NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived in Chicago for a few years. When those fans turn sour, and they inevitably do, GAF hangs strong. He's the most optimistic sports fan I know of, and that's saying something. I mean, to work yourself up over a guy like Roy Williams? Not everyone can do that.

It looks like you got Vince Young instead. I still think Favre could have been a decent backup if he swallowed his pride and took a low salary just to be part of a team. a huge "if" of course.

LOL. "Sorry Brett, but we'd rather have Vince Young."

OUCH :lol:

Brett would have to go for a pretty low price to interest any coaches. 40 year old backup QB with a shit work ethic can't sound overly attractive.

LOL. "Sorry Brett, but we'd rather have Vince Young."

OUCH :lol:

Brett would have to go for a pretty low price to interest any coaches. 40 year old backup QB with a shit work ethic can't sound overly attractive.

oh yeah. for sure. he'd have to take less than a million. i think if for some crazy reason he came back, it would be because someone gets hurt midway through the season.

The Dolphins are so pathetic.

Kyle Orton sure is no magician, but opting to go with Matt Moore and *sigh* Chad Henne for next season is going to be miserable unless one of them comes out with some magic.

And we haven't done much to improve our only strength in defense. So far, the only improvement has been Reggie Bush for Special Teams. The rest has been replacements, at best.

Looks like Ashante may be out now. That would be a mistake. You need 3 good cb's to beat Green Bay.

Ashanti you say?

ashanti-mug-shot.jpg

I'd love Asante Samuel in Miami.

Chris Bryan, who used to play AFL for Carlton, has just signed for the Jets. Best of luck to him, he has a booming kick.

Also: very glad to hear the CBA didn't fuck with the season. The AFL's players are battling for better pay as we speak.

mikal said:
It looks like you got Vince Young instead. I still think Favre could have been a decent backup if he swallowed his pride and took a low salary just to be part of a team. a huge "if" of course.

Two things make me laugh from this post.

First, the idea that Vince young will likely see action for Philadelphia this season.

Second, the idea that Brett Favre is capable of swallowing his pride and just be part of a team.

Hewson said:
So does Aaron Hernandez sell his jersey number to Ochocinco or does Chad Ochocinco have to change his name again...Chad Ochouno perhaps?

Looks like Hernandez gave it up free of charge cause he really wanted 81 anyways.

Great pickup by the Pats. Chad isn't the douche people seem to think he is because he talks so much. The guy brings it, and is an incredibly stand up guy.

Plus the Patriots have some extra cover at kicker if Gostkowski gets injured again.

I think he meant the AFL players are negotiating. Not the ones brought over to the NFL.

Ah, gotcha!:doh:

In other news, Packers' Cullen Jenkins just signed with the Eagles. We knew he was on his way out. While he could be a force at times, he had some serious injury problems the past few years. Plus, while he was excellent in Dom Capers' defense, he was certainly less so in Bon Sanders' D a few seasons back. Still, he's a huge talent if Philly knows how to use him and he can stay healthy.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Looks like Hernandez gave it up free of charge cause he really wanted 81 anyways.

Great pickup by the Pats. Chad isn't the douche people seem to think he is because he talks so much. The guy brings it, and is an incredibly stand up guy.

Agreed.

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
Ah, gotcha!:doh:

In other news, Packers' Cullen Jenkins just signed with the Eagles. We knew he was on his way out. While he could be a force at times, he had some serious injury problems the past few years. Plus, while he was excellent in Dom Capers' defense, he was certainly less so in Bon Sanders' D a few seasons back. Still, he's a huge talent if Philly knows how to use him and he can stay healthy.

The latter is the biggest problem. I'm glad the Packers didn't resign him. He never plays a full season. Watch out for Mike Neal as his replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom