NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm....then i really wouldn't blame Philly for picking up a veteran. if it's Favre, they should prepare for the baggage (mostly on the media's end), but it could end up being a wise move. i'm all for it!

But what would his price tag be? I can't see him dropping from $20 million to backup salary.

Everything is settled now; facilities open tomorrow. :up:

Perhaps the two week offseason won't offer the Skins enough time to fuck themselves beyond repair like always. But we'll likely work harder than ever to do so.

hmmm....then i really wouldn't blame Philly for picking up a veteran. if it's Favre, they should prepare for the baggage (mostly on the media's end), but it could end up being a wise move. i'm all for it!
How would it be a wise move in any way?

Hold up. With McNabb to the Vikings, does this mean that Grossman is in line for the Redskins starting QB job? LeMel, please tell me this is true.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Hold up. With McNabb to the Vikings, does this mean that Grossman is in line for the Redskins starting QB job? LeMel, please tell me this is true.

It's either him or John Beck. John is uh, a BYU guy and...he's a little more mobile than Rex...and he reminds me of Beck, who is a great musician.

Never thought I would ever type these words, but I definitely prefer Rexy of the two.

Yes. As you should.

I hope it's a fair competition between the two in camp, and that Rex kicks his ass.

The world is a dark place, and America finds itself in troubled times. We need more Grossman in our lives.

Apparently the Pats just picked up Albert Haynesworth from Washington for a fifth in 2013.

Not sure what to think about this. Obviously the draft pick is peanuts, but the last highly-paid defender Belichick tried to shoehorn into a scheme he didn't like (Adalius Thomas) was a disaster. He won't have to play NT, but will he be able to play DE in a 3-4? Will he only play on passing downs? Hmm.

Apparently the Pats just picked up Albert Haynesworth from Washington for a fifth in 2013.

Not sure what to think about this. Obviously the draft pick is peanuts, but the last highly-paid defender Belichick tried to shoehorn into a scheme he didn't like (Adalius Thomas) was a disaster. He won't have to play NT, but will he be able to play DE in a 3-4? Will he only play on passing downs? Hmm.

He's not really highly paid anymore - the Redskins took care of most of that contract. He's on the hook for $5 mil I believe this year. That's worth the risk for a player of his caliber.

Certainly will be interesting to see how he's used. Although the Pats are traditionally a 3-4 team, they used different formations for more than 50% of their plays last year.

This is a great opportunity for Haynesworth if he can get his act together, and the cost for the Patriots is minimal. I like taking the risk here.

Reggie Bush to Miami, Kyle Orton likely to Miami.

Don't know what to think, to be honest. Good to have a QB that is better than dirt I guess. Hopefully he and Marshall will mesh here in Miami as well - kickstart Marshall.

As for the RB, I see Bush as another Ronnie Brown.

Damn, I was looking forwward to following Andy and Ochocinco with the Bengals this season. Ooohh well.

So does Aaron Hernandez sell his jersey number to Ochocinco or does Chad Ochocinco have to change his name again...Chad Ochouno perhaps?

How would it be a wise move in any way?

It looks like you got Vince Young instead. I still think Favre could have been a decent backup if he swallowed his pride and took a low salary just to be part of a team. a huge "if" of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom