NFL part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hewson said:
Should the lockout be settled and the season not affected (a longshot I know) would the hastsbf get reinstated or is it gone for good?

Nah it was by choice actually. She has another job lined up, thankfully.

All league employees are on furlough for the length of the lockout. 10% salary reduction. If it gets to the point where games are canceled that's when layoffs would begin.

Well, thats not so bad, having another job lined up these days is a rarity.
At least you got to see a couple of pretty good Super Bowls.

Yeah, the only difference is that trades cannot involve actual players.

I don't think it will change things too much. If a team like your 49ers wants to move back into the first round for a QB and is willing to give up next year's 1st round pick, you'll see that trade made in a heartbeat.

I was taking my weekly stroll through Google News seeing who was interested in Andy Dalton, and came across this article. I lolled:

Andy Dalton Fears Confirm Ginger Prejudice Is Real - From Our Editors - SBNation.com

Andy Dalton has red hair, and I am not talking about your general strawberry blonde, either. His hair is as red-orange as a radioactive tangelo. Orangutans would describe it as "WHOA." Sunsets slow down when Dalton goes on beach vacations to watch him walk over the horizon. In a box of crayons, it is listed as "Andy Dalton's hair."

38705_tcu_wyoming_football_medium.jpg

By any standards, it is an extreme and glorious shade of red. it was the same color when he lead TCU to a Rose Bowl victory over the Wisconsin Badgers in the 2011 Rose Bowl, and was the same color when he led TCU to an undefeated season in 2010.

This cannot possibly be a concern to the NFL scouting community. And this is a concern to the NFL scouting community.

"Has there ever been a red-headed quarterback in the NFL who's really done well?" a coach asked the media last week. "It sounds idiotic, but is there any way that could be a factor? We've wondered."

Besides having no souls and all being witches? In actual science, redheads take 20% more anesthesia to get knocked out, but have the added twist of feeling pain more acutely than non-redheads. Nature's fun like that! In conclusion: Andy Dalton may actually be tougher than other quarterbacks because of his hair color, ginger prejudice is real at the NFL level, and NFL scouts are basically just guessing 24/7 and making it look like hard science.

The only silver lining to my slowly going fucking bald is that I'm leaving behind all evidence of ever having been a ginger.

Though, even at my most....gingery......my hair didn't look quite that red.

Also, I missed out on being mocked for being a ginger because it wasn't THAT big of a deal when I was a kid, and, of course, I was too busy getting my teeth kicked in for being a Jew for anyone to really take the time to worry about my hair color.

Go Steelers.

I think the worst part of me being Irish is my complete lack of empathy. Irish people are the least empathetic people on the planet. It's that or the drinking.

Probably the drinking.

Thinking about it.

I participated in a Mock NFL Draft tonight for reasons I won't be arsed to explain. It was pretty lacking in entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom