NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if Brett Favre would trade back any of those late game INT's. :D

folks. we may be close to a deal. they actually stayed up past midnight talking.....something they should have done in March.

The lockout itself is, for all intents and purposes, over:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/spo...ut-nfl-owners-ratify-deal-to-end-lockout.html

A lot of financial kinks to work out still, but it's looking good now. Al Davis wouldn't agree to anything not written on a stone tablet, so the the Raiders abstained.

Also, the Hall of Fame game is officially canceled. We'll have to wait an extra week to see the Rams' 8th string.

250px-DSC_0340_Kevin_Kolb_%282%29.jpg

That sucks that they cancelled the HOF game. That's a ton of revenue lost for Canton. :sad:

Somebody on the radio was being a real bitch about the HOF game this morning, "Oh wow, big deal they cancelled a pointless game in the heat where the players chance getting hurt. Now if only they can get all of the other pointless exhibition games out of the way."

Seriously, the guys at XRT should never ever talk about sports, they don't know a damn thing.

God fucking dammit.

When did these meatheaded animals decide that they suddenly have brains and free will? They need to remember that they're puppets, filthy rich puppets, and they need to get out on the gridiron and dance for America's entertainment.

Was there ever really a doubt?

Glad it's about to officially be over, but, honestly, not for one second did I think a regular season snap would be missed. I'm sure most of you felt the same way.

The NBA, however, I could see missing some games.....not that I'd care all that much.

I will be very curious to see if the NFL now quickly makes a deal for Thursday night games to be televised from week 2 - the week before Thanksgiving.

I will be very curious to see if the NFL now quickly makes a deal for Thursday night games to be televised from week 2 - the week before Thanksgiving.

Why would they do this? I hadn't heard that this idea was being bandied about (not that I've been paying particularly close attention).

Because it will fetch them several hundred million dollars per year.

Thursday night games already air on their own network once Thanksgiving rolls around, so, they're likely to attempt to make it a year-round thing. They'll have 2 major suitors.

Because it will fetch them several hundred million dollars per year.

Thursday night games already air on their own network once Thanksgiving rolls around, so, they're likely to attempt to make it a year-round thing. They'll have 2 major suitors.

Duh. For some reason I thought you meant that they were going to move the Thursday games from after Thanksgiving to before.

Nothing to see here, move along.

I'd be really surprised. Andy Reid hates adding people older than 30 and hates distractions (part of why this might be the last year you see DeSean in an Eagles uniform).

I'd be really surprised. Andy Reid hates adding people older than 30 and hates distractions (part of why this might be the last year you see DeSean in an Eagles uniform).

in all honesty though, it wouldn't be the worst move the Eagles could make. although i'm a big Vick fan (yes, i hate dogs too), i'm not sold on him staying healthy all year. having someone like Favre to come in and and close a game for you could prove to be helpful.

assuming Kolb is gone, who is their other QB? are the Eagles pretty confident in him?

Mike Kafka, of Northwestern fame. There is not a soul in the world who is confident in him.

This picture just doesn't have the same effect:

Mike+Kafka+Philadelphia+Eagles+v+Cincinnati+SKdLjqdFYgDl.jpg

hmmm....then i really wouldn't blame Philly for picking up a veteran. if it's Favre, they should prepare for the baggage (mostly on the media's end), but it could end up being a wise move. i'm all for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom