best teams in the league simply shaken up by injury.

Perhaps, but I disagree.

The NFL is so even right now that it doesn't matter who has the most talent, or who has the best stats... it matters who executes when it matters the most. Clearly that was pittsburgh and green bay, and they deserve to be going to dallas.

It took him a while to earn back my respect after this:

capers.jpg

But holy shit that secondary is awesome.

Yeah, I remember it looked like he fell asleep at one point. :lol: And that secondary just got eaten alive by Warner and Fitzgerald in that game. They were (usually) good last year, but the defense really started playing at a championship level this year. I wouldn't have thought that would be possible, considering that they're using their backup ILB (Bishop), 3rd string FS (Peprah), 4th string OLB (Walden) and an undrafted rookie CB (Shields). Williams, Matthews, Jenkins, Hawk and Raji have all taken their game to another level this year.

Ok, am I losing my mind, or did Hanie have a really bad moustache during the game that he shaved before post-game interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom