NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my favorite part of the jets steelers game was at the end when rashard mendenhall used his own body to keep people from trying to fall on top of rothlisberger and potentialy hurt him... to which i said something akin to

"i really like this mendenhall guy, using his own body to protect ben's like that. he's a classy gu.. oh look... he's fucking him in the butt"

Jay Cutler:

1. Was probably legitimately injured.
2. Just isn't too good at quarterback.
3. Wasn't he traded from Denver because he was a huge douche?

I agree with much of this:

Jay Cutler Is Not A Quitter, He's A Victim Of The NFL's Moron Soap Opera - SBNation.com

I've bashed the hell out of Cutler all year because he's a careless QB with a terrible attitude, one he's had since his Denver days. However, the bigger idiot in Chicago is Lovie Smith for essentially IRing his first and second string QBs in favor of a man who hadn't played a down in the NFL (in the NFC championship game, no less). If they could secure, say, Cowher, I dunno, I think the Bears could be fucking scary. As it is, they're not particularly well coached and lack offensive talent. I'm surprised they made it as far as they did.

I'm surprised they made it as far as they did.
Let's be honest, they had a lot of help. The two Lions wins were kind of farces, plus they got the Eagles' pathetic backup secondary. Then they got Seattle in the divisional round.

I know I like to say the Eagles fell ass backwards into the NFC Championship in 2008, but that's nothing compared to what the Bears did this year.

Nothing changes my opinion of jay cutler. He should have to be dragged off that field.

On to other issues... I understand the stupidity of putting your third string qb in the game with 18 seconds left in the third quarter... but that's a silly rule and the nfl should get rid of it.

Did anyone else think, before haine did well, that chicago should just put hester back there and run the wildcat?

PhilsFan said:
Let's be honest, they had a lot of help. The two Lions wins were kind of farces, plus they got the Eagles' pathetic backup secondary. Then they got Seattle in the divisional round.

I know I like to say the Eagles fell ass backwards into the NFC Championship in 2008, but that's nothing compared to what the Bears did this year.

And yet there they were with the ball in the hands of their 5th string punter with a chance to tie the game late in the 4th

Welcome to the nfl in the era of parity.

The word out of Chicago is that Cutler tore his MCL.

Now they say sprain:
NFL playoffs: Chicago Bears' Jay Cutler suffered MCL sprain vs. Green Bay Packers - ESPN Chicago
Bears' Jay Cutler has knee sprain

CHICAGO -- Jay Cutler did have a knee injury, the team announced on Monday, despite what critics have said.

Whether he was really hurt and whether he should have played anyway was hotly debated after the Bears quarterback left in the third quarter of a 21-14 loss to the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship Game on Sunday.

Bears coach Lovie Smith said Monday afternoon that Cutler suffered a sprain of the medial collateral liagament in his left knee. The diagnosis was arrived at after Cutler underwent an MRI.

"MCL sprain. That's what the injury was," Smith said."We knew that. We had an idea at the time that that's what it was, and that's what we're saying now.

"If things had gone our way and we had made it to the Super Bowl, it would have been questionable if he could have gone in."

In the aftermath of the Bears' loss, even Chicago legend Mike Ditka had wondered about the injury, while teammate Brian Urlacher vehemently defended the QB.

"I don't know if anybody can play the game when they're not 100 percent or not well," Ditka said on "Mike & Mike In The Morning" on ESPN Radio. "I can't speak for Jay Cutler. I can't speak for anybody.

"Myself, I would have had to have been paralyzed to come out of the game. I don't want to say that word. I would have had to be completely knocked out to come out of that football game."

Injury aside, Jay Cutler's NFC Championship Game showing proved he's not worthy of the Chicago Bears, writes Michael Wilbon. Story

The Bears were forced to play third-string quarterback Caleb Hanie after second-stringer Todd Collins was ineffective.

Cutler was shown standing on the sideline, prompting many to believe that he might not have been hurt that badly. He wasn't effective Sunday, completing 6 of 13 passes for 80 yards and an interception in the first half. He tried to play in the third quarter, but after a three-and-out series, he left and would not return. He finished with a passer rating of 31.8.

"Jay was hurt," Urlacher said. "I don't question his toughness. He's tough as hell. He's one of the toughest guys on our football team. He doesn't bitch. He doesn't complain when he gets hit. He goes out there and plays his ass off every Sunday. He practices every single day. So, no, we don't question his toughness."

Cutler tried to test the knee by riding a stationary bike on the sideline, where he remained throughout the game.

Smith said Monday that Cutler "wanted to go back in."

Shortly after the game, fans began calling sports talk shows to question Cutler's toughness. Urlacher was told that some players around the league were doing the same via Twitter.

Arizona's Darnell Dockett posted on his Twitter account: "If I'm on chicago team jay cutler has to wait till me and the team shower get dressed and leave before he comes in the locker room! #FACT."

Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew added his thoughts with tweets from his account saying: "All I'm saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee... I played the whole season on one..."

"Nothing like jealous people who are sitting home watching," Urlacher said. "Players around the league you said, right? Yeah, love jealous people when they're watching our game on TV while their season is over."

In a postgame show on Fox, Urlacher again defended his quarterback when told fans were critical.

"Who cares what they think?" he said. "That's my response to them. They are not playing in this game. Jay was hurt, obviously. There's no reason for him to be out there if he can't get it done. He was obviously hurt pretty bad or he would have played.

"For them to question his toughness is stupid to me."

Cutler said he injured his knee on the second-to-last series in the first half and then aggravated it on the next series.

"We gave it a go that first series [in the second half], but I really couldn't plant and throw," he said. "So they kind of pulled me.

"I was going to keep playing. But they made the decision that giving Todd a shot would better suit the team."

When told players were questioning him, Cutler said: "No comment on that."

Smith was surprised by how Cutler was being lambasted.

"I see it as the complete opposite of how it's being portrayed right now," he said Monday.

Sunday, Packers players were surprised Cutler didn't come back.

"You know if he doesn't come back it had to be serious, not to come back and play in this game," Charles Woodson said.

Bears center Olin Kreutz was not surprised, and he said he could see Cutler's leg shaking during a huddle in the second quarter.

"I didn't even think he was going to finish the half," Kreutz said. "When he came back to try it again, that amazed me. It was shaking right after he took the hit and walked back in the huddle. It was swinging like this [waving his hand back and forth].

"So I knew one of his ligaments probably went. I can't remember exactly what play it was. I know it was the second quarter. I remember him walking in the huddle, and I saw it shaking like this. I said, 'Ah, man.'"

Kreutz also shot back at Cutler's critics on Twitter.

"I don't know what somebody might have said, but that's just ignorance," Kreutz said. "They should turn that [expletive] Twitter off."

Smith said Sunday Cutler was disappointed.

"He was hurt, and he couldn't go," Smith said. "Trainers, doctors and all, they are the ones who really made that decision. As far as Jay he is like everyone else; he was disappointed he couldn't go out and play to help his team win."

Smith wasn't happy when asked again about Cutler not returning.

"He hurt his knee and he was out, all right? There's nothing else for me to tell you on that," Smith said. "I don't know exactly when it happened. He couldn't go, and we moved on. Let's go to some other questions, how about that?"

Bears receiver Rashied Davis also supported Cutler.

"You know yourself better than anybody, and Jay is a very tough guy. You've seen it," Davis said. "For him to go out of a game, something had to be wrong. I don't know what it is, but Jay is a pretty tough dude."

Ditka said that some of the criticism seemed too much and that Cutler must have been hurt pretty bad to miss such a big game.

"I don't know. I feel it's very unfortunate when the whole country comes out and says ... I get texts from people, I couldn't believe them. I said, 'You people are demented,' Ditka said on ESPN Radio.

"I don't think you can take yourself out of a game unless you're really hurt. A game of that significance for the Chicago Bears playing the Green Bay Packers for the chance of playing for the Lombardi Trophy. To me, that's pretty significant."

Cutler has been a lightning rod of controversy since coming over to the Bears in a trade with the Denver Broncos before the 2009 season. Cutler's first year with the Bears was disastrous as he threw 26 interceptions and Chicago finished 7-9.

But Cutler improved this season, despite an offensive line that yielded the most sacks in the NFL. And despite the constant battering he took, Cutler missed only one game after suffering a concussion.

On Monday, Smith said: "We don't have any problem with Jay Cutler and what he brings to the table."

i read your post.

i know what it's like to play with injuries and pain. not at that level, obviously, but i know enough. i know about waking up at 5 in the morning and spending an hour and a half in the trainers room just to be able to practice. i also know enough about sports and know enough about what other players have played with to know who's a vag and who's not. jay cutler? huge, giant vag.

even if it turns out that he has some sort of debilitating injury. still a vag. he pretty much came out of the game without much of a fight. you hear stories all the time about how teams have to take the helmet away from a guy to keep him from sneaking back out onto the field. the medical staff literally has to protect the player from himself, because his desire and will to win is so strong that he's willing to put his body through things that the body is not supposed to go through just to win the game.

that's not jay cutler. that's also not ladanian tomlinson, as has already been pointed out. the real LT, off the field activities aside, played a game with a torn pectoral muscle, forcing his arm to be tied in a harness behind his back. he had 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. i watched emmit smith run for 170 yards on the giants defense in a crucial game with a separated shoulder. brett favre? as nauseating as he can be, that was one tough motherfucker.

jay cutler? he's a huge, giant vag.

Listen, athlete or not, are you Jay Cutler? Was that your knee out there? Was that Maurice Jones Drew's knee out there? Was it Mark Schlereth's knee? Was it Deion Sanders knee? Was it Darnell Dockett's knee? Was it Kirk Morrison's knee? Was it Bruce Gradkowski's knee?

Who is to pass a judgement on Cutler's knee other than Jay Cutler himself, and the doctors who examined him?

That's funny that MJD, Kirk Morrison, or Bruce Gradkowski are even speaking. As if they've ever even played a playoff game. Or in 8 degree weather in the NFL. That's right, they can't. Because they've yet to go as far as Jay Cutler has gone.

Anyways, MOST important part is that Hanie did a better job than Cutler would've done anyways. So, Chicago fans have no reason to be bitching about it. Just like Steve Bartman didn't cost the Cubs a shot at the WS, Jay Cutler didn't cost the Bears a shot at the Superbowl.

If you wanna call him soft, fine. The fact is that you don't know what he went through. You dont know the extent of his injury, or how the weather affected it. You think you can relate, but you can't, because quite honestly nobody knows exactly what even happened. It seems to me that Jay Cutler made the decision that was best for the Bears. And it was the right decision. A hobbling Cutler vs. a healthy Hanie...

And on a side note, commend those who playing through injuries. Because you dont expect them to. Do not criticize those who dont. It's a 1-way thing in my opinion. (faking an injury or exaggerating an injury is another thing, that's a pussy move)

Listen, athlete or not, are you Jay Cutler? Was that your knee out there? Was that Maurice Jones Drew's knee out there? Was it Mark Schlereth's knee? Was it Deion Sanders knee? Was it Darnell Dockett's knee? Was it Kirk Morrison's knee? Was it Bruce Gradkowski's knee?

Who is to pass a judgement on Cutler's knee other than Jay Cutler himself, and the doctors who examined him?

That's funny that MJD, Kirk Morrison, or Bruce Gradkowski are even speaking. As if they've ever even played a playoff game. Or in 8 degree weather in the NFL. That's right, they can't. Because they've yet to go as far as Jay Cutler has gone.

Anyways, MOST important part is that Hanie did a better job than Cutler would've done anyways. So, Chicago fans have no reason to be bitching about it. Just like Steve Bartman didn't cost the Cubs a shot at the WS, Jay Cutler didn't cost the Bears a shot at the Superbowl.

If you wanna call him soft, fine. The fact is that you don't know what he went through. You dont know the extent of his injury, or how the weather affected it. You think you can relate, but you can't, because quite honestly nobody knows exactly what even happened. It seems to me that Jay Cutler made the decision that was best for the Bears. And it was the right decision. A hobbling Cutler vs. a healthy Hanie...

And on a side note, commend those who playing through injuries. Because you dont expect them to. Do not criticize those who dont. It's a 1-way thing in my opinion. (faking an injury or exaggerating an injury is another thing, that's a pussy move)

yea... he's soft and a super vag.

LuckyNumber7 said:
Says professional fan of football Headache in a Suitcase.

Yup. Says me.

Now I just so happened to have had this exact same injury. It was diagnosed 2 weeks after it occurred.

But you are right. Only jay cutler knows how hurt hew was in his own mind. As a coach I never question someone who claims injury, whether or not I believe the person is embellishing it or not, cause I have an intense desire to avoid lawsuits.

That said, every athlete responds to pain in different ways. Some need to be dragged off the field and will play thru anything... your brett favre's. Most will play thru a reasonable amount of normal pain but know when something happens that just doesn't feel right. Some are drama queens who roll around like they just got shot, only to make a miraculous recovery ten minutes later (see Pierce, Paul or Sanchez, Mark). And then there are those who call it a day at any sign of injury. Here is where jay cutler and ladanian tomlinson live... in the land of the super vag.

I hate Donovan McNabb and think he was a lazy piece of shit ... but even he played on a goddamn broken ankle.

Jay Cutler's definitely soft.

money.jpg

i'll be getting in on that.

Eh, the line for the actual Super Bowl game is usually pretty tough to beat. Prop bets are where the real money is.

In defense of Jay Cutler:

I suffered an MCL avulsion (similar injury) playing football in high school. I was able to walk off the field but I really couldn't drive on that leg. The next day my knee was the size of a basketball. I ended up getting arthroscopic surgery and missing six weeks of the season. It can be quite a serious injury.

Granted, I wasn't playing in the NFC Championship, but it was my senior season and I really wanted to play, but I couldn't go on that knee.

ESPN Poll: Which of these is the least likable person?

Jay Culter 45% (got hurt, not good with the media, throws interceptions)

Ben Roesthlisberger 34% (rapes/sexually assaults women)

Michael Vick 21% (kills dogs)

Really America? Really?

Look, generally speaking I find Culter a sullen douche but if he couldn't plant his foot because, well, his knee wasn't stable, then wtf is he supposed to do?

Oh and didn't MJD sit out the last 2 games of the season with a knee injury while Jacksonville was in a playoff hunt?

This irrational hate for Jay Culter is mind boggling.

Really America? Really?

Look, generally speaking I find Culter a sullen douche but if he couldn't plant his foot because, well, his knee wasn't stable, then wtf is he supposed to do?

Oh and didn't MJD sit out the last 2 games of the season with a knee injury while Jacksonville was in a playoff hunt?

Something of the sort. I never expected that from MJD, I thought he was as humble as they get. One to be talking though... considering Cutler's appeared in more games.

That poll is hilarious lol. What's even better is... you can pretty much reverse-rank that into season performances.

that says a lot right there, but then again i do believe it. A girl at work today wore her "Big Douche" jersey and all i could do is shake my head. I guess some women are attracted to a serial rapist. Big Douche needs to go buy a faster bike :sexywink:

After watching the J-E-T-S shutout the stealers in the second half last night, all i could do is think how sweet its going to be when Aaron Rogers throws 5 TD passes against them in Dallas.

don't read so much into the 2nd half yesterday... when teams have huge leads they tend to relax a little. it's human nature.

plus the first jets TD that started swinging the momentum a little happened because a steelers defender fell down.

not to mention that rodgers had a pretty shitty game after the first drive yesterday, and the packers needed a last minute defensive stop to prevent the bears 4th string punter from tying the game.

i think it'll be a very close game, probably more high scoring than most will think.

O J Simpson 14% (wears ugly ass Bruno Magli shoes)

Really America? Really?

It should also be noted that Michael Vick has tried and failed to kill humans within the last calendar year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom