NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocked that Belichick took an OL that nobody had been discussing and then traded away the other first rounder.
borat-not-jb.jpg

Though I would have liked them to take a shot on Ingram.

Unless he has info that DaQuan Bowers' knee is shot, he better nab him with 33. Dude was a sure fire top 5 pick pre-injury, could be a steal here.

We were all sitting here scared that the Dolphins were going to take Ingram and waste a perfectly good pick that could've gotten us a badly needed center.

Hopefully they pick up Mallett in the QB department this afternoon so we can keep the revolving door moving.

Shocked that Belichick took an OL that nobody had been discussing and then traded away the other first rounder.
borat-not-jb.jpg

Though I would have liked them to take a shot on Ingram.

Unless he has info that DaQuan Bowers' knee is shot, he better nab him with 33. Dude was a sure fire top 5 pick pre-injury, could be a steal here.

I think New England did great Day 1. I'd like to see them trade down just a few spots from 33 to a team wanting Bowers or a QB. The Pats would still be able to choose from a few quality pass rushers.

I'm not sure they're sold on Bowers' health, otherwise they might have grabbed him at 28.

N.E. takes a CB, cool. I'm wondering if they'll trade up for a rusher now?

And SF takes a QB in the second round. They swap picks with Denver, and give up two more picks, most likely for a guy that would have been available at 45 anyway. And Mallett is still on the board, so this pick is confusing, at least for me.

I don't know much about Colin Kaepernick. Can anyone tell me anything about him?

I don't know much about Colin Kaepernick. Can anyone tell me anything about him?

Superstrong arm. Maybe second to Mallet. SF probably rates him higher due to Mallet's character issues, and Kaep is more mobile. Good pick for their new coach, and he's good with QBs.

i love when the Packers take someone that i key in on. i've been eyeing Randall Cobb since last season!

I like the 49ers fourth round pick, OK State RB Kendall Hunter. Sure, he's 5'8", 200 lbs, but he has the potential to become a good compliment to Gore (when he's healthy) and could be used on special teams. Plus, he was projected to go anywhere from as early as the middle of the second to the third, so they got good value for him.

I'm amused by all the people who think that Belichick is trying to develop Mallett and spin him off for a future first-round pick instead of possibly having him replace a 38-year-old one-legged QB four years from now.

I'm amused by all the people who think that Belichick is trying to develop Mallett and spin him off for a future first-round pick instead of possibly having him replace a 38-year-old one-legged QB four two years from now.

fixed :wink:

i do actually think belichick made this pick in reaction to the stinker brady put up in the playoffs... and i would only believe that because it's belichick.

i love when the Packers take someone that i key in on. i've been eyeing Randall Cobb since last season!

I liked that pick too. Seems doubtful that Jones will be back, and Cobb might eventually be a nice upgrade.

Thompson's done a nice job with 2nd round wideouts thus far.

I think Belichick probably had Mallett rated higher than several of the QB's who were taken, and saw an opportunity for what he perceived as excellent value. I think his intent is to groom him as Brady's backup and eventual replacement. Of course I think that was also his thinking with Kevin O'Connell and that didn't pan out.

I didn't realize 1) That Marcus Cannon was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and 2) That he ended up getting drafted pretty late as a result.

That upsets me on a few levels, not the late draft, I understand why that happened. I'm upset because of the timing, but also because Marcus is an acquaintance of mine, and I really hope he beats this thing. He has to get better and become a breakout player so I can start telling everyone my awesome anecdote about how he helped me break into my car.

But seriously, I hope he gets better and has a long and awesome future with the Patriots. If he does get well and is as strong as he was, Belichick has another awesome pick on his hands...what else is new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom