NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are US sports fans to do with the lockout and the possability of an NBA labour stoppage coming up as well?

well... if the doomsday scenario were to happen, baseball runs through the end of october, and then college basketball season kicks off, mixed in with college football bowl season.

so there will be plenty of options available. turning to hockey won't be necessary, thank god.

i highly doubt the NBA will go out... the players union is notoriously weak.

I'm really happy about the potential for an NBA lockout because fuck the NBA.

And hey, if it benefits baseball, I'm cool with it.

Well I guess but I mean the end of baseball > the start of basketball anyways, no?

What I could really see is if a full NBA season isn't played a real hunger for sports could make people anticipate the start of the following baseball season even more.

Doesn't the beginning of the season line up with Finals too? (Looking ahead a year of course).

I believe you were looking for this?

haters_gonna_hate.gif

Indeed... now all we need is for someone to photoshop Bono's head on that gif with the glasses and all and stick it in the Why Does Everybody Hate Bono? thread.

While Nascar, MLS, strong man competition and poker ratings may climb if both the NFL and NBA were to skip a season, the NHL's ratings would in all likelihood continue to plummet in the U.S.

If the NFL skips this fall, they gotta get more Spanish soccer matches on TV. We'd get to watch Lionel Messi dribble through 10 players and a bunch of other guys performing their best swan dives every week.

Well, if we have football next season, it will apparently be flag football.
You can no longer hit:
• QB in act of throwing
• Receiver trying to catch pass
• Runner in grasp with forward progress stopped
• Player fielding punt or kickoff
• Kicker or punter during kick
• QB after change of possession
• Receiver who receives blind-side block
• Player already on ground
Or you'll be suspended.

• QB in act of throwing
• Receiver trying to catch pass
• Runner in grasp with forward progress stopped
• Player fielding punt or kickoff
• Kicker or punter during kick
• QB after change of possession
• Receiver who receives blind-side block
• Player already on ground

The first four are utter bullshit. God forbid these players should actually have to earn part of their exorbitant paycheck.

I can't believe how badly Goodell has sucked at his job yet managed to keep it.

I guess, ultimately, the owners don't care as long as the money's rolling in.

Are they doing this to get back at the players? They were complaining about the dangers of an 18 game season, so now they're taking out the danger in the most asinine way possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom