NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the Jenkins signing. Eagles needed some DT talent bad, even if he's an injury risk. Bunkley was brutal, glad they dealt him to Cleveland.

Yeah. I realize my bias, but GB's offense is just scary.

This is who their elite QB gets to throw and hand off to:

Greg Jennings
Donald Driver
Jermichael Finley
James Jones
Jordy Nelson
Randall Cobb
Andrew Quarless

Ryan Grant
James Starks
John Kuhn
Alex Green

I'm particularly interested in what Green will bring to the offense. Sounds like he could be a good pass catcher out of the backfield.

Green is certainly intriguing, but probably a project. I expect to see Starks on 3rd downs. He has soft hands.

Yeah. I realize my bias, but GB's offense is just scary.

This is who their elite QB gets to throw to:

Randall Cobb

tex.jpg

Scary indeed!

Looks like Randy Moss is calling it a career.

One of my favorite football players ever. Period. Even though he played for teams that I really do not care for. Such an incredible talent. And he could talk shit with the best of them.

Still cannot believe that twenty teams passed on him in the first round in '98. Anybody with two eyes could see that he was going to be a fucking stud. Fuck you, Curtis Enis.

I remember thinking in 98, "How the hell is anyone ever going to cover this guy?" It didn't help that Green Bay's secondary was a shell of what it had been in 96 and 97 . . . But Moss could make any quarterback look good - hell, he made Jeff George look like a Pro Bowler. When the Pack passed on an opportunity to get him in 07, I was PISSED.

Ron Wolf always says that the one move he will always regret is drafting Vonnie Holliday instead of Randy Moss.

Was Wolf actually considering Moss at all? I didn't think they were all that close to taking him. Green Bay's D-line woes were pretty obvious in SB 32, so I don't think that anything other than defensive linemen was really on the first round board for the Pack.

Dude single handedly made me love football and was the reason I was a WR in my playing days.

He's one of the rare athletes I was pretty much in awe of, at least athletically. So good. Bummed to see him go but, yeah, he had a fantastic career.

It's a bit of a surprise, too. Obviously, he wasn't exacly spectacular last year. But the reports from recent weeks suggested he was in amazing shape and excited to play this season. I guess the offers just weren't there once the Jets opted for Plaxico.

Was Wolf actually considering Moss at all? I didn't think they were all that close to taking him. Green Bay's D-line woes were pretty obvious in SB 32, so I don't think that anything other than defensive linemen was really on the first round board for the Pack.

yeah, Wolf actually highly considered him but ended up erasing him from their draft board because of his character issues. agreed though, at draft time, all anyone could think of was getting gashed by Terrell Davis in the Superbowl.

It would have been a good move in retrospect. Following the mid-90's, Favre's receiving weapons were spotty at best. Freeman checked out after he got paid, Brooks was not what he once was, Chmura couldn't stay healthy and eventually retired, Terry Glenn turned out to be a bust, etc . . .

i'm surprised the Eagles didn't go for him, since they seem to be going for everyone else, lol!

It would have been a good move in retrospect. Following the mid-90's, Favre's receiving weapons were spotty at best. Freeman checked out after he got paid, Brooks was not what he once was, Chmura couldn't stay healthy and eventually retired, Terry Glenn turned out to be a bust, etc . . .

awww....Terry Glenn, what an awful experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom